Jump to content




wave-amp - A fully featured music player

peripheral media utility

21 replies to this topic

#1 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

wave-amp is a fully-featured music player for ComputerCraft, powered by wave.

Features:
- Plays NBS (Note Block Studio) files
- Cool UI
- Music visualiser
- Different play modes (normal, stop, repeat, shuffle)
- Custom themes
- Flexibility through command-line arguments

Requirements:
- Either a Command Computer (all MC versions) or a MinimalPeripherals Iron Note Block (MC 1.10+)

You can get a bunch of music from the Note Block Studio website, or check out Cranium's site.
wave-amp will automatically load all .nbs files on your ComputerCraft computer.

Download:
pastebin get pAEiHKK1 wave-amp

Theme downloads:
pastebin get HYrhP1yN darktheme
pastebin get EP0vBAa5 redtheme

Command line arguments:
Spoiler

Keyboard bindings:
Spoiler

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Custom themes:
Spoiler

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 10 May 2017 - 09:33 PM.


#2 Checco2212

  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Europe

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

As always, nice work!
Test time soon ;)

#3 Bomb Bloke

    Hobbyist Coder

  • Moderators
  • 7,043 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

The visualiser's pretty cool. :)

This command might be useful for those who want some pre-packaged songs:

pastebin run cUYTGbpb get CYRmLz78 Songs


#4 Incinirate

  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationDanktown, Memeland

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

Absolutely beautiful!
Great work, works flawlessly.

#5 Pyuu

  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:33 AM

Really good looking program. Unfortunately I can't test it as I can't run Minecraft on my PC. I wish there was a youtube video so I could hear how well the audio plays (haven't experimented with the iron note block much).

The visualization looks really neat! I have a basic question though: How many channels (or instruments) can be played by the program?

#6 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the responses :D

View PostBomb Bloke, on 18 December 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

The visualiser's pretty cool. :)

This command might be useful for those who want some pre-packaged songs:

pastebin run cUYTGbpb get CYRmLz78 Songs
That's indeed very useful, thanks!

View PostPyuu, on 19 December 2016 - 03:33 AM, said:

Really good looking program. Unfortunately I can't test it as I can't run Minecraft on my PC. I wish there was a youtube video so I could hear how well the audio plays (haven't experimented with the iron note block much).

The visualization looks really neat! I have a basic question though: How many channels (or instruments) can be played by the program?
It can play 5 different instruments, and there's no limit on the amount of notes/channels.

Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 19 December 2016 - 09:51 PM.


#7 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:05 PM


A little showcase if your PC can't run Minecraft :P

#8 bartar46

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:59 AM

When I try to run the program it just says no tracks found. Any ideas?

#9 Bomb Bloke

    Hobbyist Coder

  • Moderators
  • 7,043 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

Put some tracks on the computer?

#10 Pyuu

  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 19 December 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

A little showcase if your PC can't run Minecraft :P

This is really neat! Glad to hear how well it plays. I noticed that the bars correlate to which instrument is being played. The only problems seem to happen on higher BPM (where notable lag with playing the audio starts happening. like at 1:26 of the video)

Thanks for the video btw.

#11 Sewbacca

  • Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationStar Wars

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Looks really nice!
I tested it with BBs playlist (Thanks!), but i got the impression, that sometimes notes doesn't appear in the same rythm, maybe because the computer is overhelmed with draw instructions?
However, you did a really good job! Specially i like your visualizer.

Edited by Sewbacca, 04 March 2017 - 07:20 PM.


#12 AyScorch

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

Can't find tracks when I have songs
Any fix? :huh:

#13 MrObsidy

  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHesse, Germaneh

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

window:94: Arguments must be the same length

Doesn't work for me, and yes, I am on a command computer.

#14 Anavrins

  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostMrObsidy, on 19 April 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

window:94: Arguments must be the same length

Doesn't work for me, and yes, I am on a command computer.
This mostly comes from missing graphics that CC versions prior to 1.75 doesn't have, use a newer CC version if possible.

#15 Larry84

  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostAnavrins, on 19 April 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostMrObsidy, on 19 April 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

window:94: Arguments must be the same length

Doesn't work for me, and yes, I am on a command computer.
This mostly comes from missing graphics that CC versions prior to 1.75 doesn't have, use a newer CC version if possible.

I have the same problem, and I'm running CC 1.75. Any ideas? :(

#16 Anavrins

  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostLarry84, on 26 April 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

I have the same problem, and I'm running CC 1.75. Any ideas? :(/>
Shoot, meant 1.76, unfortunately no version of MC1.7.10 has this fixed.
If I can make a suggestion to the dev, it would be to detect whether to print special characters or not with fixwindow = _G._HOST == nil to add compatibility with older CC version.
Edit: Looks like it's already that way, but is still not working for some reason...

Edited by Anavrins, 26 April 2017 - 10:19 PM.


#17 Bomb Bloke

    Hobbyist Coder

  • Moderators
  • 7,043 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

A workaround should be to stick this at the top of the code:

term.redirect( term.native() )


#18 Larry84

  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 27 April 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

A workaround should be to stick this at the top of the code:

term.redirect( term.native() )
Thanks BB, that worked, though with some graphical bugs I'm ok with.

EDIT:
I've modified the program so that it uses - instead of those nice lines ( :( ) But now also the progression bar works! :P

Edited by Larry84, 27 April 2017 - 07:21 AM.


#19 Cranium

    Ninja Scripter

  • Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

I've got a bunch of songs that I'd like to try out. I've previously used BombBlokes NOTE program, and I'd like to see how well this works out.

#20 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostCranium, on 02 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

I've got a bunch of songs that I'd like to try out. I've previously used BombBlokes NOTE program, and I'd like to see how well this works out.
Whoa, that's a really nice selection!
I'll add the link to the topic post :D
I also apologise for the broken CC1.75- compatibility, I probably missed checking for the version when drawing one or two special characters.
Will make a fix soon.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users