How does your keyboard feels?

computer

16 replies to this topic

#1 Sewbacca

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationStar Wars

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

Just like the title says: How does your keyboard feels like. I mean something like clean, oily or there is a layer of sugar, one centimeter thick.

For me, my keyboard feels a little bit oily, but mostly clean, compared with the keyboards of my friends.

#2 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

Mine is slightly oily, but it's not disgusting or anything. I use a Lenovo Thinkpad W530, which has a nice-ass keyboard, with the exception of the Left CTRL button being to the right of the Fn button.
My trackpad, on the other hand, is just gross to feel. It's smooth in the center, bumpy on the sides, and greasy all over. I need to clean it and put some duct tape on it.

#3 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:20 PM

My keyboard is fine: My monitor is the problem (On my Windows 8.1, not the schools Windows 10)

#4 Sewbacca

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationStar Wars

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:03 PM

Intressting. I was wondering what could be the average, because the keyboards and the mice of my friends just feel disgusting.

#5 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

Was totally expecting r/mechanicalkeyboards but got this instead.

Mine's a bit dirty, mainly because it's attached to a laptop which I use for all of my computing needs. It's not bad though; the constant movement and use helps with that. Also since it cost almost $2k I tend to treat it nicely.

#6 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:58 AM

As for my PC's keyboard, the thing is pretty greasy. It's due for a wiping. It's backlit, and feels pretty good. I have a CM Storm keyboard.
I might get a new one, as the wire is becoming exposed, but that's not something that electrical tape can't fix for now.

#7 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 10 October 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Also since it cost almost $2k I tend to treat it nicely.
:o Wow...

#8 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostEveryOS, on 11 October 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

:o/> Wow...

It was a worthy investment. Gets me through university without worrying about shit breaking plus has Dell ProSupport so if it *does* break, I have next-business-day service.

#9 Sewbacca

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationStar Wars

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:56 PM

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 10 October 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Was totally expecting r/mechanicalkeyboards but got this instead.

Hehe :P, I have a rubber keyboard, but it feels like a mechanical (never had a mechanical but that's just what i think it feels like). To be precisly, i have a Microsoft Sidwinder X4 if you are interested.

#10 Nothy

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

going r/mk mode:
I'm rocking a pretty non-oily tkl keeb with Red Kailh RGB switches. Planning to swap over to Cherry MX Blues for that clickity clack sound.

Also using standard keycaps, thinking of switching to blanks or clear ones.

The overall feel of the keyboard is OK, as I said, minor oil on it, could easily be cleaned off, kind of dusty due to pets emitting more dust than a building collapsing.

#11 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

If I might talk about my phone's mobile keyboard, it's been a couple years and I'm still getting used to it. The screen is cracked, through, and the edge of the screen is curved, which I'll never get used to. I need a case to not constantly, mistakenly touch the sides of the touch screen.

I use the standard GBoard, with swype. It's fast for typing English words -- not so much for portable lua programming.

#12 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostLDDestroier, on 29 November 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

I use the standard GBoard, with swype. It's fast for typing English words -- not so much for portable lua programming.
Which is one reason phones should revert to flip-out keyboards
(Honestly, I have a flip-phone though)

Edited by EveryOS, 29 November 2018 - 05:35 PM.

#13 IliasHDZ

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMechelen, Antwerp, Belgium

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

I have a laptop. My keys are some what oily. My keys are also flat and don't make much sound.

#14 Floedekage

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:23 PM

My keyboard crackles every time I type because it is filled with crumbs... And I forgot a piece of chocolate on it yesterday night, had no light in the room and am on a laptop, so it melted down between the "delete" and "insert" button...

#15 Nothy

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

View PostFloedekage, on 22 February 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

My keyboard crackles every time I type because it is filled with crumbs...
:(

#16 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

Mine is like a month old now so still quite fresh.

#17 bitcohen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:27 AM

Honestly, yesterday was the first time I've pulled off all of my keycaps and cleaned it done I bought it nearly two years ago.
I dust it religiously with a can-of-air so most of it was pretty clean... ish... Except the space bar... For whatever reason, the underside of my space bar had become a thing of nightmares...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users