java exception?

4 replies to this topic

#1 subzero22

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

I got a program working to show info on my draconic reactor. I'm still working on it but every so often I get this and the program stops. I can't figure out the problem or why it's doing it.

Error message:

Java Exception Thrown: Jave.lang.NullPointerException

My code
http://pastebin.com/fDhPGR2Y

Edited by subzero22, 22 September 2016 - 01:00 AM.

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

It appears that the paste you've linked to has been removed.

#3 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:15 PM

Java exceptions indicate a problem has occurred either within ComputerCraft's own code (less likely), or within the code of a third-party peripheral (more likely). That can be because you're calling a function incorrectly (in which case you should still expect to get a more description error), though it's possible you've hit upon a rather more specific bug.

Shot in the dark guess, if your reactor covers multiple chunks then it may relate to those chunks being unloaded sometimes.

#4 subzero22

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:01 AM

ok fixed the pastebin link. Ya its' a draconic reactor multi block and to connect to it got you use the openperipherals. But the thing is I'm right near the chunk as it's only like 3-4 chunks away from my pc so not sure how it gets unloaded.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:57 AM

You'll want to track down the line(s) which're triggering the error, so the first thing to do would be to add a "print(<linenumber>)" before each dreactor or dmon reference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users