Computer Wide Encryption / Decryption

utility lua

1 reply to this topic

#1 NathanAdhitya

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Okay, so, I have been fiddling a lot with my way of encrypting *files* so server owners can't just grab it :P
So, Here's what I came up with:

https://pastebin.com/asNzBFr9

Just download it, and put it in a file, you can do startup, you can do anything else.

So far, it seems to be working, I have no trouble with it yet, but if you find one, or you would like to make the security stronger, let me know.

The encryption file whitelists its own file, rom, and disks from being encrypted and decrypted (you can modify it if you want)

You have all rights to modify the code to your needs...

So, currently, there may be a couple of bugs, but there's a couple of requirements to get it up and working..
- Key / Password should be no longer than.... 100 chars? Or well, you can if you wanted to, but I'm not responsible for any performance issues.
- Key / Password may only contain a-z, 0-9, A-Z, and symbols on your keyboard. or tl;dr for experienced users: max string.byte for that char must be under 128. (0-127)
- I have not made a migration system to migrate from old stuff yet.

Feel free to help me test it and enhance its security :P

Edited by NathanAdhitya, 11 October 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#2 NathanAdhitya

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Ehm, so ifound out that, it can't handle things like readLine, read, so i suppose i might have to rewrite the whole system, but for now, you all can analyse it, for other usages, like rednet, modems, and other data transfers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users