SASBeta

What is SAS?
SAS is a program which has a client,
and a server. The user (on the client)
inputs the password, and the server
checks if it's the same as the one it has
stored. If it is correct, the server tells the client that it is
correct. Then, you can put any code in the access allowed
(e.g. open doors, or just simply allow access to the computer.)
Read me before downloading
DO NOT! put any confidential information in passwords. There
is only Ctrl+T
protection on the client. This means if someone can get to
your server, they can see the password.
Download
Server:
pastebin get q52DWUgN sas-server
Client:
pastebin get 3C37zJ8s sas-client
How to get it up and running
I'm assuming by now you have downloaded the client and server,
and put them on different computers, each with a modem. Well,
here's how to get it up and running.
On the client computer, edit the file
sas-client and add the line rednet.open() at the start.
On the client computer, edit the file
sas-client and change the server ID to the ID of the
server computer.
On the server computer, edit the file
sas-server and change the pass to your desired password. DO NOT use any of
your real passwords.
On the client computer, run
sas-client.
On the server computer, run
sas-server.
And that's it! If you have any problems or suggestions, please tell me.

Edited by Lua, 19 November 2017 - 06:12 AM.

#2 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

May I suggest using some form of encryption so that it is not possible for me to listen for all rednet messages and extract the password from the conversation between client and server?

#3 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 18 November 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

May I suggest using some form of encryption so that it is not possible for me to listen for all rednet messages and extract the password from the conversation between client and server?
At least make it not plaintext lol.

#4 Zecradox

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Locationwhy do you want to know

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:50 AM

This is my first actual program. I know that this isn't the most secure thing ever.

#5 Saldor010

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe United States

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

So long as it isn't in plain text, any information sent back and forth is (pretty much) secure. Only the most determined people would actually attempt to break encryption on a CC program.

This does NOT mean you're safe to use your actual passwords though. That's just a bad idea waiting to happen.

#6 Dave-ee Jones

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVan Diemen's Land

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:12 AM

Doesn't help anything when you can just copy the hash and send it to the server..

View PostSaldor010, on 19 November 2017 - 01:46 AM, said:

So long as it isn't in plain text, any information sent back and forth is (pretty much) secure. Only the most determined people would actually attempt to break encryption on a CC program.

This does NOT mean you're safe to use your actual passwords though. That's just a bad idea waiting to happen.

You guys forget that he's probably the only one on his MC world (unless it's a server, which would be very unideal to create a program in - you guys know how laggy it is, I'm sure). There's not that much point adding encryption. You might say there's not much point having a login system. I know I find them fun to make, but can you PLEASE, just for goodness' sake, stop saying "uhh, doode, it's not encrypted. get that rubbish out of here" and be positive about what others have created? Seriously. First 3 posts (leaving out the reply on your guys' rude posts) on a newly created program is complaining about lack of encryption. What kind of community are you guys part of?

Anyway, back on topic..

I think it's pretty good. Maybe screenshots though, so others don't have to download it to see what it's like. Also, it's not quite user-friendly for others to have to make a few changes to the program before they can actually use it. Maybe you can make use of the peripheral API to search for a modem and open it? That would be pretty neat!

#7 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:41 AM

Yeah ok, that wasn't exactly my best post. I just have a thing against false claims - the "Secure" in the title, in this case. Sure, I don't expect him to actually have encryption for this, at least not for a while, but it doesn't seem right to claim something is secure when it clearly is not. I would be quite happy if that was simply removed from the name instead of the program being made secure.

I apologize for my earlier response, I certainly didn't mean for it to be interpreted that way.

#8 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

View PostDave-ee Jones, on 23 November 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

You guys forget that he's probably the only one on his MC world (unless it's a server, which would be very unideal to create a program in - you guys know how laggy it is, I'm sure). There's not that much point adding encryption. You might say there's not much point having a login system. I know I find them fun to make, but can you PLEASE, just for goodness' sake, stop saying "uhh, doode, it's not encrypted. get that rubbish out of here" and be positive about what others have created? Seriously. First 3 posts (leaving out the reply on your guys' rude posts) on a newly created program is complaining about lack of encryption. What kind of community are you guys part of?
Alright, I personally found nothing wrong with A) What I said and B) What anyone else said. Its good practice whether or not HE is on a server to include security in programs, seeing as when most people are going to use a SERVER is when MULTIPLE people will be accessing it, which means multiplayer. I know whenever i make programs, i make it practical for multiplayer use usually.

Also, no one said anything like "uhh, doode, it's not encrypted. get that rubbish out of here" we said it should probably be a little more secure, which is constructive criticism.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users