utility

3 replies to this topic

#1 CodeAlpha42

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:26 PM

Alpha Cloud

Hello everybody ! I'm here to introduce my first program I post on this forum : Alpha Cloud (yeah, "Alpha" because my name is Alpha. I'm proud of that name I've found. Believe me or not).

Who are you ?
I'm a french student (so don't worry about my language mistakes) and I have 16 years old. I can't survive without mathematics and physics, and I'm passionate in programming with ComputerCraft, and I've already made some programs, but I didn't posted them. In the future, I want to be an engineer in aerospace (you know, NASA, ESA and all this stuff :D)...

What is Alpha Cloud ?
Alpha Cloud is a very useful program : you can store files on a server, with a private account ! Store anything that you want !

How it works ?
To make Alpha Cloud working, you need a client and a server. On each computer, you need to put a wired/wireless modem at the top. After the installation, the server will automaticaly start and being online. It's the same way for the client : just install it and it will normally works... Don't forget to go to settings if you want to use an other port for communication between client and server ! The "config" file can be found at : "/data/config".

Is it secure ?
Well, actually, it's the first version of the program, so users can test it and make useful feedbacks for me. Because it's the first version, there is actually ABSOLUTELY no security (client-side and server-side), so if you want to use it on a multiplayer map with your friends, I recommend you to be very cautious ! Don't worry, security is already a subject on which I'm working, and it will be included in the future...

Your program is nice, but it crashed :(
If you have problems with my program, comment this post and say clearly what is your problem. I will try to correct it as soon as possible :) And if you think there's some improvements to do, please tell me, and I will implement lots of new features ! :D

How I install it ?
You probably know pastebin. No ? Pastebin is a website that allow you to store files online, and CC provides an very useful API to use it. You simply have to enter in the CC shell : "pastebin run [pastebin_code]", and it will magicaly run the program corresponding to the code !

What are the codes ?
  • Alpha Cloud - Version 0.1.0

- Client installer : Lj2Rng7U

- Server installer : DnYKafyP

Where do I can see the new features for each version ?
All the changelogs about the new features/bugfixes will be after this line of text ! Come often to see what's new :)

Finally, don't hesitate about telling me I'm doing sh**, I will fix everything that you found, and also I will be reading all your comments about possible imporvements for the program :)

Thanks for reading all this post !
CodeAlpha42.

Edited by CodeAlpha42, 09 February 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#2 Neekow

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:21 AM

Ok, premier post, bien plus jeune que moi, fait un truc de tueur ... j'vais chercher une corde ;)
Je testerai à l'occaz ^^

-- translation

Ok, first post, way younger, made a huge thing ... go to take a rope ;)
Will try someday ^^

#3 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

Instead of doing peripheral.wrap("top"), use peripheral.find("modem"). It allows for the modem to be placed anywhere on the computer.

Translation from google in case it helps:

Au lieu de faire peripheral.wrap ("top"), utilisez peripheral.find ("modem"). Il permet au modem d'être placé n'importe où sur l'ordinateur.

#4 CodeAlpha42

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostCLNinja, on 01 March 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

Instead of doing peripheral.wrap("top"), use peripheral.find("modem"). It allows for the modem to be placed anywhere on the computer.

Translation from google in case it helps:

Au lieu de faire peripheral.wrap ("top"), utilisez peripheral.find ("modem"). Il permet au modem d'être placé n'importe où sur l'ordinateur.

Yeah thank you, I will implement that in the next version :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users