Does anyone still use floppy disks IRL?

43 replies to this topic

#41 6677

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

My first PC had a CD reader (no burning or DVD's) and TWO floppy drives. I also had a digital camera which took floppies. This was only actually about 10 years ago, my first PC was old when I got it :P FastVoodoo graphics :D

#42 acepilot1122

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

I got a windows 98 floppy... my music teacher at school found it unopened and knows how I like computers and old operating systems and stuff so he gave it to me... the downside is I don't actually have a floppy drive... I might need to salvage the one out of my old XP machine :P

#43 LeonTheMisfit

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Well since this has been resurrected, I still keep a USB floppy drive and some floppies laying around. I have a couple of relatives who refuse to update and sometimes it's nice to be able to quick make a DOS boot disk.

#44 !!!!!!!!!!ExclaimationMark

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostMendax, on 01 September 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

I still use floppy disks, I have ShadOS Standalone on my best floppy, but that's all I use it for, a cool place to store stuff (even if it only holds 1mb). I use a USB floppy disk and had to edit base ubuntu files to get it to load. What do you guys use them for?
EDIT: Quick hint if you are interested, SSA 0.4A will have a zip file tool.
I have a PC that has a 3.5" floppy reader. I use Mikeos on If. I love the floppI reading noise

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users