[MC 1.2.5 / CC 1.4.1] CCPortable - And not even overpowerd

69 replies to this topic

#41 G3R4RD

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

This week, I will work on it. (Also Multiplayer).

#42 Laserman34170

• New Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationProgramming Land

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

So, could it be conceivable that you could make a mobile operating system with all of the processing down on the receiving computer? The computer could read keystrokes and make it look as though you were inputting a command.

In fact, I think I'll do just that.

#43 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Can't wait for this in 1.3.2!

#44 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

I made a change in the interface so that the PDA screen is transparent (just by editing the texture). I find that this is helpful for using the PDA (particularly as a remote controller) since it doesn't block the view of the world. I also altered the block texture to look a little more computer crafty with a yellow lights.

#45 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Is there any way to reduce the amount of darkening that occurs when you use the PDA? It seems to be the same mechanism that happens for all other interfaces, but I'm fine with reducing the darkening of everything else too, if I can.

#46 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Huh. I thought I posted some code, but I guess I must have exited without posting.

Anyway, I made a pda initialization and testing function, that also provides functions for getting text output and input.
Spoiler
Now, obviously this needs more development before it becomes useful. I'm thinking of two different approaches. One is to just run this to enable the PDA block, set the channel, and then use the PDA with programs that are designed for PDA control. The other is to entirely slave the computer to the PDA, so that all it's output and input has to go just to the PDA. That's clearly a bit more ambitious in scope, but I think it may turn out easier in the long run. In the middle, I suppose we have an either/both situation.

Anyone have any ideas?

Good grief, I checked on this to make sure I posted my code, and I saw it all hanging out. It's not the nicest looking code I've ever written, either. Sorry about that. Now that your eyes have been spared, anyone have any ideas?

Edited by ChunLing, 19 October 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#47 Thomasims3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

ChunLing, on 16 October 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Is there any way to reduce the amount of darkening that occurs when you use the PDA? It seems to be the same mechanism that happens for all other interfaces, but I'm fine with reducing the darkening of everything else too, if I can.
When you make a GUI in minecraft, the first render thing you write is the darkening effect. I'm not sure if you can make a GUI without that line of code but if you remove the line, it should not make the screen darker.

#48 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Well, I know that I can't change it, because it's not my mod. It's a minor concern anyway, and it probably helps the PDA stay readable despite being mostly transparent.

I've been working more with the program I wrote to use the PDA, and I have this:
Spoiler
This is somewhat specialized to work as a rednet interface (specifically for remote controlling a turtle), but the functions wrtpdln and rdpdln should be of general utility. Other people might find it useful to put them in an API for PDA functionality, I only use them with this one program so far, though.

#49 skrypt

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

Is there any way to remove the darkening effect for menus for the entire game? I can't seem to find any mods for that.

#50 skrypt

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

pda_disconnected is not being recognized when I disconnect a PDA. Anyone experiencing this as well?

As a note, pda_connected works just fine.

This is what I'm running

local event, id, key = os.pullEvent()
if event == "pda_disconnected" then
print("disconnected")
end

#51 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hmm...I haven't all that much use for pda_disconnected, but I have noticed the events for it firing when I actually push the "disconnect" button (which I almost never do now that I'm no longer testing functionality, I don't know why it even has that button since all it does is brick your PDA).

#52 Thomasims3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

skrypt, on 24 October 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

Is there any way to remove the darkening effect for menus for the entire game? I can't seem to find any mods for that.
The darkening as I said is defined in the source code itself. So i guess no mod can remove it.

#53 kdence

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOverworld

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi,
This Is a great idea! But this mod is not loaded by ModLoader...

You can give me the source?

#54 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

kdence, on 02 November 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Hi,
This Is a great idea! But this mod is not loaded by ModLoader...

You can give me the source?

This mod is for 1.2.5 only - as such will not work on future versions.

Even if it did, CC is a forge mod, so making it compatible with ModLoader would be a waste of time.

#55 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Eventually the rednet portable computer will do anything this mod does, right? Only with far less hassle.

#56 Falco

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSOMEWHERE IN F*%KING MINECRAFT!!!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

im finding it very hard to understand exactly what this does... is it a computer controller? is it a computer viewer?

please reply fast it looks great but i dont want to install if im never going to use it... :)

#57 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

First off, it's for Minecraft 1.2.5 and isn't being updated, so unless you're on minecraft 1.2.5 for some reason (Tekkit, redpower, better frame rates, whatever) then don't bother.

Second, it requires significant coding to use, basically some custom software to run on a computer that will make it do stuff. I've written one for use with rednet controlled turtles and such, and still remember it fondly whenever I'm pulling out my control turtle and using that as a rednet terminal.

What it does is add a new peripheral block and a new item that passes events to a computer that has the block attached, and allows the computer to pass information in various forms to the item. When you use the item it brings up a PDA screen, and that displays whatever the computer tells it to display. I used mine as a remote control with a text feedback.

If you can get CCInput to work for you (I never could, myself) then you should probably go with that since it generates conventional key events so you can use it with existing programs rather than having to code all your own input functions. Or you can wait for CC core mod to include a rednet capable portable (other than a wireless turtle).

But if you are still on 1.2.5 and love coding your own input functions (or find my program suited to your needs), then this is a great peripheral.

#58 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

ChunLing, on 21 December 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

First off, it's for Minecraft 1.2.5 and isn't being updated, so unless you're on minecraft 1.2.5 for some reason (Tekkit, redpower, better frame rates, whatever)...
Ahem. eloraam.com.

#59 immibis

Lua God

• Members
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

tiin57, on 22 December 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

First off, it's for Minecraft 1.2.5 and isn't being updated, so unless you're on minecraft 1.2.5 for some reason (Tekkit, redpower, better frame rates, whatever)...
Ahem. eloraam.com.
Eloraam updates CCPortable now?

#60 FuzzyPurp

Part-Time Ninja

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

immibis, on 22 December 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

tiin57, on 22 December 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Ahem. eloraam.com.
Eloraam updates CCPortable now?

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users