Dark programs: Base security / Remote login / Keycards / Server & multiple clients

78 replies to this topic

#61 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

micmou, on 12 July 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

Hmm a idea I had was maybe to include a gui keypad. I love all of your programs BTW.

It's not released yet, but I have a working version of a keypad, the only problem I'm facing is how to implement multiple users into the current system with unique IDs. I have a few ideas for this, maybe the user could have a "profile" and choose their unique ID or one could be assigned to them on user creation. The user would also have to choose their own ID.

As it currently stands, the user is faced with a numeric keypad on a 1x1 monitor, they type in their account number and press hash then type in there passcode and press hash. The screen has quite a nice interface too!

#62 micmou

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

darkrising, on 12 July 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Hmm a idea I had was maybe to include a gui keypad. I love all of your programs BTW.

It's not released yet, but I have a working version of a keypad, the only problem I'm facing is how to implement multiple users into the current system with unique IDs. I have a few ideas for this, maybe the user could have a "profile" and choose their unique ID or one could be assigned to them on user creation. The user would also have to choose their own ID.

As it currently stands, the user is faced with a numeric keypad on a 1x1 monitor, they type in their account number and press hash then type in there passcode and press hash. The screen has quite a nice interface too!

Hmm that seems nice. I was also wondering about moving into things like. Peripherals. Maybe some sort of RFID system??? Mag cards can be read tho so that is not so secure. Not to sure bout RFID either. It would be cool tho.
I also had a kinda far idea out there. A large screen maybe 5x5 with a combo dial. Like Umm either spin or multiple digits controlled by the scroll wheel.

#63 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

micmou, on 13 July 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

darkrising, on 12 July 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Hmm that seems nice. I was also wondering about moving into things like. Peripherals. Maybe some sort of RFID system??? Mag cards can be read tho so that is not so secure. Not to sure bout RFID either. It would be cool tho.
I also had a kinda far idea out there. A large screen maybe 5x5 with a combo dial. Like Umm either spin or multiple digits controlled by the scroll wheel.

I don't really want to move into external peripherals, I would rather keep my programs vanilla CC.

You can't use the scroll wheel on a monitor, I much prefer numeric keypad over a combo lock.

#64 NOTUSEDPLEASEDELETE

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

I know a way to make the 'Please attach modem' better:
Make your program have this at the please attach modem screen:
Client:
event, side = os.pullEvent("peripheral")
shell.run("client")
Server:
event, side = os.pullEvent("peripheral")
shell.run("server")
And then make the computer's reaction to the modem being detached is to error.
The event name is 'peripheral_detach' and the function is 'error()'!
And great work on your program!

#65 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

dude i love this, ive only read about it, but im interested in talking to you further as i am working on a security features over rednet, i just got my feet wet about a week ago and im making progress on my project, i just would like to talk in how you solved some issues with your development and see how you got inspired to do this. really great work. im creating a dynamic channel connection between two computers for a banking system. i want to go all out and create accounts, transfer, CDs, Loans, supply and demand, merchant client systems connection to the bank, credit cards, hashing and encrypting, and a turtle that places the assets in a vault for viewing.

~Cozzy

#66 trey2k

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationU.S

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

How do you enable http

I try to run the program and it said http is not enabled pleas enable it

#67 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

trey2k, on 02 August 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

I try to run the program and it said http is not enabled pleas enable it

You will have to enable it on your client.

Quoted from the computercraft wiki: The HTTP API must be enabled in mod_ComputerCraft.cfg before being used. To enable it open .minecraft/config/ComputerCraft.cfg and change enableAPI_http=false to enableAPI_http=true

#68 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Cozzimoto, on 01 August 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

dude i love this, ive only read about it, but im interested in talking to you further as i am working on a security features over rednet, i just got my feet wet about a week ago and im making progress on my project, i just would like to talk in how you solved some issues with your development and see how you got inspired to do this. really great work. im creating a dynamic channel connection between two computers for a banking system. i want to go all out and create accounts, transfer, CDs, Loans, supply and demand, merchant client systems connection to the bank, credit cards, hashing and encrypting, and a turtle that places the assets in a vault for viewing.

