Solar OS(Previously Cactus OS) -Made by Cactus Inc.

computer

27 replies to this topic

#21 Windows10User

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationC:\Minecraft\saves\stuff\computer

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

P.S. You can join by going onto github, and you should be able to login, and look at your notifications. You should have a join request there...

A'ight, I'm in. Also, I can make you an e-mail client if you want.

Edited by Windows10User, 23 August 2018 - 02:34 PM.

#22 Cdez

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAt my Computer.

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:28 AM

If any of you could help with any of these things, that would be great. I would like to have a login system, a GUI, and a game put in within the next few updates, or so. I’m working on adding commands to the command prompt, and testing the whole thing out. Everything is getting a rework eventually, and if you could help, that would be great.

#23 Windows10User

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:38 AM

Excellent because I already have a scripted API just for GUIs!

P. S. No matter how good your OS is, it just won't succeed if there are no apps for it. So, you have to make it easy to develop apps for it so people do so and make Solarium a success.

2nd P. S. I am already working on an e-mail client & server, so if you want I can include mine when it's done.

Edited by Windows10User, 24 August 2018 - 07:42 AM.

#24 Cdez

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:48 PM

Yes, I agree. I think that in the next update, I will try to include at least on each game, or something that increases the interesting factor. I have been working on commands in the command prompt, which should be done by tonight, maybe tomorrow. I will hopefully post Solar OS Solarium, to GitHub. I have also a few left things to do, like add in the PasteUpdate API do that I can have automatic updating on Solar OS, which is what the loading screen will incorporate. I hope that the update with everything new, goes out tonight and is bug free. As well, I will post the changelog in the Readme, and on here, in my base page. Thank you for helping out. I appreciate it much.

#25 Cdez

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:45 PM

Sorry, the update didn't get posted, or complete, as a thunderstorm had knocked out power for the rest of the night... So, hopefully, the update will get complete as of tomorrow, or tonight depending on how the testing goes...

Edited by Cdez, 25 August 2018 - 11:45 PM.

#26 Windows10User

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostCdez, on 25 August 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

Sorry, the update didn't get posted, or complete, as a thunderstorm had knocked out power for the rest of the night... So, hopefully, the update will get complete as of tomorrow, or tonight depending on how the testing goes...

I can test Solarium once you issue a usable copy of it.

#27 Cdez

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

In response to Windows10user, on GitHub, there should be a copy of Solarium 1.3.9 waiting, keep in mind this is just a beta, and doesn’t have all of the planned features and such. (Solarium is usable though.)

If anyone has any idea on how to integrate the PasteUpdate API on startup, that would be much appreciated. I have no idea what to do for an auto updating function, but I would like to initgrate one, and have it in the startup. Just so that when I update the GitHub, it can be pushed to computers.

Edited by Cdez, 27 August 2018 - 02:40 PM.

#28 Saldor010

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe United States

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

If you go into the word program and press control to attempt to exit, the menu will pop up and then disappear instantly, leaving you no way to escape unless you reboot. The mail client will error once you attempt to send an email if you haven't placed a modem on your computer (mailclient:187: No such modem: left). If you go to the shell and type "back" to go back to the operating system, the shell tells you there is no such program. If you use send file it errors with no modem found, if you use get file it errors with bios.lua:14: [string "getfile"]:30: '=' expected.

This was all done on the most recent version (1.3.9). These all feel like bugs that should've been caught pretty early in testing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users