Jump to content




Opus OS


64 replies to this topic

#21 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

You can now easily run this OS (or try it out):
pastebin run Fm3xf6Z9

Instead of installing files on the computer, the source is loaded (as needed) directly from git. This is also a nice way to run if you are low on disk space.

#22 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

Opus OS got a face lift.

Posted Image

Included two new programs:

mwm: A monitor window manager for running multiple applications on one monitor.

treefarm: A turtle program for tree farming. No GPS needed and can survive server restarts

* Just place the turtle in front of an oak tree with a chest and crafting table in it's inventory and it will create the complete farm. See notes in top of program file.


Edited by Kepler, 27 September 2017 - 08:50 PM.


#23 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:22 PM



Playing around controlling multiple turtles. I thought this turned out pretty good.

Basically, I'm running all the turtles as if they were local to the pocket computer. This approach greatly simplifies multi-turtle programs. Note that the turtle functions I use are somewhat high-level (I just need to tell the turtle at what coordinates to place each block). I also notify each turtle when a block is placed so the path finding algorithm is more efficient.

I've added this support to the develop branch only as I'm still improving the code.

Here's the test program:
Spoiler


#24 SchnitzeltoastMC

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

Hi,

I can't use the the communication beetween Computers (VNC, SAMBA etc.)

It says the PC wasn't found on the desired Port.
I tried on the 1.12.2 Version (Yes there is one, But inofficial) and also on an older CraftOS Version (Emulated)

#25 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostSchnitzeltoastMC, on 05 November 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hi,

I can't use the the communication beetween Computers (VNC, SAMBA etc.)

It says the PC wasn't found on the desired Port.
I tried on the 1.12.2 Version (Yes there is one, But inofficial) and also on an older CraftOS Version (Emulated)

Here's some quick instructions on allowing connections between computers:

1. On the system you want to connect to, you need to add a password. Run "password" from a shell prompt.
2. On the system you want to connect from: you need to authenticate to that computer. Run "trust <id>" on this computer - where <id> is the ID of the computer you want to connect to and enter the password. Example: "trust 24".

This only needs to be done one time as trust has now been established.

I've made this much easier in the next version (still in development), including instructions.

Give this a try and if you still have issues, let me know.

#26 Bubbycolditz

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnited States, USA

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Excellent Operating System! I will be going through tests and I will try to find any bugs that you need to fix to make your OS even better :)

#27 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

View PostWeareverylucky, on 06 November 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Excellent Operating System! I will be going through tests and I will try to find any bugs that you need to fix to make your OS even better :)

Thanks! Yes, let me know of any bugs/suggestions you have.

#28 LDDestroier

  • Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

I once wanted to make a desktop grid for CC similar to the one in the Unity desktop, but after realizing I hadn't a damned clue where to begin, I stopped. Could the task select use a workspace grid?


EDIT: woot https://raw.githubus...r/workspace.lua

Edited by LDDestroier, 02 May 2019 - 05:36 AM.


#29 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostEldidiStroyrr, on 06 November 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

I once wanted to make a desktop grid for CC similar to the one in the Unity desktop, but after realizing I hadn't a damned clue where to begin, I stopped. Could the task select use a workspace grid?

Really don't think it would work too well as I can't show an icon for each task. Normally, this would be a scaled down picture of the app (which would like really bad at like 5x5 pixels.

#30 Siftos31

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

I'm impressed. Really impressed..

#31 marv21222324

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

kepler j'ais un probleme je n'arrive pas a faire folow la turtle la turle me dit qu'elle na pas de gps mes je ne sais pas ou trover le gps


kepler I have a problem I can not do follow the turtle turtle tells me she does not gps my I do not know or trover the gps

video

https://www.youtube....h?v=Y6NAiGr704Y

help please

#32 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

View Postmarv21222324, on 04 March 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

kepler j'ais un probleme je n'arrive pas a faire folow la turtle la turle me dit qu'elle na pas de gps mes je ne sais pas ou trover le gps


kepler I have a problem I can not do follow the turtle turtle tells me she does not gps my I do not know or trover the gps

video

https://www.youtube....h?v=Y6NAiGr704Y

help please

Take a look at this video:



#33 atithaoss

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:59 PM

Hello, you have done great work with Opus OS.

