turtle command

37 replies to this topic

#1 Kepler

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:24 AM

Schematic builder for CC 1.7+

Posted Image

Builds structures using schematic files with a turtle or a command computer. Schematics can be downloaded from sites such as http://www.planetminecraft.com.

Requires openperipherals in CC 1.7 - 1.79. Plethora in later versions. Other combinations might work,

If interrupted, you can resume by placing the turtle back in the original location and restarting the program.

Quick setup
Copy a schematic file to the turtle/command computer (see downloading instructions if on a server)

Turtles must be placed on top of a chest (any type).
Command computers require a chest on any side.

pastebin run Fm3xf6Z9 builder.lua <filename>
--or if using Opus OS, just type
builder.lua <filename>

The first time you run the program, you must select a wrench. Place a wrench into the chest. Go to the supplies list and double-click the SelectAWrench item. Select the wrench and apply. EnderIO, Thermal Expansion, and Applied Energistics wrenches will work (only wrenches that can spin pistons will work).

Downloading schematics
Option 1: Use wget if the schematic is available for download.

Option 2: Transferring via pastebin
To create a base64 file from a command line, do:

linux / max:
base64 -w0 NAME.schematic > NAME.schematic.base64

windows (I haven't tried this - but google said this will work):
certutil -encode NAME.schematic NAME.schematic.base64

Upload the base64 file to pastebin.

To download and convert the base64 file back into a schematic file, do:
pastebin run Fm3xf6Z9 base64dl.lua <filename> <url> 

You can download a simple test schematic using:
pastebin run Fm3xf6Z9 base64dl.lua chicken.schematic https://pastebin.com/raw/vxpHBUky

Edited by Kepler, 26 September 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#2 marv21222324

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

I have a problem your with your program since I made the day of the Turkish program no longer takes anything in a me go I put it on an interface and on the server its worst I do not like suplie an object help me please

j'ais un probleme votre avec votre programme depuis que j'ais fais le jour du programme de la turque ne prend plus rien dans un moi allors que je la pose sur une interface et sur le serveur ses pire je n'arive maime pas a suplie un objet aider moi svp

#3 Kepler

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:31 AM

View Postmarv21222324, on 02 October 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

I have a problem your with your program since I made the day of the Turkish program no longer takes anything in a me go I put it on an interface and on the server its worst I do not like suplie an object help me please

If anyone can help with the translation, it would be appreciated.

In order to use the Applied Energistics interface, you need to have the open peripherals mod.

If you don't have open peripherals, you can only use a chest - this requires the plethora mod.

Try using a chest instead of an interface to see if this works or not.

Can you supply:

Minecraftt version = ?
Computercraft version = ?
Open peripherals installed (Y/N) ?
Plethora installed (Y/N) ?

#4 marv21222324

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

help me https://www.youtube....h?v=h9s4gPkQPho

#5 Kepler

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

marv21222324, on 04 October 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

This should fix the 1.7 issues:
pastebin run sj4VMVJj automatic

Then re-run the program. Let me know if you still have problems.

#6 chumprock

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Downloading schematics
Option 1: Use wget if the schematic is available for download.

I'm familiar with wget and other file transfer techniques outside of minecraft, but have no idea how to use it with cc? Is it a downloadable program, or added in a specific version?

Gonna give the conversion a try on windows..

#7 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

wget was added in ComputerCraft 1.77.

#8 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:58 AM

... but for the purposes of schematic files, quite useless prior to CC1.80, as that's where binary-mode web handles become available. Prior to that, if you want to transfer non-ASCII data to a CC system using the internet, you'll need to re-encode to something like base64.

#9 chumprock

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

Bomb Bloke, on 16 December 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

... but for the purposes of schematic files, quite useless prior to CC1.80, as that's where binary-mode web handles become available. Prior to that, if you want to transfer non-ASCII data to a CC system using the internet, you'll need to re-encode to something like base64.

