[MC 1.8.9-1.12.2] Plethora

105 replies to this topic

#61 xFreak666

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Can you add support for Thermal Expansion please. btw i'm really thankful for this mod i've been searching for OpenPeripherals alternative for ages and i accidentally found out about your mod in a curse comment section , Thanks a lot !
EDIT : Also i would love to know how to wrap a mob in the neutral interface.

Edited by xFreak666, 14 June 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#62 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostxFreak666, on 14 June 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Can you add support for Thermal Expansion please. btw i'm really thankful for this mod i've been searching for OpenPeripherals alternative for ages and i accidentally found out about your mod in a curse comment section , Thanks a lot !
Hrmrmr, Thermal Expansion should work fine. What version of it are you running - there was a bug in their code which stopped Plethora from working, but it should be fixed in the latest build.

Also i would love to know how to wrap a mob in the neutral interface.
There is some documentation on how to achieve this on the website. If you have any questions beyond that, feel free to ask - I'm aware that it is a little lacking in places :/.

#63 xFreak666

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostSquidDev, on 14 June 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hrmrmr, Thermal Expansion should work fine. What version of it are you running - there was a bug in their code which stopped Plethora from working, but it should be fixed in the latest build.

I just updated Thermal Expansion and it works Thanks ! :D

View PostSquidDev, on 14 June 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Also i would love to know how to wrap a mob in the neutral interface.
There is some documentation on how to achieve this on the website. If you have any questions beyond that, feel free to ask - I'm aware that it is a little lacking in places :/.

Yeah , i did all the steps mentioned in the documentation , however , what i'd love to know is the coding part. I've hooked up a chicken with a neutral interface , add a kinetic augment opened the neutral interface's gui but i cant figure out how to peripheral.wrap it to a variable to start playing with the methods.

Anyway thanks for the quick reply.

#64 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

If you type "peripherals" into the command line, you'll get a list of all available devices, along with their types. See this tutorial regarding how to wrap them, and also for how to discover what functions are available to them.

In this case, you're wrapping the neural interface. What the interface can do depends on what modules you've installed into it.

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 16 June 2017 - 02:44 AM.

#65 xFreak666

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 16 June 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

If you type "peripherals" into the command line, you'll get a list of all available devices, along with their types. See this tutorial regarding how to wrap them, and also for how to discover what functions are available to them.

In this case, you're wrapping the neural interface. What the interface can do depends on what modules you've installed into it.

Well quite obvious isn't it x) , i'm sorry i didn't know about the peripherals function thanks a lot :D

#66 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostxFreak666, on 16 June 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

Yeah , i did all the steps mentioned in the documentation , however , what i'd love to know is the coding part. I've hooked up a chicken with a neutral interface , add a kinetic augment opened the neutral interface's gui but i cant figure out how to peripheral.wrap it to a variable to start playing with the methods.
Yah, that is rather less well explained. As BombBloke has mentioned already, you can run peripherals to get a list of peripherals - modules (such as the kinetic augment) get wrapped on the back slot. This peripheral exposes a getDocs method, which provides a table of method names and doc-string. These can also be found online.

#67 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

I've just updated Plethora to Minecraft 1.12. It's still a beta, so there may be some issues. You'll need to use a 1.12 build from the ComputerCraft build server, as there isn't a stable build of ComputerCraft on CurseForge yet.

#68 vico

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

I've got this error with Plethora:
Spoiler

#69 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

View Postvico, on 21 July 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

I've got this error with Plethora:
Ahhh, this is one of those wonderful "class doesn't exist on the dedicated sever" bugs. I've created an issue on GitHub, which I'll close when fixed.

#70 wintertown

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

I'm having some trouble getting modules from a manipulator, so I tried one of the tutorials just to make sure, and I keep getting "A module has changed" when trying to use modules.hasModule("plethora:laser"). What might be causing this?

#71 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

View Postwintertown, on 22 August 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm having some trouble getting modules from a manipulator, so I tried one of the tutorials just to make sure, and I keep getting "A module has changed" when trying to use modules.hasModule("plethora:laser"). What might be causing this?
Hrmrrm, that's strange. Can you try removing and replacing a module and seeing if that fixes it? Can I check you're on the latest version? There were some issues with older versions not correctly refreshing modules.

#72 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

It's been a while since the last plethora update, and even longer since I last posted an update. In that time there's been three updates (imaginatively titled 1.1.8, 1.1.9 and 1.1.10). I'll be honest, not much has changed, but there are some cool new features:
  • Add introspection module for turtles, providing more powerful interaction with the inventory.
  • Add terminal glasses. This currently only supports the basic elements (lines, polygons, etc..) but more features are in the pipeline.
  • Add creative chat recorder. This speaks as the server and can capture all player's inputs.
  • Allow placing the manipulator on the side/top of blocks.
  • Lots and lots of bugfixes.
I've also started some work on documenting the various modules/items provided by Plethora. If you've ever had questions about the mod, or are just interested, it would be fantastic if you could have a read!

