[MC 1.8.9-1.12.2] Plethora

105 replies to this topic

#101 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostJummit, on 12 October 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

I made this request some time ago, and I think SquidDev implemented it in commit afd952a? I'm not sure about that though.
Sort of - it only works when you're using it with the overlay glasses. As I explained in the issue, I'm not really a fan of doing it elsewhere (i.e. for normal terminals), as I don't think there's a way to do it so it makes sense. You can't actually see the terminal, so there's no visual feedback on what you're clicking on.

#102 Jummit

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationJulfander Squad Studio

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

View PostSquidDev, on 12 October 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostJummit, on 12 October 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

I made this request some time ago, and I think SquidDev implemented it in commit afd952a? I'm not sure about that though.
Sort of - it only works when you're using it with the overlay glasses. As I explained in the issue, I'm not really a fan of doing it elsewhere (i.e. for normal terminals), as I don't think there's a way to do it so it makes sense. You can't actually see the terminal, so there's no visual feedback on what you're clicking on.
I fully understand that. Cool that you implemented it this way, I like it!

Edited by Jummit, 12 October 2018 - 03:25 PM.

#103 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

Oh goodness, what's this? It's a release post! Its' been a while since I did one of these - the last Plethora update was in August 2018. Thankfully, the massive gap between releases means there's actually a (somewhat) big changelog this time.

The big news this update is that Plethora requires CC:Tweaked. This isn't a decision I've made lightly - I've always wanted Plethora to be as compatible as possible. However, some parts of Plethora reach quite far into CC internals, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to test against multiple versions of CC.

From what I can tell, most people using Plethora are already using CC:T, so this shouldn't affect too many people. We'll see :/.

On the bright side, adding a hard dependency on CC:Tweaked means we can take advantage of additional APIs exposed by CC:Tweaked. For instance:
  • turtle.inspect() provides full block metadata if scanner is available
  • turtle.getItemDetail() also includes nbtHash, like listing a chest.
  • Allow refuelling turtles from FE/RF batteries (configurable, disabled by default)
  • Wired networks can be routed through XNet networks. Think of this as AE2's peer-to-peer networks, but even friendlier on TPS!
There's been lots of other changes, including new mod integrations, new metadata providers, and new methods! As always, the full changelog is available on GitHub, but here's a could of highlights:
  • The whole system for creating new functions was rewritten again, making it more robust and much friendlier to use. Yes, this is an internal change which has no user-facing impact, but it's very cool so deserves a place in the changelog. On the bright side, the documented method signature should always be correct.
  • Expose the "captured entity" for Soul Vials (EnderIO), Morbs (Thermal expansion) and vanilla spawn eggs and spawners.
  • Allow adding items and lines to the overlay glasses' 3D canvas. (@Lignum)
  • Add integration with Astral Sorcery, Chickens, Hatchery and Roost (@Nerdpie)
  • Allow upgrading sensors and scanners with nether stars. Each star increases the range of a sensor/scanner by half the amount of the previous one.
I've also updated the method listing, so hopefully it's a little less out-of-date now (even if still impossible to read, suggestions welcome!). I'm also now providing a method/metadata listing for all supported mods, which means you don't have to generate an export if you're running a more heavily modded pack.

On a closing note, massive thanks to Nerdpie for their contributions their update! They've contributed an awful lot of code, some great ideas and have coped with incessant requests for changes

Edited by SquidDev, 03 May 2019 - 10:53 AM.

#104 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

Random question. Since CC-T is already on 1.14 any idea when this is going to follow?

#105 SquidDev

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:00 PM

View PostPurple, on 13 January 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Random question. Since CC-T is already on 1.14 any idea when this is going to follow?
Same as anything - when I have time and energy. Or someone else helps out!

Edited by SquidDev, 13 January 2020 - 05:01 PM.

#106 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 04 October 2020 - 07:12 PM

What would that help entail? I know zero about modding minecraft but at this point I figure I might as well ask.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users