Yeah.. I'm running 1.75 and there's no wget to use. Tried a few workarounds like std and every schematic I get I can view in mcedit, but not open with builder.
My attempts at encoding throw an error as well, so I think I'll just go build the damn thing by hand and re-visit this when the server finally moves to a newer version.

Also, the biggest online collection of schematics is behind a login, so you cant wget those anyway without re-uploading them somewhere else first.

Love the idea though, hope I can try it someday.

#10 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

Another method of transferring the files is to manually copy them into the world save of a single-player world (which is a good opportunity to make sure they work the way you want them to), then use BBPack to upload them to pastebin, from which they can then be downloaded to whatever server it is you want to use them on.

#11 Kepler

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:09 AM

I usually use the base64 + pastebin method described in the OP. If you are downloading from planetmincraft, you can find the direct link in the html source (view source). Just search for 'schematic' in the page source to find the URL.

#12 chumprock

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.. my base64 conversions didnt work either. As someone who is used to "just figuring it out", this has become something of a puzzle I need to solve at this point.

so first... I guess I'll see if I can get the suggested steps working with the Base64 encode/decode. I've tried it with the windows example above, as well as a couple third-party encoders. The encoded file looks fine and there were no errors generated.
I uploaded the contents to pastebin, then tried to run it and receive the following:

base64.lua:65: Expected number, number

But I can download and build the chicken example in the original post. Please let me know if I'm making any obvious mistakes, or if there's any logging or info I can look at to decipher what isn't working.

Thanks for the help!

#13 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

I suspect it'd be a lot easier to comment on what might be going wrong if you provided the link to your uploaded base64 data.

#14 Kepler

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

Can you provide the URL of the source schematic you are trying to build? I can convert and upload the pastebin for you.

#15 Backspace

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:04 AM

Hey everyone, so i love this mod and i was able to get the chicken to work. But im haveing a lot of trouble creating my own .schematics.

Im running CC1.7.5 and minecraft 1.7.10

My biggest issue is how do i create a file that the schematic builder will accept? I have been trying now for the past 3 hours to figure it out. I downloaded and made a simple cube in MCEdit, which saves as an NBT file but then i cant seem to get it into the format the program likes.

Right now i have a file called TestBuild.nbt, what do i need to do from here to get my little turtle building.

Thank you again, this is an awesome program an i really hope i can get it to work, thank you.

#16 ole22143

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

you have to remove all enter keys in the base64 otherwhise it will not work

#17 atithaoss

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

Hello I am wondering if this works on MC 1.12 and the latest plethora peripherals.
I tried it with a chest below a turtle but when I run builder with the chicken schematic i receive this
Loading schematic
Substituting blocks
builder.lua:1933: attempt to compare number with string

Can I fix it?
Thanks in advance

Edited by atithaoss, 09 March 2018 - 06:54 AM.

#18 Kepler

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

View Postatithaoss, on 09 March 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

Hello I am wondering if this works on MC 1.12 and the latest plethora peripherals.
I tried it with a chest below a turtle but when I run builder with the chicken schematic i receive this
Loading schematic
Substituting blocks
builder.lua:1933: attempt to compare number with string

Can I fix it?
Thanks in advance

I believe you have fuel disabled on your server which I've not supported yet. Can you try with setting fuel back to the standard setting? Thanks - I'll add unlimited fuel in future versions.

#19 atithaoss

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

You have absolutely right.
Now it is working perfectly.

#20 JacobF

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

So I tried using the program through a opus install and the turtle goes out places one block and errors out. With this message on the screen:

1 minecraft:concrete:15 (x:0,z:1:y:0)
event. lua :47:
util.lua:384: Unable to open
usr/builder/pantheon.progress

The turtle has fuel, a crescent hammer, and a piston and blocks to begin and a chest below his starting position. Here is the schematic in that I am trying to build.
https://www.planetmi.../#tab_schemagic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users