Gleeson's Practical Turtle Programs [NEW: Advanced Room Builder]

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gleeson9

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hey everyone, recently started a series on my channel called "Discovering ComputerCraft" which involved me learning what it is I can achieve with ComputerCraft. Here I will document the programs that I complete for discussion and use for the public.

Advanced Room Builder

Being my most complex program yet, I'm quite proud of this one. This program will either build or hollow out a room for you, lining the walls, roof and floor with a material of your choice, with EnderStorage utilisation to achieve almost infinite amount of blocks for the turtle to use, a place to dump all of the resources it gathers, and to keep it self well fueled. You even get to specify the length, width and height of the room (with no maximum yet discovered!). Note: Largest test has been 128x128x6, so as far as I can tell the size can has no maximum other than keeping the chunks the room is in loaded.

Showcase video: Coming

Making Of videos and code:
Spoiler

Stairs

Stairs is basic (and messily written as it was practically my first) program that will dig a stairway downwards into the world. It includes multiple failsafes such as gravity-block detection and walling up the stairwell so that it would not get flooded with water or lava. It also included lighting.

Showcase video:

Spoiler

Tunnel

Tunnel is a program makes a turtle dig out (or create) a 3x3 tunnel in any direction for a specified amount of blocks. It will dig out the tunnel, putting a nice row of lighting in the roof every 6 blocks, and if it runs into open air, such as a cave, ravine, or you just start it in the air, it will wall off the tunnel around it, which also prevents liquid leaks. Using the EnderStorage mod, the turtle also has some inventory management capabilities, such as replenishing it's block or lighting supplies if they run low. Note: Something I did not account for when making this program was fuel, so depending on what you guys think, I may add another EnderChest to handle the turtle's fuel.

Showcase video:

Spoiler

#2 Ralnick

• New Members
  • 32 posts
  • Locationthe lighter side of Hell -- South Dakota

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

tried out the advanced room, atempted to refuel once it did that it errored out attempt to something nil line 279
this function
Spoiler

would not run while it is fueled.

also no instructions on where or how to place the chest. (not even in code)

#3 Kotawolf

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Tried this out today.. the Advanced Room Builder. The turtle wouldn't moved.
Just sits there... acts like the program is running.

#4 DavEdward

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hi Gleeson,

I used this program a good while back and enjoyed it, and got into minecraft again. However I can't get your code to work. Lines 105 and 218 have corrupt text in them and I don't know what the values are supposed to be.
Any chance you can fix it?

Thanks

EDIT: I found the issue. The forums ate some of the code and left HTML garbage in it's place. It replaced the lessthan/greaterthan symbols with '<' and '>' respectively which broke the code.

Edited by DavEdward, 28 December 2013 - 06:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users