Is there any way to load code onto command computers in survival?

command

2 replies to this topic

#1 unclenorton

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

I want to be able to run code on a newly placed command computer in survival mode. I can give myself any item with any id, basically /give command but without data tags. Maybe it is possible to /give a command computer with a certain computer id so that it has the same code as another computer with the same id?

#2 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:43 AM

If you don't mind editing the save files each computer gets a folder with its ID in the save file on your PC. And each program you writ eon that computer gets a text file in that folder. So you just have to open one save file, copy the file and paste it into your new one. Or you could do what I do and write all your code outside of computercraft and paste it into a resource pack so that all your code is available on each computer.

#3 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

IIRC you can give yourself a computer with a certain damage value to have it have a specific ID, however I'm not sure if that is still possible and if that falls under data tags.(I know in older Versions of MC you could do /give <player> <id>:<damage>)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users