OnlineAPPS - Online Program Distribution

23 replies to this topic

#1 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:10 PM

Discontinued.

Edited by Twijn, 20 November 2017 - 05:13 AM.

#2 supernicejohn

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:30 PM

I believe I am the first to use this! Nice UI, but I would like a "dependencies" area, for any APIs, instead of cluttering the description (also links to these). And of course file upload instead of copy paste, but since Multi-File Programs are being implemented, I assume it will have that soon :)

Also having the font size be smaller would be nice, although zooming out solves that.

Really nicely done, can't wait for this to go mainstream! +1

#3 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:38 PM

View Postsupernicejohn, on 12 November 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

I believe I am the first to use this! Nice UI, but I would like a "dependencies" area, for any APIs, instead of cluttering the description (also links to these). And of course file upload instead of copy paste, but since Multi-File Programs are being implemented, I assume it will have that soon :)

Also having the font size be smaller would be nice, although zooming out solves that.

Really nicely done, can't wait for this to go mainstream! +1

Copying and pasting will likely be replaced with just uploading files, but keep in mind that you can use the OnlineAPPS Command Line to create or update a program. Just use the commands 'create -file <File name>' or 'update -file <File Name> -code <Code>'

And thank you!

EDIT: It appears there are no + things in your programs, which causes errors everywhere... I'm not sure why it's like this or if it was copied like that or if it was the posting that did it (which it shouldn't of). It has always included + signs whenever I've posted anything there, which is odd.

Edited by Twijn, 12 November 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#4 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

Sounds interesting!

"Nice" website. It looks a bit bugged for me (the text is going outside the box), though, and the fonts you chose are kinda "hard" to read IMO.

#5 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

View PostH4X0RZ, on 13 November 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

Sounds interesting!

"Nice" website. It looks a bit bugged for me (the text is going outside the box), though, and the fonts you chose are kinda "hard" to read IMO.
Yeah, it's not supposed to be like that... I'll fix that, although I'm not sure why it's doing it on only some computers. I'll also look into different fonts (As I was honestly thinking the same thing for a little bit :P)

Again, the website is a WIP, and will look different in the future

Edited by Twijn, 13 November 2016 - 01:12 AM.

#6 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:28 AM

View PostTwijn, on 13 November 2016 - 01:09 AM, said:

Sounds interesting!

Yeah, it's not supposed to be like that... I'll fix that, although I'm not sure why it's doing it on only some computers. I'll also look into different fonts (As I was honestly thinking the same thing for a little bit :P)

For some reason, it's working on my Linux installation (same machine). Although the font looks different. I guess my Windows just refused to load the font but the stylesheet was calculated based on the actual font.

#7 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:43 AM

View PostH4X0RZ, on 13 November 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

View PostTwijn, on 13 November 2016 - 01:09 AM, said:

Sounds interesting!

For some reason, it's working on my Linux installation (same machine). Although the font looks different. I guess my Windows just refused to load the font but the stylesheet was calculated based on the actual font.

I just updated the fonts and stuff so everything should be working. Still playing with the fonts a tiny bit so if it looks bad then just wait a second and it may look better...

Edited by Twijn, 13 November 2016 - 01:49 AM.

#8 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:02 PM

REGISTRATION UPDATE
A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS is now required while registering for OnlineAPPS. Verification WILL be required!

I didn't wanna have to use emails, however some people (you know who you are) liked to create auto scripts (somehow) to create many, many accounts. xP

If your account still exists, please contact me to set up an email address. Thank you.

Edited by Twijn, 13 November 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#9 supernicejohn

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

It appears there are no + things in your programs, which causes errors everywhere... I'm not sure why it's like this or if it was copied like that or if it was the posting that did it (which it shouldn't of). It has always included + signs whenever I've posted anything there, which is odd.
Seems like it's time to move away from sublime text 2. Jokes aside I updated it shortly after (copy pasting again...) I thought it only affected the one file, not the other, so noone can actually use it as I'm not on my computer right now. I tested the program, but as I already had the api... Yeah. Doesn't matter that much cause it's not that good of a program, but that gives me an idea, reporting programs that don't work? If the site gets used frequently it might be good to quality control.

Anyway I'll reupload frame tomorrow, so people can try it out if they want, would be a shame if the first submitted program doesn't work ;p

How unfortunate that you got hit by spam, was it from this site or random bots crawling around?

#10 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:37 PM

View Postsupernicejohn, on 13 November 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

It appears there are no + things in your programs, which causes errors everywhere... I'm not sure why it's like this or if it was copied like that or if it was the posting that did it (which it shouldn't of). It has always included + signs whenever I've posted anything there, which is odd.
Seems like it's time to move away from sublime text 2. Jokes aside I updated it shortly after (copy pasting again...) I thought it only affected the one file, not the other, so noone can actually use it as I'm not on my computer right now. I tested the program, but as I already had the api... Yeah. Doesn't matter that much cause it's not that good of a program, but that gives me an idea, reporting programs that don't work? If the site gets used frequently it might be good to quality control.

