[BETA] Pydo Package Manager

3 replies to this topic

#1 PwnCC

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:36 AM

Hello dear crafties!
Me and theDacinator worked hard today on a new program which is called "pydo package manager"

Please not that pydo package manager is in its first alpha! And therefore possibly not as good as it will be!

Pydo is a package manager that is able to install and uninstall packages. it relies on repo's. further in the story i will explain how to make your own repo easily.

Pydo works with a zip / unzip type of thing and with that it can install libraries and programs onto your computer simply by using pydo.lua install (reponame) (packagename)
Pydo can also fetch and list packages, uninstall them etc.

For help just do pydo.lua help

To add any repo's you go to /pydo/repos/repolist and add your repo to both the table and as namespace as given in the file itself.

WARNING YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THERE IS A "/" THE END OF THE REPO OTHERWISE IT WILL BREAK

How to make your own repo

Step one: Get any webserver or server which is accesible from http!
Step two: Make folder in the root called "repo"
Step three: Make a folder called "files" in the repo folder and a file called "list" in the repo folder
Step four: Add your packages to the "files" folder and the corresponding names to the "list" file seperated by enters

How to make your package
Step 1: Get the packager by doing pydo.lua install pwnrepo packager
Step 2: Create a folder called "Payload" and add all the files and folders of your wanted project into there
Optional step: Add in an "installer" file which will be ran directly after the package is extracted!
Step 3: Make two files. One called dependencies and one called info. Put the package info in your info file and dependency list in the dependencies file
Step 4: type in "package Payload (your output file name) dependencies info" and press enter
Step 5: Upload the outputted file to your files folder in your repo and add the name in the list file

TUTORIAL VIDEO
(not yet impletemented)

FAQ:
Can i use a github webserver?
Yes of course!
Will this be updated later?
It will be updated a lot and get a lot more functions. Don't worry!

Installation
just pastebin run:
https://pastebin.com/jj9HrPmn
Here is the wikia! For extra info: https://pydo.wikia.com/wiki/Repo%27s
Dont forget to join the discord to ask questions: https://discord.gg/6wpZ2wa
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments!
I'm going to bed now however! I will respond tomorrow!

Currently Hot Repos:
None!
NOTE TO YOU. IF YOU WANT YOUR REPO IN THE CURRENTLY HOT REPO LIST DM ME ON DISCORD. I AM IN THE SERVER LINK YOU CAN SEE ABOVE

Edited by PwnCC, 08 August 2018 - 03:13 PM.

#2 PwnCC

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:47 AM

I'm going to bed now however. I will respond to your questions tomorrow!

#3 Ta©ti_Tac0Z

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:59 PM

"Step four: Add your packages to the "files" folder and the corresponding names to the list file seperated by enters" its called new-lines or line-breakes btw.

am not too sure i understand this, to install a "package" you have the syntax pydo install (reponame) (packagename) so the 'reponame' is the url? or what? this should have a url argument otherwise right? i don't understand this what so ever

at the point where you have your own website and DNS server whouldn't it just be esayer to just wget (url) insted :P
i mean thats just what i am thinking opcurse you say your program is "ziping it" (witch is a wrong term for this btw, ziping is a compressing arguritem you just bundle the files right?) i guess that makes it a little usefull.

when i saw "Package manger" i had in my mind some kind of HUD type of think just like real life package manegers such as nuget (a IRL package manger. mainly used for micosotf visuel studio) if this is not the case (or is not 'planned') then this is more a "package-downloader" then a "package manger". (to be fair nuget first became a HUD when it became a part of visuel studio before that it was a text pased program)

with all this said i do understand what you are "trying" to do here, tho. (haven't tryed is so i guess i can't say too much, all what i said here is just from looking at your post)

#4 PwnCC

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:33 AM

View PostTa©ti_Tac0Z, on 25 July 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

"Step four: Add your packages to the "files" folder and the corresponding names to the list file seperated by enters" its called new-lines or line-breakes btw.

am not too sure i understand this, to install a "package" you have the syntax pydo install (reponame) (packagename) so the 'reponame' is the url? or what? this should have a url argument otherwise right? i don't understand this what so ever

at the point where you have your own website and DNS server whouldn't it just be esayer to just wget (url) insted :P
i mean thats just what i am thinking opcurse you say your program is "ziping it" (witch is a wrong term for this btw, ziping is a compressing arguritem you just bundle the files right?) i guess that makes it a little usefull.

when i saw "Package manger" i had in my mind some kind of HUD type of think just like real life package manegers such as nuget (a IRL package manger. mainly used for micosotf visuel studio) if this is not the case (or is not 'planned') then this is more a "package-downloader" then a "package manger". (to be fair nuget first became a HUD when it became a part of visuel studio before that it was a text pased program)

with all this said i do understand what you are "trying" to do here, tho. (haven't tryed is so i guess i can't say too much, all what i said here is just from looking at your post)

Pydo is definitely a package manager. You can install. reinstall, update and uninstall your packages which is why its a "manager". your "reponame" is the name of the repo which is clearly stated when you do pydo repolist. Then you will see pwnrepo = "..". The repo name in this case is "pwnrepo". This is better then wget because you can add custom installers and multiple files in one file which makes it easier to use. I also clearly said "zip / unzip type of thing " which clearly means that it is not directly zipping and unzipping. Have fun trying it though and dont forget to make your own repo! Also nice suggestion with the hud. We might make one as well!

Edited by PwnCC, 26 July 2018 - 08:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users