My First Airship [WIP]

10 replies to this topic

#1 nikojoi

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hey all, I've decided I want to build an Airship to fly me where ever I would like (maybe add a mining arm or weapons later). I have watched a couple youtubers build them and am kind of emulating Direwolf20's design from his season 4 LP.

I want to use Computercraft to control it, but I'm still fairly new to programming and lua. I have an pictures of the ship so far (very early construction), and the code to move it down below. A lot of my code has been lifted from others and then mashed together or modified to suit my needs. I got the menu code from a FunshineX video, and it was super helpful.

Any help, suggestions, or just some moral support would be greatly appreciated !

The basalt stone brick are panels, and the marble stone brick are covers. I just find it easier to keep track of which is which this way.

EDIT : Updated my code to add the up and down functions, also made it clear the terminal when you choose a direction.

EDIT 2: Finally added the engines for the other 5 directions, also added purple lamps for light at night.

EDIT 3: Linked the videos that I got the design of the airship, and the menu coding from. Also hid the code to make the topic prettier. :P/>

Spoiler

#2 NIN3

• New Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Neat, cant wait to see it when its all built.

#3 jag

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Cool!

#4 kei_k

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Im quite exited to see what you're gong to build and the coding is quite messy, maybe i could help you shortening that up a bit and after, can you post up a video clip, that would me much appreciated

#5 ScruffyRules

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

NIN3, on 10 October 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Neat, cant wait to see it when its all built.
HEY NIN3 :P/>

#6 etopsirhc

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

hope it works better for you than me , i tested moving a frame with an attached computer and it crashed my mc client
idk if its all fixed but i hope so ( was using tekkit b4 when it happened )

#7 nikojoi

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Finally got it working in all 6 directions ! It took me forever to get the frames to play nice, I'm still not too sure what I was doing wrong either. But that seems to be the general opinion with frames from what I'm hearing from people.

I'd like to add somethign to it, just a flying platform that can move in 6 different directions all controlled by 1 computer is boring. Too bland. Anyone have any ideas on what I could add ? Whatever it will be I will try to also automate that with CC.

#8 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Use spoilers to hide your code
Spoiler
it makes the thread look neater
:P/>

#9 DMACNZ

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

which lets play video was it

#10 nikojoi

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

I just hide the code in spoilers, and linked both Direwolf20's, and FunshineX's videos that I got my ideas from.

#11 KaoS

Diabolical Coder

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationThat dark shadow under your bed...

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

attach a long distance forcefield generator with the zapper and block breaker upgrades as a cannon of sorts or you can use dispensers and musket rounds, dynamite, cannon balls or blunderbuss shots. a TNT bombing bay and a spherical force field that can also be activated. balkon's cannons for a defensive firing team to operate along with ccSensors to detect all nearby activity and auto bomb/shoot/lava-drop/forcefield-capture/alarm etc etc. deploying water to swim up to the ship with and GPS radar with continuous ping. that's just off the head

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users