Anyway I'll reupload frame tomorrow, so people can try it out if they want, would be a shame if the first submitted program doesn't work ;p

How unfortunate that you got hit by spam, was it from this site or random bots crawling around?

Not entirely sure yet, however it was somewhat easy to clean up. The API path for creating accounts requires a special key, to prevent someone from looping through creating accounts, however someone I guess abused the register page to somehow create all of the accounts. At this point it's still somewhat possible for someone to do the same thing, however they require verification and cannot post anything until they verify.

Also, reporting programs that don't work sounds like a good idea. I will probably implement that soon. What I'm working on now is the ability for users to auto-update their programs if a new version arrives by appending a string to the top of the program.

Edited by Twijn, 13 November 2016 - 11:42 PM.

#11 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:42 AM

I have like, 50 email accounts, some I don't even remember the usernames for, so this is kinda useless.
And also, how do I add my maibn email to my account

#12 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:56 AM

View PostEveryOS, on 14 November 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

I have like, 50 email accounts, some I don't even remember the usernames for, so this is kinda useless.
And also, how do I add my maibn email to my account
It has your IP set up with your account too, so you can't make more than one account on a single IP. If you have an email to verify your account, I don't care how many accounts you make, I just don't want a bot to create many accounts then create many programs under that account.

Also, I just deleted your account since you didn't have anything under it anyway. You can register again and verify the email etc.

#13 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:35 AM

Hey, looks nice so far. Is there any way for me to use an API to get a list of all programs, their categories, creator names, program names, program IDs, and suchwhat? It'd be useful for adapting this into STD-GUI.

#14 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:45 AM

View PostEldidiStroyrr, on 14 November 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

Hey, looks nice so far. Is there any way for me to use an API to get a list of all programs, their categories, creator names, program names, program IDs, and suchwhat? It'd be useful for adapting this into STD-GUI.

Basically everything that the website does, you can do. (Minus email verification and user creation :P )

Still working on the documentation but I hope to get that out soon. Note that we don't yet have categories at all, however I do have plans to add it later.

GET http://twijnweb.com/...etall.php?page= <page> (page is optional) will get all programs in a JSON format.

GET http://twijnweb.com/.../info.php?code= <program code> will get the program information (code, name, description, owner) however the actual code should still be retrieved via http://get.twijnweb.com/ <code>

GET http://twijnweb.com/...s.php?username= <username> will get a user's programs (same info as above)

Also, you can besides reading these, you can also post programs, login, edit programs, etc. if you get an authentication code from the login script.

PS if you don't have a JSON decoder, there is one existing here.

Edited by Twijn, 14 November 2016 - 03:50 AM.

#15 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:53 AM

Just so you know, your https certificate (set to expire next year, issued 11/6/16 by LetsEncrypt) is invalid.

#16 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostEveryOS, on 15 November 2016 - 12:53 AM, said:

Just so you know, your https certificate (set to expire next year, issued 11/6/16 by LetsEncrypt) is invalid.

No, it's valid. Check your certificate authority settings.

#17 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:11 AM

I haven't found a browser which doesn't accept the certificate, however I do know that it does not work in some versions of ComputerCraft.

#18 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:26 AM

View PostTwijn, on 15 November 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

I haven't found a browser which doesn't accept the certificate, however I do know that it does not work in some versions of ComputerCraft.

IIRC it's not CC's fault, it's due to outdated Java installations. The Let's Encrypt root certificate is only present in semi-recent versions of Java 8.

#19 Twijn

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:14 AM

View Postapemanzilla, on 15 November 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

IIRC it's not CC's fault, it's due to outdated Java installations. The Let's Encrypt root certificate is only present in semi-recent versions of Java 8.

Not so sure about that, unless it is based on the java version used to compile ComputerCraft.

The CC Emulator worked fine with my Command Line program, which used a https connection, however when I switched to the computer in the actual game it did went into a login loop because it kept returning nil. Switched it to http:// (and updated the APIs to not require a secured connection) and it worked fine.

The only Java version I have is Java 1.8 102

#20 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostTwijn, on 15 November 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

View Postapemanzilla, on 15 November 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

Not so sure about that, unless it is based on the java version used to compile ComputerCraft.

The CC Emulator worked fine with my Command Line program, which used a https connection, however when I switched to the computer in the actual game it did went into a login loop because it kept returning nil. Switched it to http:// (and updated the APIs to not require a secured connection) and it worked fine.

The only Java version I have is Java 1.8 102

Which emulator?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users