Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postimmibis, on 22 December 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

View Posttiin57, on 22 December 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

View PostChunLing, on 21 December 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

First off, it's for Minecraft 1.2.5 and isn't being updated, so unless you're on minecraft 1.2.5 for some reason (Tekkit, redpower, better frame rates, whatever)...
Ahem. eloraam.com.
Eloraam updates CCPortable now?
Nah I'm pretty sure he was meaning, check there, there's an update for RedPower2 and no need to stay on 1.2.5 'for redpower'

#62 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yes, thank you. That's actually exactly what I meant. :D

#63 Thomasims3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Well, I'm updating it, I'm working on the gui and the client-server packets right now.

#64 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

You are a hero.

I have a suggestion for the update...if possible it would be nice if the PDA receiver passed the standard input events rather than the special pda_key/char events, and could have terminal output redirected to it so that it wouldn't be necessary to write everything from such a low-level. I get that the special events allowed individual handling of several pda's on a single receiver...but I personally didn't find this wildly useful. You could still pass the input events with an extra parameter specifying the PDA that sent them, if people wanted to use that. And the special outputs (icon, title, alert) could be left in place (so while the main text for all the connected PDA's would be the same, they could still get individual messages).

Then again, I do have a working program for the input/output as it was, so it's not like I'm in dire need of such a change. But I imagine it would make the device much more usable.

#65 Thomasims3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Indeed that is a good idea, I was planning on the term functions (redirect) but I have to check how I could do that.

Since it is a PDA, I might remove the key/char events and replace it with touchscreen event but I dont know if it is a good idea.
EDIT: There may be different PDA-like devices (helmet, one with keyboard, ...)

If I find a way to use the redirect function, the events passed will be different whether or not the term is redirected.

If you have any idea or need more informations, PM me.

#66 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Hmm...my sense was that the lack of passing standard key/char events was a factor in making it difficult for people to use the PDA, since it required substantial custom programming to be usable as an input device. I don't know that for sure, though.

#67 Thomasims3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

@ChunLing
Yes, I guess it would be easier for people to use it like that. I kind-of want it to work like the advanced monitor because if you think about it, the new PDA could have the exact same functions since it's touch only and probably colors once I've finished gui and packets.

#68 Thomasims3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

- snip - (double post lag)

#69 G3R4RD

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Oh hi, I´m back. ^_^
Today and tomorrow I will rewrite the mod to 1.5.1, currently I have changed the script to NBT, with other words: It's much faster and stable now. ;)

#70 killie01

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostG3R4RD, on 11 April 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Oh hi, I´m back. ^_^
Today and tomorrow I will rewrite the mod to 1.5.1, currently I have changed the script to NBT, with other words: It's much faster and stable now. ;)

is this still active?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users