[MC 1.6.4] [CC 1.57] Held's Peripherals - Bugfixes!

peripheral

105 replies to this topic

#1 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Held's Peripherals

Main thread

Features
  • Adds a new modem type that can send data and matter across worlds.
    • Adds Ender Charges, can only be obtained by breaking an Ender Modem. Only used to not lose charge when breaking a modem. Registered to the OreDictionary as "dustEnderCharge".
    • Using the modem requires 1 ender charge unit for text messages and 5 for matter.
    • The modem can store up to 120 charge units.
    • Ender charges provide 1 ender charge, Ender pearls 40 and Eyes of Ender 60
    • Dusts work as well! Ender eye dust is equivalent to 40 ender charges, whilst Eye of Ender dust only gives 30. (gregtech compatibility)
    • Auto-refuels self to stay as full as possible without overflowing its capacity.
    • Has ISidedInventoryness! Bottom = charge slots, Top = Input for transportation, Sides = Output slot for transportation.
  • Adds a block that lights fireworks.
    • Supports all vanilla features of fireworks.
    • Allows a silent launch.
    • Allows a silent explosion.
    • Adds 3 new patterns, 1 'decoy' pattern and 2 customizable patterns.
    • Has bonus hidden feature.
    • Fireworks lighted from this block do not follow vanilla rules to allow them to display the fireworks in all their glory. This means no particle cap of 4000 particles (insane!)
    • Builds up heat, if too many fireworks are launched it will block service until it cools down.
  • Adds a block that makes noises
    • Supports all loaded sounds including mod sounds.
    • Allows custom pitch and volume.
Requirements
HeldCore
MinecraftForge and Computercraft (duh!)

Download
Latest Version: 01.10.03.00 (MC 1.6.4, HC 01.03.05.00)

Older Versions:
Spoiler

Config Options
general:EnhancedEnderChargeRenderer - Determines whether ender charges render with a charge amount counter
general:EnhancedFireworks - Determines whether fireworks launched by the Electrical Fireworks Lighter create grouped particles
general:FireworksEntityID - The entity ID for the custom fireworks entity
item:EnderCharge - The item ID for the ender charge
block:EnderModem - The block ID for the Ender Modem
block:MoltenDye0 - The block ID for molten dye 0
block:MoltenDye1 - The block ID for molten dye 1
block:MoltenDye2 - The block ID for molten dye 2
block:MoltenDye3 - The block ID for molten dye 3
block:MoltenDye4 - The block ID for molten dye 4
block:MoltenDye5 - The block ID for molten dye 5
block:MoltenDye6 - The block ID for molten dye 6
block:MoltenDye7 - The block ID for molten dye 7
block:MoltenDye8 - The block ID for molten dye 8
block:MoltenDye9 - The block ID for molten dye 9
block:MoltenDye10 - The block ID for molten dye 10
block:MoltenDye11 - The block ID for molten dye 11
block:MoltenDye12 - The block ID for molten dye 12
block:MoltenDye13 - The block ID for molten dye 13
block:MoltenDye14 - The block ID for molten dye 14
block:MoltenDye15 - The block ID for molten dye 15
block:MultiBlock1 - The block ID for the Electrical Fireworks Lighter, Noise Maker and thaumic scanner
charges:CostSend - The amount of charges that are required to send a text message
charges:CostTransport - The amount of charges that are required to send matter
charges:CostTransportFluid - The amount of charges that are required to send a fluid
charges:YieldEnderPearl - The amount of ender charges an ender pearl is worth
charges:YieldEnderPearlDust - The amount of charges one ender pearl dust is worth (GregTech Compat)
charges:YieldEyeOfEnder - The amount of ender charges an eye of ender is worth
charges:YieldEyeOfEnderDust - The amount of charges one eye of ender dust is worth (GrehTech Compat)

Crafting Recipes
Spoiler

Guis
Spoiler

How to use
Endernet API:
Spoiler

Electrical Fireworks Lighter
Spoiler

Noise Maker
Spoiler

Changelog
Spoiler

Modpacks
To distribute this mod in any modpack permission must be asked on either this thread, the ComputerCraft Forums or the BinaryMage/Mystcraft Forums.

List of allowed modpacks
Does not get updated

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions as to how I can improve this addon, please reply to this thread about it! I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

Edited by heldplayer, 10 April 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#2 jag

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

It's maybe to expensive, you know a iron and a gold block for the recipe. And requiers two stacks of ender pears to send 1 stack of items.
I'm just saying, this is kind of off balanced, no-one will use this. They will just meet each other to trade/give items

#3 Azeryuu

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Edit: Problem is wrong forge, which build of forge does this require?

