Relaxation Program

computer utility peripheral

3 replies to this topic

#1 RaiuPlays

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

I'm someone who suffers from anxiety attacks on a somewhat regular basis. As I was looking up ways to relax myself, I stumbled upon some generic instructions about breathing in, breathing out; basically meditation. Usually I don't really care for that method, but then I thought that maybe if I had a way to know exactly when to stop breathing in and start breathing out, it would help, and I was right. I think the evenness and consistency of my breathing is what helps the meditation work a lot better.

I made a program that interacts with a note block to give you audio cues and instructions for a breathing practice to help relax yourself. The instructions are pretty generic and the program is really simple, but I've found it to help me a lot more than I expected, (considering meditation doesn't usually work for me) so I want to share it and hopefully help others and give them a method for relaxing or calming themselves down.
The program can be found here: pastebin get ekGnvJZS relax

The instructions for using the program are directly within the program, but here's a screenshot if you prefer it:
Posted Image

I don't know if this would be actually helpful to anyone, but I figured it's better to share and try to help others in the same position as me than to just keep it to myself.
Also don't know what categories or tags to put this under, but I picked the best ones I could.

#2 Dave-ee Jones

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVan Diemen's Land

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

Interesting, I also have problems with anxiety sometimes and I know breathing in and out over longer periods of time can help, especially since you breathe so short and quick when you're anxious or nervous. I wouldn't call breathing more heavily and longer meditation though, but that's just me.

Nice work!

#3 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:33 AM

I get really stressed with English assignments. Just reading that text in the screenshot made me feel relaxed. What sorcery is this. Take my upvote.

#4 RaiuPlays

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:48 AM

View PostEldidiStroyrr, on 30 September 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

I get really stressed with English assignments. Just reading that text in the screenshot made me feel relaxed. What sorcery is this. Take my upvote.
Yeah, the directions themselves are good on their own; it's nothing original, just something I found with a quick google search. Since I'm bad at timing in my head, I figured the the audio queues would help. But I'm glad I was able to help you in one way or another. :)

View PostDave-ee Jones, on 26 September 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

Interesting, I also have problems with anxiety sometimes and I know breathing in and out over longer periods of time can help, especially since you breathe so short and quick when you're anxious or nervous. I wouldn't call breathing more heavily and longer meditation though, but that's just me.

Nice work!
Maybe "meditation" wasn't exactly the right word for it. I just used that word to say that sort of thing - sitting and doing nothing except breathing with my eyes closed or something like that - doesn't normally help, but with this it did for the first time.
Thanks. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users