Chroot jail for CraftOS 1.7

2 replies to this topic

#1 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I posted anything here, but this is something many people (especially those who recently came up with Linux imitating OS) would be interested in. This is chroot jail working on CraftOS 1.7 (tested on minecraft 1.7.10).

What is chroot? It basically is an utility from unix which allows to have a separate system inside existing operating system (like a sandbox). It does not allow to run windows on linux, but instead allows to run a program almost completely separated from the main system. This is great if you do not want to worry about the program ruining your system.

Download (github must be whitelisted): pastebin run GWWCYEDH
Git repository: https://github.com/G.../systemc-nspawn

The code is licensed under MIT license, just like the original code written by Lymia Aluysia. This code has been updated to work on CraftOS 1.7. Credit goes to him/her for writing the original code.

Soon I will update this with more content, this will potentially become much bigger than just chroot.

#2 Piorjade

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Germany

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostGreenByteSoftware, on 20 December 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I posted anything here, but this is something many people (especially those who recently came up with Linux imitating OS) would be interested in. This is chroot jail working on CraftOS 1.7 (tested on minecraft 1.7.10).

What is chroot? It basically is an utility from unix which allows to have a separate system inside existing operating system (like a sandbox). It does not allow to run windows on linux, but instead allows to run a program almost completely separated from the main system. This is great if you do not want to worry about the program ruining your system.

Download (github must be whitelisted): pastebin run GWWCYEDH
Git repository: https://github.com/G.../systemc-nspawn

The code is licensed under MIT license, just like the original code written by Lymia Aluysia. This code has been updated to work on CraftOS 1.7. Credit goes to him/her for writing the original code.

Soon I will update this with more content, this will potentially become much bigger than just chroot.

I kinda know what chroot is. But isn't that idea more expandable? Like creating a "VirtualBox-Clone" for example....
Man I need to experiment with that idea..

Anyways, very nice :)

#3 GreenByteSoftware

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:34 AM

New update, fixed bit API not being in chroot. Just re-run the bootstrapper and it should work just fine. Also, re-copy the bios.lua to rom folder of your chroot to fix bit32 API part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users