[1.7.10] [Survival] [100+ mods] LoganDark's Server

12 replies to this topic

#1 LoganDark2

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

This is my personal server, using a custom modpack.

The modpack is here. The server IP is 71.238.94.41:5010.

Here's the list of the mods included in the modpack (as of version 0.4):

Spoiler

Two client-side mods are supposed to be included in the modpack, but I'm not allowed to redistribute them in the zip file. Those mods include OptiFine and JourneyMap. It's recommended to add those two mods manually.

Please forgive me if I messed up any of the mods' names, I was too lazy to look up every one so I just took the list of .jars and went from there.

If you need help with anything, or free stuff, feel free to poke me if I'm on the server. If there's an issue, and I'm not on the server, feel free to post it here.

Spoiler

Edited by Lyqyd, 25 January 2018 - 03:17 AM.

#2 MrScamander

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Why 1.7.10? I thought we ended that age already :/

#3 LoganDark2

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

View PostRosvaldasGaming, on 17 January 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Why 1.7.10? I thought we ended that age already :/

I personally prefer it because it has such a large variety of mods. If you have a problem with my server, don't join it.

#4 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostLoganDark2, on 16 January 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

The server is currently down due to an unexpected issue (that came out of nowhere). If you can provide any support, help is appreciated.[spoiler][size=1]---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

at com.forgeessentials.core.misc.Translator.load(Translator.java:78)

Something in forge essentials is erroring. If you are running a 1.7.10 server I can see no reason why you wouldn't just use KCauldron thermos. With the bukkit plugins it supports, you can get far better server management tools than you ever would be able to with forgeessentials and related mods.

edit:

If you are stuck on sticking with forgeessentials I would bet the problem is a config issue based upon this line: at com.forgeessentials.core.moduleLauncher.config.ConfigManager.load(ConfigManager.java:95)

Edited by valithor, 25 January 2018 - 12:37 AM.

#5 LoganDark2

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

View Postvalithor, on 23 January 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

The server is currently down due to an unexpected issue (that came out of nowhere). If you can provide any support, help is appreciated.[spoiler][size=1]---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
Something in forge essentials is erroring

Gee, thanks. I could get that far, but I wasn't sure what was causing it (world or config? if so, what part of the config?)

#6 LoganDark2

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:30 AM

And also, I can't use KCauldron, because some mods like AE2 require a mod called "forge" that just isn't present on those forks. It's only present on forge standalone.

#7 LoganDark2

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

Deleted ForgeEssentials/translations.yml because I looked at it and thought for a moment. Then I decided the syntax was incorrect and deleted it. Problem solved. Seemed like FE garbled it up with weird strings from my JScript mods.

#8 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

View PostLoganDark2, on 24 January 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

And also, I can't use KCauldron, because some mods like AE2 require a mod called "forge" that just isn't present on those forks. It's only present on forge standalone.

cauldron thermos is forge+bukkit. It is literally built directly into it. I personally find it funny that you would say that to me... Considering I have run a couple fairly large servers here on the CC forums using KCauldron Thermos and using many of the mods you have in this server (I have used AE2 in my servers before). If the versions do not work together consider downgrading the mods. You will lose very little mod functionality and have a server that is of much better quality.

View PostLoganDark2, on 24 January 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

Gee, thanks. I could get that far, but I wasn't sure what was causing it (world or config? if so, what part of the config?)

Forgeessentials is complaining about a config. I would assume it is a forge essentials config. Simplest solution... Delete all forge essentials config and let it regenerate. Less simple solution is to make a backup and delete configs one at a time and narrow it down. Either way forgeessentials is a dated mod and it is not surprising that it broke (or took the whole server with it when it did break).

Edited by valithor, 25 January 2018 - 12:36 AM.

#9 LoganDark2

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:32 AM

View Postvalithor, on 24 January 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

cauldron is forge+bukkit. It is literally built directly into it. I personally find it funny that you would say that to me... Considering I have run a couple fairly large servers here on the CC forums using KCauldron and using many of the mods you have in this server (I have used AE2 in my servers before). If the versions do not work together consider downgrading the mods. You will lose very little mod functionality and have a server that is of much better quality.

Forgeessentials is complaining about a config. I would assume it is a forge essentials config. Simplest solution... Delete all forge essentials config and let it regenerate. Less simple solution is to make a backup and delete configs one at a time and narrow it down. Either way forgeessentials is a dated mod and it is not surprising that it broke (or took the whole server with it when it did break).

I fixed the issue about half an hour ago. It was due to FE writing garbled strings to its translation.yml (which might have to be deleted on every server start). The fix was deleting it.

I lied about KCauldron. I haven't tried it yet. I've only tried Thermos. I might at some point upgrade to KCauldron, but for now, I'm happy with FE.

#10 ell

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

View Postvalithor, on 24 January 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

cauldron is forge+bukkit. It is literally built directly into it. I personally find it funny that you would say that to me... Considering I have run a couple fairly large servers here on the CC forums using KCauldron and using many of the mods you have in this server (I have used AE2 in my servers before). If the versions do not work together consider downgrading the mods. You will lose very little mod functionality and have a server that is of much better quality.

Thermos is built ontop of KCauldron, and has a few fixes; so use Thermos instead.

However, I will state this:
You will not recieve support for Cauldron, KCauldron, or even Thermos. Anywhere.

All three platforms have reached end-of-life, end-of-support, and none have active programmers.

Another thing I will add, the majority of your mods are availiable for newer versions. You could consider upgrading.

#11 LoganDark2

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostLur_, on 24 January 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

-snip-

Thermos is built ontop of KCauldron, and has a few fixes; so use Thermos instead.

-snip-

Thermos is the exact software I tried to use, but it failed to start because AE2 couldn't find a mod named "forge". It was actually my first choice of server software.

View PostLur_, on 24 January 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

-snip-

Another thing I will add, the majority of your mods are availiable for newer versions. You could consider upgrading.

The minority is what I'm worried about. Maybe at some point I'll go through the internet trying to find a newer version of every single mod, who knows?

#12 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:19 AM

One or more of your mods is included in the pack against the terms of the license the creator has used for the mod. I have removed the modpack link. Please review the mods' license individually and add attribution, get permission to redistribute (and post proof), or remove the mod, as necessary.

#13 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:07 AM

LoganDark2 has expressed a lack of interest in complying with the advertisement requirements for the Server section, so this post is now closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users