Thoughts on No Man's Sky?

game

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on No Man's Sky?

Have you got the game?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What console/platform?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you like the game?

Did it meet it's expectations?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

Hello,

I was just wanted to hear people's opinions of the No Man's Sky game and what they feel about it? So if you have it/played it, tell me where you are as in progress, like what you have so far, the path you've taken, and your opinions of the game?

My opinion:

Well I got the game on pre-order which was good as I was able to get some free stuff to help at the start, the game so far I think is beautiful, like actually exploring planets is just incredible, seeing some of the animals and that around the game, and meeting new life-forms is awesome. My only points I was annoyed about was that it's not the multiplayer I was expecting more like: Dark Souls, so think of a large database with points on a map, which are shared with each player pretty much, although they were saying you can sometimes see players flying past in FTL or when using pulse drives but not sure?

Where I am:
I currently have jumped 3 star systems, using FTL, I have a hyperdrive, pulse drive etc, everything is running fairly nicely, well after I got ruined by some space pirates.. I can't take on 4 apparently... >.<

The path I took:
I actually followed Atlas (I think?) at the start, as I was told to as it helps you get everything so you can travel on your own.

Thanks guys!

#2 MKlegoman357

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

This bothers me.

I haven't gotten the game myself (don't think I will), as it doesn't look to have enough things to keep me entertained. It looks like after some time it will just get too repetitive and thus become boring.

#3 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

MKlegoman357, on 11 August 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

This bothers me.

I haven't gotten the game myself (don't think I will), as it doesn't look to have enough things to keep me entertained. It looks like after some time it will just get too repetitive and thus become boring.

Yeah I saw that, and I do agree, it could of been added, even if it's like friend based so you can have friends there but idk... would/could of been a lot better if they added that...

But playing the game still is quite fun, but i do agree it will get boring faster than they expected.

#4 Kouksi44

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

I haven't bought it yet but I am definitely planning to do so !
While I think it is true that No mans sky can get pretty repetitive after playing for some hours you should keep in mind that there are tons of updates ahead!
E.g. Base building and bigger ships are planned for the next update which is super cool imo :)

#5 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

Kouksi44, on 11 August 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

I haven't bought it yet but I am definitely planning to do so !
While I think it is true that No mans sky can get pretty repetitive after playing for some hours you should keep in mind that there are tons of updates ahead!
E.g. Base building and bigger ships are planned for the next update which is super cool imo :)

Yes I have seen this, I am so buzzing for this game, even now I am having great fun, but do buy it, pre-order for extra stuff!!

#6 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

(oohhh, I'm not the only one who gushes over games in the CC forums...!)

I don't think I'll get it, as it looks similar to two other games I already own, namely Space Engineers and Star Citizen. And both of those games are multiplayer.
It doesn't look like a bomb about to go off, but after a load of disappointing games, my hype receptor has been overloaded and fried. Hence why I only really play a few games.

#7 CrazedProgrammer

• Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

Before release I was very suspicious of this game, because of the lack of information, the obvious bullshots, the vague and sometimes scripted interviews, and the lack of knowing what the game is really about.
It doesn't suprise me that the people who had any hype for this game were disappointed to see that it's a "survival" game with sandbox elements.
It also bothers me to see how bad the game actually looks, especially after seeing those unbelievable bullshots that were advertised.
The lighting and textures looks like it came out of 2005, and even then some games did it better.
Not to mention the insanely low FOV where I think even console players get motion sickness from, and the FPS drops down to 15 when you're boosting in your space ship.

Oh well, another lesson for people not to pre-order.

#8 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

CrazedProgrammer, on 12 August 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

Before release I was very suspicious of this game, because of the lack of information, the obvious bullshots, the vague and sometimes scripted interviews, and the lack of knowing what the game is really about.
It doesn't suprise me that the people who had any hype for this game were disappointed to see that it's a "survival" game with sandbox elements.
It also bothers me to see how bad the game actually looks, especially after seeing those unbelievable bullshots that were advertised.
The lighting and textures looks like it came out of 2005, and even then some games did it better.
Not to mention the insanely low FOV where I think even console players get motion sickness from, and the FPS drops down to 15 when you're boosting in your space ship.

Oh well, another lesson for people not to pre-order.

Interesting, I didn't have any problems with FPS drops, even when boosting, and I haven't personally had any motion sickness, with the disappointment, yes my only problem is the multiplayer, other than that the game isn't too bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users