BigReactors control program simply prints '204,' then terminates.

help

2 replies to this topic

#1 createdormade

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

I'm writing a program called 'ReactorControlClient' that hooks up to any connected BigReactors reactors, and there's a bit of a problem. Any time I run the program, it just prints '204' and then terminates. No explanation, no error message, no "hey, you messed up," just 204. If you want to try and help me out, run 'pastebin get a6S5bEAq.' Maybe you'll be able to help me out. One thing I noticed: commenting out line 130 (the line that says 'monitor()') doesn't fix the problem, but commenting out lines 111 and 127 ('while true do' and 'end')... does? I don't understand.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

Usually when an error message appears in the form of a number only, I find that it's due to a badly coded peripheral function (though they typically have good reason to error, even if they're doing so in an incorrect manner).

Adding print statements throughout your script (temporarily) would be the first step in troubleshooting - this will allow you to narrow the problem down to the specific line which is triggering the break.

#3 createdormade

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

I fixed it.
Apparently, something was wrong with the computer's VM, and after trying to run the program I actually crashed the computer and it shut down. I rebooted the computer and it actually gave me a real error message, which I was able to fix. What even.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users