Jump to content




A Problem for Creative Servers that Needs Fixing!

help utility java

7 replies to this topic

#1 Dametqwerty

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hello to all!

So this post is dedicated to solving the biggest problem with creative world plot plugins.

As most of you know the latest server program to be able to run CC 1.10.2 and plugins is Sponge Forge which also uses Sponge Plugins. Now Sponge Plugins are coded diffrently from bukkit plugins. Now onto the real problem. The real problem is that the curent plots plugin which is plots2 (plots squared) is handles events wrong. So if a plot is clammed and you have a CC turtle that turtle can mine straight through other clammed plots with nothing stopping it. So is there any way for us to fix this? And if not is it possible that we could code a new one!?

I hope we can figure something out to fix the biggest problem with creative plots and CC which is griefing!

Your keyboard and thing to blame your bad gamming on!
- Dametqwerty

Also I know Lur_ was working on a fix for this. So if you are out there please give us a update.

#2 SquidDev

    Frickin' laser beams

  • Members
  • 1,417 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

I know that SwitchCraft uses GriefPrevention to great effect. It is maintained by one of the developers of Sponge and so seems to use the most up-to-date features of Sponge (and handles most, if not all, events).

Edited by SquidDev, 10 February 2017 - 06:41 PM.


#3 Dametqwerty

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

 SquidDev, on 10 February 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

I know that SwitchCraft uses GriefPrevention to great effect. It is maintained by one of the developers of Sponge and so seems to use the most up-to-date features of Sponge (and handles most, if not all, events).

Is it for plots or claming anywhere?

#4 SquidDev

    Frickin' laser beams

  • Members
  • 1,417 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

 Dametqwerty, on 10 February 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Is it for plots or claming anywhere?
It adds support for claiming land with the golden shovel. The documentation is pretty good so I recommend you have a look there too.

#5 Dametqwerty

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

 SquidDev, on 10 February 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

 Dametqwerty, on 10 February 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Is it for plots or claming anywhere?
It adds support for claiming land with the golden shovel. The documentation is pretty good so I recommend you have a look there too.

Sweet! But you wouldn't happen to know one that is for plot worlds would you?

#6 Twijn

  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:23 AM

I've never coded any sponge plugin before, so this may be incorrect, but, I don't believe that there would be any event to stop a turtle from moving into an unwanted place, unless it's one introduced by CC. Other "blocks" moving is kind of unheard of, but of course that is coming from a Bukkit developer (And I'm unaware of how different bukkit/sponge is...). I would imagine that no plugins will support this, as it's generally not a problem with what they're protecting against - stationary blocks.

It potentially could be done with a custom plugin, however I don't see any reason on why a plugin would protect against this since the movement is not normal to what they expect with Vanilla minecraft, as well as modded minecraft.

#7 SquidDev

    Frickin' laser beams

  • Members
  • 1,417 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

 Twijn, on 11 February 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

I've never coded any sponge plugin before, so this may be incorrect, but, I don't believe that there would be any event to stop a turtle from moving into an unwanted place, unless it's one introduced by CC.
Since 1.74, turtles obey some form of block protection when moving, digging and placing. This uses MinecraftServer.isBlockProtected which results in Sponge firing a ChangeBlockEvent.Pre event. It looks like PlotSquared doesn't handle this event: I recommend you request it on their issue tracker.

#8 Dametqwerty

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:51 AM

 SquidDev, on 11 February 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

 Twijn, on 11 February 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

I've never coded any sponge plugin before, so this may be incorrect, but, I don't believe that there would be any event to stop a turtle from moving into an unwanted place, unless it's one introduced by CC.
Since 1.74, turtles obey some form of block protection when moving, digging and placing. This uses MinecraftServer.isBlockProtected which results in Sponge firing a ChangeBlockEvent.Pre event. It looks like PlotSquared doesn't handle this event: I recommend you request it on their issue tracker.

And this is why I ask the pro's! Thank you for your help!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users