Get item Burn Time.

3 replies to this topic

#1 schUk0

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

Hi everyone, :)

can anyone tell me how to read the burn time of an Item?

Greetings

schUk0

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:50 AM

I suspect that you might be able to read this information out of certain machines using OpenPeripheral (while they're running), but no method comes to mind for reading it out of items directly. You'll likely need to build your own lookup table and have your script reference that.

#3 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

Bomb Bloke, on 24 December 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

You'll likely need to build your own lookup table and have your script reference that.

Two ways to do this:
  • Have the turtle put items in a furnace and time the duration (the furnace will need to be operating so smelt some stone or something)
  • Look up the durations in JEI/NEI and manually input them

#4 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

"Note that other items are accepted (including both vanilla / mod items) - generally, if an item can be used in a furnace it'll provide fuel equal to the number of items it could smelt, multiplied by ten." - from the wiki

Another solution would be to simply use the item to refuel a turtle. Calculate how much the turtle fuel level has changed from refueling using the item. At that point you take that amount divide by 10 and that is how many items it could smelt, or leave the number as it is and that is how many seconds it would last if left to burn in a furnace.

However, due to how the fuel amount is calculated the numbers gotten through this method might be a little off due to integer division being used when calculating the number of moves a turtle gets from a piece of fuel. Without testing I would assume any item that can smelt a fraction of a item would be misrepresented.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users