CCDrop 2 - Full Directory and File Transfer [v0.1.0-alpha.1]

computer wireless utility

3 replies to this topic

Poll: CCDrop Development Questions

When CCDrop attempts to save a file where one already exists, it should:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOrewa, New Zealand

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:57 AM

TL;DR: CCDrop is a peer-to-peer file transfer program, install instructions at the bottom of this post.

CCDrop (2)
CCDrop 2, the successor to CCDrop, aims to provide a much more pleasing experience. This is a side-project at most, so it's not flawless (and is not finished); regardless I thought I'd release it to help catch bugs and get some feedback, rather than leaving it to gather dust.

Powered by Titanium, and Plexus (another side-project), CCDrop allows you to pick the files you would like to send to another client (wirelessly; within range of course) relatively painlessly. The other client must accept the connection request, however.

More features are planned, but I'd love to hear your constructive thoughts! Let me know what you'd like to see.

Got a bug or a suggestion/request? I'd rather you post it on GitLab if you can, rather than on this forum post; makes it much easier to track. Be sure to avoid repeat issues if you can, best to search for an issue matching yours before posting.

Screenshots
Posted Image

What happens in this GIF?
- Shows the 'transfer' file on the first PC (sender), and shows missing file on the second PC (receiver)
- Starts CCDrop on both clients
- Starts file transfer on first PC
- Accepts file transfer, and shows that 'transfer' now exists (and content matches).

Install
CCDrop is made easily available via the Titanium Package Manager. Running this command will quickly install CCDrop to 'ccdrop' in your computer.

pastebin run 5B9k1jZg
tpm install CCDrop --dest ccdrop

If you get a 'file not found' error, you likely pressed 'n' while installed, meaning you didn't patch your startup file. Either:
- Run /.tpm/bin/tpm patch, reboot and retry the command -- be sure to press 'y' where prompted during patch.
- or, install CCDrop using /.tpm/bin/tpm install CCDrop --dest ccdrop

Then, run 'ccdrop' and wait a little while. The first launch will take much longer than subsequent launches because the dependencies (Titanium and Plexus) will be downloaded.

Edited by hbomb79, 28 October 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#2 NathaanTFM

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Awesome User Interface! animations look nice!

#3 hbomb79

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOrewa, New Zealand

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostNathaanTFM, on 22 October 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Awesome User Interface! animations look nice!

Thank you. Titanium makes animations super simple, and Plexus completely removes the need to create a specialized file picker for CCDrop.

#4 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:39 PM

In reguards to your pool ideally you'd want it to produce a message combining all 4 and ideally for each file separately. That way the user can chose between abort, skip, overwrite and rename on a case by case basis. Not sure how doable that is in the context of your work though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users