Annoying to use character(s)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jummit

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationJulfander Squad Studio

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

I wanted to use this character with the sphere in the middle for a color picker, but then I noticed it had a pixel missing at the bottom:
Posted Image
This and a lot of other characters are useless, so I guess some of them could be modified to be made usable?

Edited by Jummit, 31 May 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#2 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Actually, the pixel makes it look nicer

#3 Jummit

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostEveryOS, on 31 May 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

Actually, the pixel makes it look nicer
I kind of see that now too, but in other instances its probably not what you wanted when you looked at a character map.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:22 AM

"A pixel missing at the bottom"? I guess you're talking about the whole lower row being set to the background colour?

So what? If you don't want that character, don't use it. \8 isn't supposed to be an inversion of \7 - switch the background and foreground colours if you want that.

#5 Jummit

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:07 AM

What is the character supposed do present by the way?

View PostBomb Bloke, on 01 June 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

"A pixel missing at the bottom"? I guess you're talking about the whole lower row being set to the background colour?

So what? If you don't want that character, don't use it. \8 isn't supposed to be an inversion of \7 - switch the background and foreground colours if you want that.
Wow, I didn't saw that one. Thanks!
What is the character supposed do present by the way?

Edited by Jummit, 01 June 2018 - 11:06 AM.

#6 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

Both characters represent bullets - the second is actually called an "inverted bullet".

Generally, you'd use both of them with a "coloured" foreground (as opposed to the coloured background you've got there). The reason the bullets aren't directly colour-inverted is so that you can avoid the problem you're complaining about, while at the same time avoiding symmetry issues.

#7 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

But I still think that the pallet looks very nice, you should keep using that one character

#8 Dave-ee Jones

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVan Diemen's Land

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:52 AM

When I first looked at the OP's screenshot I thought he was talking about a pixel underneath the coloured background. But never mind. My mind immediately thought that the coloured line at the bottom was intentional - I like it.

It's still a shame you can't handle hover events though. Would make some nice animations..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users