• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

View Postnitrogenfingers, on 18 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostETHANATOR360, on 18 November 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

sweet im gonna make an 8 bit mario
EDIT:made
the head not enough room for body

You can scroll the canvas with the arrow keys if you run out of space.

View PostArchAngel075, on 18 November 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Very welldone! In-fact this program is what i would be needing for my Angel-TV program for bigger than 2x4 screens....

Can you perhaps let me know if its possible to use this program in my own ?

When one closes(finish editing) a image how does the program save it? anything complicated or is it simple like the basic paint program? [read OP]
would the program be usable with mine if :

'shell.run("paint", "Frame" .. CFrame) --where CFrme is user or automaticaly defined frame number, [except after frame number a extra option would be to save as the npa. extention)

--so
CFrame = 1
--and run the shell command above would yield opening Frame 1 in paint
--once paint is closed with ctrl-enter + ctrl-right-enter (save and close file) it returns to my programs mainmenu automatically

would the above be possible if i used instead :

shell.run("NPaintPro" , "Frame" .. CFrame)

?

You're of course free to use NPaintPro however you like. If you make something cool, share the link, would love to see what you come up with!

I'm afraid there's no option for specifying the selected frame from the command line- you have to change frames from within the program (with the goto menu option or the <> keys)

Thanks, Scolling is the one thing that hinders the programs, so its good to have a scroller.

-

Perhaps if i look into your program and see if i cant trick it into exiting into mine afterwards.... else support will be funny but again thanks!

#62 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I fixed the link to the paint program so it stops sending users to the wrong version. For some reason I have real trouble with the editor on these forums... if you're unable to print, redownload.

#63 BigSHinyToys

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postnitrogenfingers, on 19 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I fixed the link to the paint program so it stops sending users to the wrong version. For some reason I have real trouble with the editor on these forums... if you're unable to print, redownload.
The forums editor does some strange things like when typing some times the lines jump to the top. Other times links connect to old links when you type them in the same position. disabling Underline a bold then entering re enables them. spaces at the start of lines are removed causes cod to look bad. space between paragraphs vanish some times. it is a real pain to work with it in general. so it is not just you that is having trouble with it.

I copy pasted the code into paste bin so not following the link was unaffected by that problem.

This is a really awesome program I haven't had much time to mess with it thought but I will be using this in my new CC legit world to make fortifications.

#64 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostBigSHinyToys, on 19 November 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

The forums editor does some strange things like when typing some times the lines jump to the top. Other times links connect to old links when you type them in the same position. disabling Underline a bold then entering re enables them. spaces at the start of lines are removed causes cod to look bad. space between paragraphs vanish some times. it is a real pain to work with it in general. so it is not just you that is having trouble with it.

I copy pasted the code into paste bin so not following the link was unaffected by that problem.

This is a really awesome program I haven't had much time to mess with it thought but I will be using this in my new CC legit world to make fortifications.
The issues with the forums kinda go away when you just switch to HTML format only. It's a bit of work, but it does work properly after.

#65 krazyjosh1234

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

For some reason, whenever I try to change layers (number buttons), its errors out, printing this:
npaintpro:1319: attempt to compare __lt on nil and number

#66 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View Postkrazyjosh1234, on 21 November 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

For some reason, whenever I try to change layers (number buttons), its errors out, printing this:
Thanks for the report, will look into this asap.

#67 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Question :

Does the NPaintPro support the same color format as the normal "Paint" program provided with Advanced Computers?
-else can you add support for it? since this will make using my TV and your program easily :(/>

Also if you want you can try to add support for my TV program by making a option "If fs.exists("Angel-TV") == true" etc then make it show a button or other to make "Layers" rather appear as seperated Frames?

Second, how does it save multiple layers?
I am also going to make a "compiler" for my program that rather compresses every Frame into a single file, would it be possible to make your layering work together with this idea?
-The layering is amazing since for making movies it helps to be able to switch quickly between frames(mine doesnt have such a function yet)

-end-

#68 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

NPaintPro supports the same file format as Paint. If you want to load a file into NPaintPro that is a paint file however you have to specify by adding a file extension, in this case ".nfp" to the end of your paint file. This tells NPaintPro that it's a standard paint file and opens in a single layer.

There are two modes in NPaintPro, depending on your file type. "Paint" mode just works on a single image, and always saves as a single image. "Animation" mode allows you to edit multiple frames. When saving a file in animation mode, it automatically saves all frames in one file.

You're free to make any changes to the program you need to for your TV program.

#69 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

View Postnitrogenfingers, on 22 November 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

NPaintPro supports the same file format as Paint. If you want to load a file into NPaintPro that is a paint file however you have to specify by adding a file extension, in this case ".nfp" to the end of your paint file. This tells NPaintPro that it's a standard paint file and opens in a single layer.

There are two modes in NPaintPro, depending on your file type. "Paint" mode just works on a single image, and always saves as a single image. "Animation" mode allows you to edit multiple frames. When saving a file in animation mode, it automatically saves all frames in one file.

You're free to make any changes to the program you need to for your TV program.

Oh thanks thats perfect then, perhaps i can make use of some bits of code for future projects too, many thanks :(/>
will look into it later this weekend when i plan on working on my compiler :(/>

#70 Mindmenace

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

I'm not certain if it is error on my part, but whenever I seem to print, the turtle just stays in place repeatedly breaking the block under it and replacing it.

#71 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostInvisimus, on 22 November 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

I'm not certain if it is error on my part, but whenever I seem to print, the turtle just stays in place repeatedly breaking the block under it and replacing it.
You need to fuel the turtle first.

#72 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostLeo Verto, on 22 November 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

wow there wasnt a fuel check ? perhaps nitro should add it to avoid any further mistakes ?
-just a suggestion :(/>

#73 cmurtheepic

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Locationthe vast cosmos of my mind; binary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

this is just what ever computercraft game maker needs :(/>
thanks nitrogen fingers and i am one of your subscribers. keep it up :(/>

#74 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostArchAngel075, on 22 November 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

View PostLeo Verto, on 22 November 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

wow there wasnt a fuel check ? perhaps nitro should add it to avoid any further mistakes ?
-just a suggestion ;)/>

Fuel Check! Rats I knew I forgot something! I never use fuel so I didn't notice...

Will patch one in later today.

#75 Expenox

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of my computer.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Amazing, this blows my mind.

Great work, I can't wait to see more! ;)/>

#76 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

When on brush mode and you type 1 instead of changing to size 1 it errors with:

#77 CastleMan2000

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationThe trashcan where all Undertale trash is

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

I think I found a bug: When attempting to print without fuel, it will turn around and such, and the indicator will move, and at the end it will say "Print succesful", but that's wrong. I think you should check for fuel level so it will tell you when you need to refuel it.

#78 TheAraulin

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

How do you switch colors?

#79 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostCastleMan2000, on 24 November 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I think I found a bug: When attempting to print without fuel, it will turn around and such, and the indicator will move, and at the end it will say "Print succesful", but that's wrong. I think you should check for fuel level so it will tell you when you need to refuel it.

Some one else pointed out this, nitro will be adding fuel checks ;)/>

#80 Jasonfran

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostMinecraftv250, on 24 November 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

will it blend, that is the question
It was funny first time. Now it isn't

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users