[MC1.12][Fork] CC: Tweaked

70 replies to this topic

#61 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:13 PM

It's been another six months since I touched my website, which means it must be time for another blog post! I thought it would be fun (for me, probably not for you) to write about some of the changes made to CC's internals in the previous and next CC:T versions. I'm afraid it's rather long, and rather dense - there's not very many things you can take images when discussing internals.

One thing I would like to highlight though is this issue about documentation. I'd really like to rethink how CC's APIs are documented, in an effort to keep up-to-date. I've put together a little (massive) proposal, but I may be over-complicating things. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or just feel like it, do comment!

On a side note, we just smashed past 450k downloads, largely due to our inclusion within the FTB Ultimate Reloaded pack. Obviously the vast majority of people aren't actually using CC:T at all, but it's definitely nice to see some mainstream packs adopting it.

Edited by SquidDev, 09 March 2019 - 02:55 PM.

#62 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

FTP lol. You've got downloads on the brain. ;)

Long since past time that CC:T made it into a mainstream pack, though.

#63 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:36 PM

I've just pushed another release of CC:Tweaked to CurseForge, with the ever-exciting version number of 1.82.0. What's more exciting is the changelog though. It's a bit unwieldy, so I'm only going to go through the hightlights rather than milking it like I normally do. You can always read the whole thing if you like.

Firstly, may thanks to the people who have contributed to this release: absolument, Ale32Bit, daelvn, nothjarnan, hydraz, Luca0208 and WIlma456. If people have suggestions, ideas or code, please do contribute. I'd also recommend keeping an eye on the issue tracker, as there's always things I'd like feedback on.
  • Computers may be preemptively interrupted if they run for a long time. This shouldn't result in any noticeable change in behaviour, but means badly/malicious computers have less of an impact on other computers.
  • Computers are limited to how much server time they can use each tick, hopefully reducing the impact a computer can have on a server's TPS. This may cause issues if you were queuing a lot of tasks (say, lots of calls to commands.execAsync). If you encounter issues, please let me know.
  • Massively improve JEI integration. You can now get the recipe and usage of any upgraded turtle or pocket computer. On a related note, JEI will now label upgraded turtles/pocket computers as belonging to whatever mod which registered its upgrade.
  • MCMultipart support for wireless and ender modems. This is dubiously useful, but now means you can decorate modems with Chisel and Bits.
  • Several improvements to pastebin, including detection for when you trigger the spam protection mechanism and handling of running pastebin get with a URL instead.
As you may be able to tell, there's been a lot of under-the-hood changes again this release. While everything has been pretty well tested, I'm sure some things have slipped through the hoop. Please file a bug if you if you find anything suspect!

Edited by SquidDev, 02 April 2019 - 08:38 PM.

#64 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

It's Friday, it's Five to Five, and it's Crackerjack CC:Tweaked release time! I'm afraid CC:Tweaked 1.83.0 hasn't got any especially exciting changes, just a few QoL improvements to CraftOS and CC:Tweaked.

Many thanks to XuyuEre, hydraz and JakobDev (aka Wilma456) for their contributions this release! I won't go over every change, but here's a couple of highlights:
  • Add os.date, and handle passing datetime tables to os.time, making them largely compatible with PUC Lua.
  • rm and mkdir accept multiple arguments. (hydraz, JakobDev)
  • Rework rendering of in-hand pocket computers, making them closer to computer GUIs than the pocket computer item.
  • Prevent rendering of a bounding box on a monitor's screen.
  • Clean up the Lua type-checking code, shifting it into a helper method. As a result, error messages now include the function name where known (for instance, sleep(false) will error with "bad argument #1 to 'sleep' (expected number, got boolean)"). Hopefully this makes it even easier to work out what's going wrong!
On a side note, if you're on Windows 10, you might be interested in CC:Tweaked (Bedrock Edition). It's a silly little port I did of computers to the new addon system Mojang and Microsoft are working on. It's very slow and largely unusable, but kinda cool none-the-less.

Edited by SquidDev, 24 June 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#65 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:45 AM

Just a small note to say that I've updated CC:Tweaked to run on Minecraft Forge for 1.14.2. Both Forge and CC:T are in early days of updating, so I'm sure there's plenty of bugs, but it seems pretty stable so far.

#66 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:09 AM

Just done another update to Minecraft 1.14.3. No major changes, just lots of bug fixes - thank you to everyone's who has helped test and reported things!

#67 blunty666

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:39 PM

Hey SquidDev, you're doing great work keeping CC alive, it's really appreciated!

I've not been able to get on to the new computercraft.cc wiki / forum for a few days? Is it down at the moment?

#68 Lupus590

• Members
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

It is down at the moment, it's the same outage that hit switch craft a while ago(which switch craft is still recovering from, not 100% yet). You can keep yourself updated on the switch craft discord https://discordapp.c...850498060484611

Edited by Lupus590, 05 July 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#69 blunty666

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostLupus590, on 05 July 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

It is down at the moment, it's the same outage that hit switch craft a while ago(which switch craft is still recovering from, not 100% yet). You can keep yourself updated on the switch craft discord https://discordapp.c...850498060484611
Ah ok thanks, will keep an eye out there for updates!

#70 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Just pushed CC:Tweaked 1.84.0, which fixes a fair few bugs, and adds a couple of minor new features:

Changelog (full changelog on GitHub)
  • Improve validation in rename, copy and delete programs
  • Add window.getLine - the inverse of blit
  • turtle.refuel no longer consumes more fuel than needed
  • Add "cc.expect" module, for improved argument type checks
  • Mount the ROM from all mod jars, not just CC's
Many thanks to JakobDev, Lignum, LiquidObsidian and powerboat9 for their contributions this month. As always, please do check out the list of active pull requests (and issues) to have a say in the upcoming changes to the mod!

#71 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:35 PM

I've made another CC: Tweaked release: 1.85.0. This contains a couple of minor improvements and a fair few bug fixes.

Changelog (see full 1.12.2/1.14.4 changelog)
  • Window.reposition now allows changing the redirect buffer
  • Add cc.completion and cc.shell.completion modules
  • Fix several turtles' GUIs desyncing after moving.
Just as a bit of a status update for people, I'm entering the last year if university right now, and so have substantially less time and energy to spend on CC-related projects than I might like. This doesn't mean development will stop, but sadly both new features and bug fixes will be slower to materialise. As always, if people want to help out - either with the mod itself, or any related projects/tooling, that would be very much appreciated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users