~Cozzy

Sounds really cool, yes I wouldn't mind talking further. Let me know by pm whats best for you :)

#69 coolmark1995

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hello Darkrising coolmark1995 here I was wondering is there a way to get the server to detect the computer id? it does not show computers on the network in the server

#70 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

coolmark1995, on 19 November 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hello Darkrising coolmark1995 here I was wondering is there a way to get the server to detect the computer id? it does not show computers on the network in the server

It's been a while since I've worked on this program, but I'm thinking of getting back in and releasing some new updates.

Do you mean like a list of computer ID currently associated with the server, or more of a live update type deal. The client computers do send their ID to the server (as far as I remember)

#71 CraveMode

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hey, I was trying to install your db lock program on a FTB Unleashed 1.5.2 server, trying to set up the server. I skip where to install as tutorial says and choose 1 for security, once it reboots, it gives the error
parallel :22: dark:356: attempt to index ? (a number value)

UPDATE: Well, I went and redone this later and it seems to be working now. Loving it!

Another Update: Started our own server for 1.6.4 and the script works flawlessly. Just incase anyone saw this message previously and thought it might be broken.

Thanks for it!

Edited by CraveMode, 29 November 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#72 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

CraveMode, on 25 November 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Hey, I was trying to install your db lock program on a FTB Unleashed 1.5.2 server, trying to set up the server. I skip where to install as tutorial says and choose 1 for security, once it reboots, it gives the error

UPDATE: Well, I went and redone this later and it seems to be working now. Loving it!

Another Update: Started our own server for 1.6.4 and the script works flawlessly. Just incase anyone saw this message previously and thought it might be broken.

Thanks for it!

Yeh I was renaming some things on github, so probably that was the cause, thought noone was using the update at that time haha :)

#73 CraveMode

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

darkrising, on 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Thanks for it!

Yeh I was renaming some things on github, so probably that was the cause, thought noone was using the update at that time haha :)

Lol.. after I made that post, I logged into my server only to find a parallel:22: dark:19: nil soemthing haha, just my luck. But, I tried to reinstall with the installer I had, and it wouldn't work on line 19 which is the line that calls a url.. checked the installer on your github and the url doesnt have /raw/ so i redownloaded the installer and only reinstalled my server, everything got back up and running.

#74 matiyarosz

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

darkrising, on 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Thanks for it!

Error still appears on my Client and Sever Machines ;/

#75 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Ah, that could be a problem, I actually changed a heep of links in the programs, didn't realise people were still using them lol :P

Edit: To all those having problems, just re-download either the installer or Dark Retriever to get the most up to date links.

Edited by darkrising, 02 December 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#76 gknova61

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Potential security hole in your client. They don't check the ID of the computer sending the '#granted' message so you can just make a program sending that encrypted over and over until the redstone signal happens.

#77 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

gknova61, on 13 December 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Potential security hole in your client. They don't check the ID of the computer sending the '#granted' message so you can just make a program sending that encrypted over and over until the redstone signal happens.

Edit: I fixed this issue, the client now checks for distance of the server, if it doesn't match the one in the database, the granted message is rejected.

Edited by darkrising, 13 December 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#78 Kwok

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

First of all: i´m a nooby Noob in Computercraft and my englisch is very bad.

I installed a server and promoted myself to a admin. Then I installed the Client on a other one. It seemed as it works, but when i enter my nickname and password (and press Enter) nothing happend. The client is shown in the list of the server.

#79 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Kwok, on 22 December 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

First of all: i´m a nooby Noob in Computercraft and my englisch is very bad.

I installed a server and promoted myself to a admin. Then I installed the Client on a other one. It seemed as it works, but when i enter my nickname and password (and press Enter) nothing happend. The client is shown in the list of the server.

I fixed this, dunno what was going wrong but it is working now, you may have to re-download the program though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users