I use it with Minecraft 1.12.2 and refine storage. I use Interface and I can see my items that are changing.

The only thing that I want to know is if there is another peripheral except duck antenna so I will build the Refine storage manager.

I love your OS

#34 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:12 AM

View Postatithaoss, on 09 March 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hello, you have done great work with Opus OS.

I use it with Minecraft 1.12.2 and refine storage. I use Interface and I can see my items that are changing.

The only thing that I want to know is if there is another peripheral except duck antenna so I will build the Refine storage manager.

I love your OS

Thanks!

With this setup:
chest (on top)
turtle
refined storage controller (below)

You would have this in the usr/config/chestManager configuration file:
{
inventoryDirection = { direction = 'up', wrapSide = 'bottom' },
chestDirection = { direction = 'down', wrapSide = 'top' },
}

(I've simplified the configuration a lot in a newer version)

The chest acts like a duck antenna in 1.8+.

Note that the turtle will, most likely, not be able to craft items in this version as refined storage support was crippled in later versions of plethora. You should, although, be able to initiate crafting with the program. This allows you to set minimum levels for items (ie. always have 64 planks crafted).

#35 SquidDev

    Frickin' laser beams

  • Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

 Kepler, on 10 March 2018 - 02:12 AM, said:

as refined storage support was crippled in later versions of plethora.
Can you file a report on the issue tracker? I'm not aware of Plethora changing removing any functionality on its end, so it's possible RS introduced some incompatibilities along the way. I recently did a lot of work to get AE implementation in a functional state, so would be happy to do the same to RS.

Edited by SquidDev, 10 March 2018 - 09:41 AM.


#36 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

 SquidDev, on 10 March 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

 Kepler, on 10 March 2018 - 02:12 AM, said:

as refined storage support was crippled in later versions of plethora.
Can you file a report on the issue tracker? I'm not aware of Plethora changing removing any functionality on its end, so it's possible RS introduced some incompatibilities along the way. I recently did a lot of work to get AE implementation in a functional state, so would be happy to do the same to RS.

I am filing a bug report now. Until some issues are resolved for this version, I would not recommend using refined storage with the storage manager as the ability to invoke crafting is not functioning correctly.

#37 marv21222324

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

Playing around controlling multiple turtles. I thought this turned out pretty good.

Basically, I'm running all the turtles as if they were local to the pocket computer. This approach greatly simplifies multi-turtle programs. Note that the turtle functions I use are somewhat high-level (I just need to tell the turtle at what coordinates to place each block). I also notify each turtle when a block is placed so the path finding algorithm is more efficient.

I've added this support to the develop branch only as I'm still improving the code.




you think that will come out when

#38 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

 marv21222324, on 13 March 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

you think that will come out when

If you want to try out the latest version for 1.7.10 - 1.12, you can do:
pastebin run UzGHLbNC
Select the develop-1.8 branch (still some testing left to do for version 1.7.10)

I've got a bit more testing to do before I release this version.

Edited by Kepler, 13 March 2018 - 10:56 PM.


#39 marv21222324

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

j'ai essayé sa a l'air de fonctioné mais comment ont fais pour transféré de la pocket aux turtle

video https://www.youtube....h?v=RN09ZEUu7-Q


I tried it seems functional but how did I transfer it from the pocket to the turtle video https://www.youtube....h?v=RN09ZEUu7-Q



I tried it seems functional but how did I transfer it from the pocket to the turtle video

#40 Kepler

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

View Postmarv21222324, on 14 March 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

j'ai essayé sa a l'air de fonctioné mais comment ont fais pour transféré de la pocket aux turtle

video https://www.youtube....h?v=RN09ZEUu7-Q


I tried it seems functional but how did I transfer it from the pocket to the turtle video https://www.youtube....h?v=RN09ZEUu7-Q



I tried it seems functional but how did I transfer it from the pocket to the turtle video


I am unable to view the video. It is showing as unavailable.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users