[LUA] Need a programmer for computercraft in Tekkit SMP

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kickthemule

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hello, I am a very inexperienced programmer and my knowledge of lua is frankly pathetic. So i need help with a project im working on!

Here is the outline of what I am trying to do.
  • Start up computer
  • Input password into computer 1, input password into computer 2
  • Access granted to computer 3 - (ie a central password server will be required but this is the easy bit!)
  • Input 3 dimensional co-ordinate of a target into computer3
  • Input variable "number of pulses"
  • The program then checks the co-ordinates of computer4 located on a Redpower Frame 3-directional engine (this can be done using Sensors or triangulation method)
  • The program plots the route from current location of computer4 to target co-ordinate (ie X2-X1, Y2-Y1, Z2-Z1)
  • The program writes onto a floppy
  • the sequence of turning on and off redpower cables within a bundled cable in order to operate the Frame motors and move the engine from start location to target location
  • The code must also include a check such that between 70% and 80% of the journey if a confirmation signal from computer 3 is on - (ie a password is entered to change state of variable "proceed" from 0 to 1 otherwise the engine returns to start location. If % of journey compete is >80% the state of variable "proceed" is ignored.
  • Once the engine arrives at destination it pulses on the black wire in a bundled cable on the engine as determined by variable "number of pulses"
  • It returns to original location
  • The code which is written on a floppy is extracted from computer3
  • Sent to computer 4 on the redpower frame engine
  • Executed
  • On return of the engine the floppy is extracted and sent to storage

This is a lot of rather complex code and I started by writing it in VB. However i have not been able to port it to lua even with a cheat sheet. So I am looking for someone who can achieve all of this using ComputerCraft.

I can setup a simple tekkit server on which you can build this for upto 3 or 4 people

The end result would be a Flying Drone capable of bombing targets using tnt (or a nuke) without only a co-ordinate input from a player. This is currently my base idea. There are possible extensions to recon drones, builder drones that can establish a forward base ect ect.

If anyone is interested please post here or send a message!

#2 icehaunter

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hello there. I can try to create such program. Have got a little expirience in Lua, but have already written something similar. Only idea: I think it would be easier with a simple turtle with wireless modem. it can go where you need, place a dispenser and place nuke and emit redstone at nuke, firing it and collect everything back in inventory.

#3 Kickthemule

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hello! I am glad your interested in the challenge!

I have been playing around with turtles for a while but the point of the project was to create something that was cool and not necessarily the most efficient way of blowing something up!

Using redpower frames I have created an aircraft looking vehicle with 3-dimensional motor and also a dispenser system.

The beauty of its design is this - If you can programme the computer on the aircraft to travel to a destination without any hitches you can alter the function of the rest of the aircraft for a huge variety of other purposes.

For example - Although I intend to start with a simple bomber first it would also be plausible to get the aircraft to build teleporters to far away locations inlcuding their power supply. Also the refuelling of the aircraft or changing the ammunition will require no code at all.

If you are genuinely interested please send me a private message!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users