#73 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

I've just pushed a new version of Plethora to CurseForge (1.1.11). Whilst it's mostly a bug fix update, it does introduce a complete overhaul of the internal method system, which is a little more fool proof in terms of validation. There's also a few updates and improvements to mod integration, most notably AppliedEnergistics and Refined Storage.

Changelog
Core and gameplay
  • Allow using kinetic augment in turtles
  • Fix overlay glasses not rendering objects with a deterministic ordering
  • Allow offline players to talk through the chat recorder
  • Track ownership of manipulators and neural interfaces, ensuring the correct GameProfile is used for world interactions.
  • Rewrite the context and converter system, allowing to act more dynamically. This dramatically reduces the number of "This block has changed" errors you might get.
Mod integration
  • Add support for CC: Tweaked wired networks
  • Allow neural interface to act as a botania cosmetic bauble
  • Various improvements to AE/RS integration
    • Fix AE crafting not being accessible
    • Fix RS not showing craftable items
    • Add .export method to AE/RS item stacks.
  • Remove CCTweaks integration

#74 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

View PostSquidDev, on 16 March 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

• Allow using kinetic augment in turtles

I'm intrigued about what this does to the turtle.

#75 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

View PostLupus590, on 16 March 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Allow using kinetic augment in turtles
I'm intrigued about what this does to the turtle.
It effectively acts like CCTweaks's tool host, allowing to use arbitrary tools in a turtle.

#76 Kepler

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:06 PM

Add .export method to AE/RS item stacks.

Excellent ! I'll give a try.

#77 blunty666

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

I've been playing around with this and it's really good! The Overlay Glasses seem like they could be a good successor to the terminal glasses from OpenPeripherals. Do you still have plans to develop this further?

I like the fact you have the canvas.getSize() function in there which was always something that I thought was missing from the terminal glasses.

It would be nice to be able to change the Z order of the objects after they have been drawn, and being able to use the mouse with the neural interface keyboard to click and drag objects would be even better...

While I think about it :) being able to group objects together and move them around as one would also be nice, i.e.

objectGroup = canvas.addObjectGroup(xPos, yPos)

-- add individual objects
rectangle = objectGroup.addRectangle(xOffset, yOffset, width, height)
text = objectGroup.addText(xOffset, yOffset, text)

-- set properties for all objects at the same time
objectGroup.setPosition(xPos, yPos)
objectGroup.setScale(0.5)

-- remove individual objects from the group
objectGroup.removeObject( rectangle.getID() )

-- remove all the objects at the same time by removing the object group
objectGroup.remove()

I ended up writing a lengthy (and probably very inefficient) API to do this for the terminal glasses, but having the functionality built in would save a lot of effort and let people focus on creating more fully fledged programs instead of getting bogged down in having to keep track of drawing all the objects etc...

#78 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

I'm not sure when it happened, but I just noticed Plethora has hit 10k downloads! I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has contributed to this, with your translations, code, bug reports, suggestions and obviously playing with it!

View Postblunty666, on 21 April 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

I've been playing around with this and it's really good! The Overlay Glasses seem like they could be a good successor to the terminal glasses from OpenPeripherals. Do you still have plans to develop this further?
I'm really sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Yeah, there's a whole load of other stuff on the todo list for it, there's just an awful lot of decisions I need to make as to how it all fits together.

View Postblunty666, on 21 April 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

It would be nice to be able to change the Z order of the objects after they have been drawn, and being able to use the mouse with the neural interface keyboard to click and drag objects would be even better...

While I think about it :) being able to group objects together and move them around as one would also be nice, i.e.
Both mouse and z-index control is on the todo list, though I hadn't thought about the idea of drag-and-drop interfaces, that would definitely be very neat!

Grouping would be very cool, but I'd have to have a thunk about how it would work internally. The current system of syncing between the server and client is pretty naive, so I'd need to improve that a lot in order for groups to not have a large network cost.

#79 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

I myself have tried playing it, never even got up to the menu screen before it crashed

I seriously do not know what's wrong. I've tried it from both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 on two IP's, but everybody else seems to have it working fine. Unfair...

#80 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostEveryOS, on 23 May 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

I myself have tried playing it, never even got up to the menu screen before it crashed
Is this the same crash as in this post? If so, have you tried running it in a fresh install of Forge + CC rather than a development environment?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users