[MC 1.8.9][CCTweaks] CCGit

5 replies to this topic

#1 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 2,634 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Ever wanted to be able to push and pull your work from github? Of course you have! And now you can!!
CCGit is an addon to computercraft (or rather, CCTweaks...) that adds several basic git functions. These include the ability to clone, push, pull, and commit to a real git repository!
Known Bugs:
A java exception is thrown by JGit when adding credentials. No idea what's causing it.
None!
Installation:
Download from github, place in mods folder. Requires CCTweaks and ComputerCraft, versions linked in release on github.
Usage:
If you are familiar with Git, you probably know how to use this. Documentation right now is pretty sparse, I will eventually write more. Currently I support the following:
Spoiler

Edited by KingofGamesYami, 23 December 2016 - 10:39 PM.

#2 Lupus590

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

I can imagine this being very useful for development in a multiplayer environment. +1 for you!

I won't be using it however as I do a lot of my development locally.

I would consider this a must have for developing big projects in multiplayer though.

#3 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

It appears the recent forum migration ate my post; v1.1 fixes the exception thrown by JGit during authentication.

#4 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

Would it be possible to add a function like getDirectories or something? Someone could actually create a git client with this.
Does it throw an error if the credentials is wrong? I mean when the function setCredentials is called.

#5 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

What would getDirectories do? Just list the repositories? If that's what it does, that can would be easier to implement in Lua, just search for .git folders. I'd love it if someone made a git client, even better would be integration with an editor.

No, setCredentials will not. However, if you need valid credentials for a function, that will error telling you credentials are incorrect.

#6 Sewbacca

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationStar Wars

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

I doesn't use GitHub so often, but it seems good for pushing crash reports. Good job dude!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users