#4 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postjag_e_nummer_ett, on 09 October 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

It's maybe to expensive, you know a iron and a gold block for the recipe. And requiers two stacks of ender pears to send 1 stack of items.
I'm just saying, this is kind of off balanced, no-one will use this. They will just meet each other to trade/give items
I'll think about balancing it a bit. I might go with changing the item transfer charge needed to 5, and possibly an item that stores 1 charge and only gets dropped when the modem is broken.

View PostAzeryuu, on 10 October 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Edit: Problem is wrong forge, which build of forge does this require?
I've built this using forge 305, what forge version are you using and what's the error?

#5 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Could you make it so you can use turtle fuel to charge this too? (I mean even if it's like 1000f/unit), maybe configurable?

#6 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostTehSomeLuigi, on 10 October 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Could you make it so you can use turtle fuel to charge this too? (I mean even if it's like 1000f/unit), maybe configurable?
No, the point of using ender eyes is that the charges have the ability to cross dimensions, coal and the like simply doesn't possess that power.

#7 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Maybe some documentation would be nice. I'm having issues trying to use this.

View Postheldplayer, on 10 October 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

No, the point of using ender eyes is that the charges have the ability to cross dimensions, coal and the like simply doesn't possess that power.

Maybe add more uses per pearl? I mean pearls are'nt easy to get

and maybe usable ender eyes - they stack higher but come at the downside of the blaze powder

#8 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Cool - update! Nice!

#9 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostTehSomeLuigi, on 10 October 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

and maybe usable ender eyes - they stack higher but come at the downside of the blaze powder

Yes, eyes of ender should be made usable, I think I'll let them give off a higher charge. As to documentation, you can use "help endernet" to get you started on using commands (Ignore the getOutputOccupied and getInputOccupied methods though, I forgot to implement them). I shall look into documenting it better on this topic though.

#10 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Does this act as an anchor for the chunk it's in? If not I fail to see how it would be advantageous to use it for messages. Looks intriguing, in any case. Always good to have another use for Ender eyes.

#11 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostChunLing, on 10 October 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Does this act as an anchor for the chunk it's in? If not I fail to see how it would be advantageous to use it for messages. Looks intriguing, in any case. Always good to have another use for Ender eyes.
It does not, you'll have to use it together with other mods that add chunkloaders to truly used it at its fullest.

#12 MeinAccount

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Error on startup of computer and turtle:
bios:328: [string "endernet"]:7: unexpected symbol

#13 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postheldplayer, on 10 October 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostTehSomeLuigi, on 10 October 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yes, eyes of ender should be made usable, I think I'll let them give off a higher charge. As to documentation, you can use "help endernet" to get you started on using commands (Ignore the getOutputOccupied and getInputOccupied methods though, I forgot to implement them). I shall look into documenting it better on this topic though.

Ah, I do apologise.

I did figure it out with events and I also use peripheral.getMethods()

Awesome add-on, I must say

#14 TecmagDiams

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

This seems like an amazing idea. Can't wait to try it out and stuff! :P/>

#15 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostMagnus, on 11 October 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Error on startup of computer and turtle:
bios:328: [string "endernet"]:7: unexpected symbol
That's what happens when I derp at coding in lua, updated to a bugfix version to fix this.

#16 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Awesome! I must say you update often. :)/>

#17 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostTehSomeLuigi, on 12 October 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Awesome! I must say you update often. :)/>
I try to please the people that use or think about using my mods :)/>

#18 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Updated to use 1.4.5!

Sorry for the lack of updates, my computer died and I just got the new one.

PS: Can't update the topic title just yet, there's a problem with the forums that prevents me from doing so.

#19 heldplayer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Updated to version 1.5!

This version adds support for Xfel's Peripheral Cables in both the lua endernet API and behind the scenes.
This version also fixes a possible duplication bug in the Trans World Modems and ships with the CC API and the Peripheral Cables API to allow this mod to run without either installed. Why would you do that though? :D
But most importantly, the modem will try to move as many items as possible from its inventory when calling the transport method. So if you have a stack of 64 cobble in there, you won't have to waste 5 eyes of ender (320 ender charges) just to move all of them. Instead it takes 5 ender charges to move the entire stack! Think about being economic!

#20 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Nice to see this is updated :).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users