turtle wireless utility

168 replies to this topic

#161 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Version 2.0 is out!
Changelog:
  • Changed a lot of code to prevent some errors from happening, errors might be minimal or totally gone
  • Added a new line of information: Coordinates. It prints the current turtle's coordinates (X, Y, Z). If the turtle is out of range, or if the turtle wasn't able to connect to the GPS cluster it'll tell you in the coordinates line
  • Added a new line of information: Fuel level. It prints the current turtle's fuel level. If the turtle is out of range it'll tell you in the fuel level line
  • Changed how slot changing works, now it'll make the maths operation in the console computer and then send the result to the turtle, which uses it to choose the slot
  • Added a new security mechanism, now the turtle asks you for the controller's ID at startup. This will stop other people from driving your turtles and will also stop the turtle from bugging nearby computers with broadcasts
  • Now the console automatically detects your modem, instead of asking you for the side. It'll also warn you if you don't have a modem attached to your computer
  • Reached 1410 lines of code!

#162 MonsterHunter798

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 27 December 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

View PostMonsterHunter798, on 27 December 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

How to download? I dont get the installation. and can you add a feature wherein the computer can print the turtle's x,y, and z positions?
Q: How to download?
A: You have to follow the installation instructions that are described in the main post, once you run the pastebin program simply restart the computer and the installer will do the rest

Q: Can you add a command to print the turtle's x,y and z positions?
A: Sure I can, the only problem is that it'll need to be near a satelite (computers) to triangulate it's position, so it won't always work unless the turtle has a nearby computer to know it's position
I dont see the "0" folder in my computer folder. And there is no computercraft folder in my world. only computer. And where is the installer? Could you send me a direct link to it please? I dont see it in the main oist.

#163 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostMonsterHunter798, on 27 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

How to download? I dont get the installation. and can you add a feature wherein the computer can print the turtle's x,y, and z positions?
A: You have to follow the installation instructions that are described in the main post, once you run the pastebin program simply restart the computer and the installer will do the rest

A: Sure I can, the only problem is that it'll need to be near a satelite (computers) to triangulate it's position, so it won't always work unless the turtle has a nearby computer to know it's position
I dont see the "0" folder in my computer folder. And there is no computercraft folder in my world. only computer. And where is the installer? Could you send me a direct link to it please? I dont see it in the main oist.

Well, I don't know why people don't read..... Please read EVERYTHING before asking questions

View PostHeracles421, on 02 October 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Installation:
Spoiler

#164 ScruffyRules

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Bahaha Heracles421 not everyone has a "0" in the computer folder.

#165 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I changed the computercraft thingy, got confused. And yea, everyone should have the 0 folder, because the first computer id is always 0, and the folder names are the computer's IDs

#166 MonsterHunter798

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 27 December 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Well, I don't know why people don't read..... Please read EVERYTHING before asking questions

Installation:
Spoiler

View PostHeracles421, on 27 December 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Installation:
Spoiler

I did read everything. Did you mean I should just paste the programs directly in the computer folder?

#167 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Nope, once you place a computer in the world, a new folder with it's ID will be generated in the /computer/ folder. You should paste the programs there

#168 MonsterHunter798

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Oh.

#169 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostMonsterHunter798, on 27 December 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Oh.
You can also make use of the HTTP API, which is better because you don't have to mess around with files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users