CC seems to be dead.

9 replies to this topic

#1 MrObsidy

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHesse, Germany

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:46 PM

Not sure this is the correct way to say it, but this mod seems dead. I have not seen a major version updates in a while and the last tutorial article was so old that I saw it as read (I did not frequent this account in a large while.)

Farewell CC, I had some fun times with you.

#2 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:44 PM

View PostMrObsidy, on 17 April 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Not sure this is the correct way to say it, but this mod seems dead. I have not seen a major version updates in a while and the last tutorial article was so old that I saw it as read (I did not frequent this account in a large while.)

Farewell CC, I had some fun times with you.

The forums are fairly dead, but there is a fairly active community around the switchcraft server. The mod went open source a while ago, so there hasn't been official versions, but there has been many unofficial versions of the mod.

#3 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

CC Tweaked has become the defacto continuation of the mod: https://minecraft.cu...ects/cc-tweaked

#4 MrObsidy

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHesse, Germany

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

That being said, what happened to craftOS 2.0?

#5 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

The same thing that happened to everything else, Dan200 got employed and, I guess, hasn't found time and energy to work on projects for us.

#6 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:19 AM

CraftOS 2.0 was never intended to be a CC/MC thing at all - it was a lua API for game development based on CC's APIs. That detail aside, what Lupus said.

#7 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

Computercraft also lives on in lots of various mod packs. That's how I got into it. And given that those are mostly still stuck at 1.7.1 for various reasons updates aren't really a big deal for that community.

#8 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostPurple, on 20 April 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

And given that those are mostly still stuck at 1.7.10 for various reasons
You really have to.

But seriously, it's somewhat depressing trying to help people on older versions, as there's a lot of missing functionality there (ender modems, new characters, palettes, websockets, etc...).

#9 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:34 AM

Maybe I should be backporting all of my programs to work with 1.7.10 CC. Replacing NFT block images with NFP, being careful with setTextColor/setBackgroundColor and term.isColor, the works.

#10 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:53 PM

I'd be happy with a program that loops a bunch of bitmaps or images in a circle to make the screen look like it's doing something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users