An Unofficial ComputerCraft Discord.

media

2 replies to this topic

#1 CRUGG

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Locationpropably in front of his PC

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

I've understood that there's no need for another ComputerCraft Discord. So I will close the discord!

Hello,

I've created an unofficial Discord about ComputerCraft. I know, that there's already a discord, but I wanted to create an alternative.

What is Discord?
Discord is an alternative to Skype and Teamspeak. It has a Private Chat and Group Chat system like Skype does. It also has a Server System like Teamspeak, but the servers are hosted by Discord. On
theese Servers, you can create multiple text channels and voice channels. Discord is free. It has a client for almost every OS, but you can also use it online.

Channels on the Discord
#info - Just some Information about the Discord - Read-only
#announcements - Announcements of the Discord - Read-only

#cc-chat - Talk about ComputerCraft. - Read & Write
#cc-media - Send Screenshots of ComputerCraft. - Read & Write
#off-topic - Talk about literally everything. (No NSFW/18+ Content) - Read & Write

#features-projects - Featured Projects from #projects which the administration Team of the discord likes - Read-only
#projects - Submit your Projects. - Read & Write (Template
in Pinned Messages)

#faq - Frequently asked questions - Read-only
#questions - Ask your own questions or help others. - Read & Write

Bots
Advanced Computer (Work in Progress):
House-made bot for managing, moderation, ...
More
comming soon...

How to join the Server
Just click on the Invite Link.

Edited by CRUGG, 05 April 2018 - 09:42 AM.

#2 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

Whilst your server may offer more granular channels, there is already a relatively well established discord channel for CC here. There's no need to fragment the community even further. I'd also like to give a shout-out to IRC which, whilst rather quiet at the moment, does offer some really interesting conversation too.

On a more grumpy note, please guys: use forum search before going about on your next endeavour. I can appreciate wanting to do your own thing (I know I'm guilty of Not Invented Here syndrome as much as the next person), but sometimes it's better to build on already-established works. As the great man once said:

View PostLyqyd, on 20 February 2017 - 02:06 AM, said:

We don't need a separate thread any time someone starts up a discord channel related to ComputerCraft.

Edited by SquidDev, 27 March 2018 - 08:34 PM.

#3 CRUGG

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Locationpropably in front of his PC

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:40 AM

View PostSquidDev, on 27 March 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Whilst your server may offer more granular channels, there is already a relatively well established discord channel for CC here. There's no need to fragment the community even further.
Like I said in my Post, I already knew about the Discord, but wanted to create an alternative:

View PostCRUGG, on 27 March 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

I know, that there's already a discord, but I wanted to create an alternative.

View PostSquidDev, on 27 March 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

I'd also like to give a shout-out to IRC which, whilst rather quiet at the moment, does offer some really interesting conversation too.
But most people don't even know what IRC is. I've spent very much time to search for chat platforms and things like this, but the first time I've heard about IRC were the ComputerCraft Forums. The only things I know about it are, that it is like a Chat Server and there are unofficial clients (or something like this). And I only know this, because I've read it somewhere in the Forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users