Just wanted to share this

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jummit

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationJulfander Squad Studio

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

I played minecraft from the first version till now, and i don't feel the same I did when the updates were frequent and had big changes in them.
Here is a video I found that describes my thoughts: The future of minecraft
And another one: #makeminecraftgreatagain

What do you think? Do you think the last updates were updates that were needed and did enhance the game?
#makeminecraftgreatagian

Edited by Jummit, 02 November 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#2 Dave-ee Jones

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVan Diemen's Land

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Do we really want to make MC great again though? It is a contemptuous game that promotes 12 year old behaviour.. :P

#3 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:04 AM

I feel like the game was at its best at 1.6.4, before all those bullshit adventure game elements started seeping in. 1.7.10 is good too, but 1.8 just had too many.

A murderous rage fills me at the thought of Minecraft "Java Edition".

#4 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostJummit, on 02 November 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

Here is a video I found that describes my thoughts: The future of minecraft

While I agree that Minecraft updates aren't what they used to be, I disagree about what they need to be. This guy wants specific types of content, and I would want anything but. If Mojang adds dragons to the game, for example, then that plays havoc with all the dragon mods out there, not to mention all the techworld mods.

I'd rather the developers provide a blank slate with opportunities to build upon, not a pre-made world that's harder to customise. More biomes and dimensions and performance, please, if anything: really I'd rather they just stopped updating so's we didn't have to worry about Forge compatibility. But I realise that wouldn't attract the ten people in the world who don't own Minecraft yet, and hence isn't likely to happen.

Paid DLC is also a really bad idea in my book. Putting aside that alpha buyers such as myself own "all future versions of the game, including all expansions and addons" already, it'd be pretty difficult to compete with what's available through Forge already.

Really the updates are all about making the game appear to be "still alive". I'd imagine all the money is in the merchandising these days.

View PostJummit, on 02 November 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

And another one: #makeminecraftgreatagain

This guy starts off complaining about the community (as opposed to the game), and then moves on to blame Microsoft for Realms (despite the buyout occurring like a year after their announcement).

The EULA thing was actually the straw that broke the camel's back and got Notch to finally sell. People were running pay-to-win servers where they were selling Mojang's content (eg diamonds) for their own profit; this was never "allowed", but one day Mojang decided to start enforcement against such practises. Sale of cosmetics would still be allowed (eg hats, anything but capes basically), sale of boosters wouldn't.

The offending server owners flipped their lids and all the little kiddies, most of whom had little idea about what was actually going on, started venting on the internet. Notch had been ill at the time and came back to find yet another inbox filled with hate and threats. Guy quite reasonably decided enough was enough and bailed out.

#5 bitcohen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

The game is good enough as it is and yes we should recieve better updates but theres something you are forgetting about; the community. Minecraft is filled with a lot of amazing mods and modpacks for you to play and there is also custom maps for you to play. Minecraft is nothing without it's amazing community. But who am I to judge I hear the new 1.14 update is changing the ocean so why not?
Cheers, bitcohen

Edited by bitcohen, 28 February 2018 - 10:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users