FrameTurtle[1.41]

13 replies to this topic

#1 D1mens1on

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hello!

I was just thinking how awesome it would be if you could move blocks with your turtle.
maybe you could also place panels and covers on the FrameTurtle so you can place things on your turtle.

the recipe woul be a turtle surrounded by frames from Redpower.

Thank you for reading my post.

#2 Neowulf

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

More interested in a grasper upgrade for turtles.
Like a turtle + slimeball, taking the tool side. Allows three new API calls.

turtle.grab("yes/no")
turtle.grabUp("yes/no")
turtle.grabDown("yes/no")

Move the block grabbed (and associated tileentity if applicable) when the turtle does. If either are blocked, the move command fails.

#3 Mendax

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostNeowulf, on 30 August 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

turtle.grab("yes/no")
turtle.grabUp("yes/no")
I think it would be more like
turtle.grab("true/false")
turtle.grabUp("true/false")
turtle.grabDown("true/false")
It fits more in with Lua, but this is a GOOD suggestion (Cept the redpower requirement, It is incompatible with my mods I perfer.)

#4 D1mens1on

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostNeowulf, on 30 August 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

More interested in a grasper upgrade for turtles.
Like a turtle + slimeball, taking the tool side. Allows three new API calls.

turtle.grab("yes/no")
turtle.grabUp("yes/no")

Move the block grabbed (and associated tileentity if applicable) when the turtle does. If either are blocked, the move command fails.

Yes, this is a better idea.
It would be called the sticky turtle.

#5 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

Interesting idea, but does this really gain a lot compared to just having the turtle dig and place to move blocks?

#6 OmegaVest

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Three words: Remote Cargo Skiffs. Attach chests to the turtle or frame body, have the turtle grab it. Fill chest with whole inventory, program coordinates. Press go. Or, if you're in an automative mood, have a central computer that communicates with several turtchests. It can all be (in theory) done with RedPower alone, but wouldn't this be more fun?

Ooh. Autopilot cruise liner.

#7 Neowulf

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

You could also create a picker-builder, one deployer sending out the correct blocks in sequence, and the turtle grabs the block and moves it into position. Looks cooler than deposit buiders using place().
And turtles could then move blocks that you normally need silk touch for, Build a mansion out of lapis and diamond ore blocks, completely legit.

#8 Teraminer

• New Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationDon't look behind you..

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Someone could make a turtle upgrade!

If you support give teh first post an up/+rep/like/or_what_so_ever

#9 D1mens1on

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 30 August 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Interesting idea, but does this really gain a lot compared to just having the turtle dig and place to move blocks?

Yes, you can then move ores.
Also you could move items with an inventory, or computers or things like that.
and you can do it faster by just moving a block.

#10 OmegaVest

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, this wouldn't be necessarily faster. And something I forgot to mention in my earlier post: This method would preserve tile entities, which was one of the major draws for frames over pistons. Think about it.

Oop. Also: Thaumcraft arcane bore turtle. Point it down, grab a bore, turn on the redstone and let it fly. With their new capacity to mess with inventories, this could even make a refillable, mobile arcane bore machine. If anyone watched DireWolf20's attempt at it (Or, you know, tried to make it yourself), you know how awesome this kind of thing would be.

But the big thing about this is combining mods. And, honestly, that's about half the suggestions up here. The other half (err. 5%) is about adding features of other mods to this one. And in this case, it's really both. The only problem I see with this is, after hearing and chatting, this is supposed to be a pain in the --- to program.

#11 D1mens1on

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

I i know that its just a combination of mods, but the ability to move blocks would be really neat.

#12 Teraminer

• New Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationDon't look behind you..

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostOmegaVest, on 30 August 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Well, this wouldn't be necessarily faster. And something I forgot to mention in my earlier post: This method would preserve tile entities, which was one of the major draws for frames over pistons. Think about it.

Oop. Also: Thaumcraft arcane bore turtle. Point it down, grab a bore, turn on the redstone and let it fly. With their new capacity to mess with inventories, this could even make a refillable, mobile arcane bore machine. If anyone watched DireWolf20's attempt at it (Or, you know, tried to make it yourself), you know how awesome this kind of thing would be.

But the big thing about this is combining mods. And, honestly, that's about half the suggestions up here. The other half (err. 5%) is about adding features of other mods to this one. And in this case, it's really both. The only problem I see with this is, after hearing and chatting, this is supposed to be a pain in the --- to program.
I watched it :)/>

#13 kamnxt

• New Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I really like the sticky piston idea. But one more thing would be needed: sticky blocks. they could allow you to move multiple blocks. Maybe crafted like this: S = slimeball, B = stone (or wood)

BSB
SBS
BSB

#14 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Frames are hard part of RP2. You need Eloraam permission. Plus you want to move it without Blutricity.

Make peripheral from Sticky Piston with methods:
per.push(side) --extend and retract piston to that side
per.stick(true/false) --to pool or push only

So you can to push anything pushable and pool anything pool-able without use of Eloraam's beautiful Frames.
Also without significant time with extended piston turtle will be "always" in one m3 block.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users