Variable Size Quarry (now with Super Ore Quarry™)

turtle

595 replies to this topic

#421 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostKotawolf, on 23 November 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

-snip-
Well I'm glad the restart worked :)

The "too long without yielding" error means that the program spent too long doing operations without calling "coroutine.yield", "sleep", or any turtle function. I really have no idea what causes this error, as it happens seldomly to some people yet I've never had it happen to me :\

The best idea I have of why this happens would be a lag spike, but I honestly don't know. I could try throwing sleep(0) in every for loop around, but I don't know if that would make a difference. Unless you can reliably reproduce it, I won't be able to fix it :(

Thanks for the error report, though! I always appreciate them. :)

#422 Minx

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:14 AM

Hello, I have downloaded the latest builds and when i do
receiver -screen right [CHANNEL]
it waits for the channel then once is receives the channel i get this error.
receiver:761: tryAddRaw got nil, expected string

But when i do just
receiver
and then
RECEIVE COMPUTER {CHANNEL}
it works just fine, I really needs some help cause i don't wanna have to keep checking the the computer.

Used builds from what you posted on Nov. 24th...whenever you can thanks! :D

#423 Cycomantis

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

I believe that is due to the height of your monitors not being one of the 3 valid heights. Try changing your setup to just being 2 monitors high and see if it works.

#424 Minx

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostCycomantis, on 26 November 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

I believe that is due to the height of your monitors not being one of the 3 valid heights. Try changing your setup to just being 2 monitors high and see if it works.

I used a 2x2 setup with monitors on most of the sides.

#425 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

View PostMinx, on 26 November 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

-snip-
Thanks for the bug report!

This bug happens in the newest version if you use any 2 wide monitor. There is a new message the turtle can send back called "status" that is usually nil. I was thinking it would just not get added if it didn't exist, but it actually errors. I have fixed the small bug, so just redownload.

Thanks for using the program! :)

#426 Jonnhycraft

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm getting an error when I try to use the Quarry only.

I entered for example (others dont work neither):
quarry -help

The error is:
quarry:242: attemp to call nil

I loaded this version (http://pastebin.com/YTgKCcVy) today.

Is anyone else getting this error?

#427 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

View PostJonnhycraft, on 03 December 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

quarry -help

The error is:

Oops, you're using an older version of MC. There was a check for a function that doesn't exist in older versions that was supposed to be error-checked but wasn't. Try re-downloading, should be fixed now :)

Thanks for the bug report

#428 Wurstmann

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

View Postcivilwargeeky, on 04 December 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

View PostJonnhycraft, on 03 December 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

quarry -help

The error is:

Oops, you're using an older version of MC. There was a check for a function that doesn't exist in older versions that was supposed to be error-checked but wasn't. Try re-downloading, should be fixed now :)

Thanks for the bug report

I downloaded it today and have the same error :/ so i use tekkit lite. MC 1.4.7

#429 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostWurstmann, on 05 December 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

-snip-

I downloaded it today and have the same error :/ so i use tekkit lite. MC 1.4.7
*facepalm*

I updated in my git repo, but forgot to actually update the pastebin...

Try downloading again

#430 ailmanki

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

Very good script, only 2 questions,
This points to the program for the turtle, at least it tells me that when I use it.

Version 3.6.0 Rednet Companion Program (this goes on computer, compatible with 3.5.2 - current):
http://pastebin.com/mLYKBZ4Y
I used the quarryReceiver.lua from github.

Second question, how can I send a command to the turtles once I have multiple ones connected over rednet?

#431 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

View Postailmanki, on 12 December 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

Very good script, only 2 questions,
This points to the program for the turtle, at least it tells me that when I use it.

Version 3.6.0 Rednet Companion Program (this goes on computer, compatible with 3.5.2 - current):
http://pastebin.com/mLYKBZ4Y
I used the quarryReceiver.lua from github.

Second question, how can I send a command to the turtles once I have multiple ones connected over rednet?
Wow. I can't believe that no one else noticed the receiver didn't actually go to the receiver. Thanks for telling me :) I have fixed the pastebin

To your other question, you use "COMMAND [screen side or screen id #] [command]"
e.g. "COMMAND LEFT DROP"
I really need to better document my commands... For now, though, here they are:

stop, quit, kill: Stops turtle where it is
return: immediately goes back to start, drops stuff off and quits
drop: drops off inventory, then continues
pause: turtle will wait until unpaused
resume, unpause, pause (if paused): the turtle resumes if it was paused

Edited by civilwargeeky, 13 December 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#432 kim_yannick

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

There is an annoying bug: The turtle finds "Bedrock" at high layers. There is also no block at the last position that the turtle can't mine: The surrounding blocks are just stone and peridot ore.

Edited by kim_yannick, 17 December 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#433 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

View Postkim_yannick, on 17 December 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

There is an annoying bug: The turtle finds "Bedrock" at high layers. There is also no block at the last position that the turtle can't mine: The surrounding blocks are just stone and peridot ore.
I don't know why this happens (unless you are playing 1.4.7). To work around this, use the "-startY [current y coordinate]" argument. Then it will only find bedrock when its close to the bottom of the world :)
Otherwise it will continue trying to mine no matter what.

Edit: Say you are at y=70. You would use "quarry -startY 70" (In case that wasn't clear)

Edited by civilwargeeky, 17 December 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#434 Kotawolf

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Kim_yannick,

Could you provide some more information. There was an instance using FTB Monster - the turtles had issues with the "Gas blocks" from GasCraft, the blocks were a "gas" block and not really mineable. I never ran into the issue myself, but I read where others had. Also, I don't know if someone found a fix for this. My fix was to disable GasCraft.

Are you going through your own pack or is this a build out pack?
What other mods are there?

Just trying to give you a direction to look.

#435 kim_yannick

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

View Postcivilwargeeky, on 17 December 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

I don't know why this happens (unless you are playing 1.4.7). To work around this, use the "-startY [current y coordinate]" argument. Then it will only find bedrock when its close to the bottom of the world :)
Otherwise it will continue trying to mine no matter what.

Edit: Say you are at y=70. You would use "quarry -startY 70" (In case that wasn't clear)

I restarted the turtle with this parameter on the right Y Pos but the turtle failed at y=34. I also used -maxTries 500.

I am playing TPPI (Test Pack Please Ignore). There is no GasCraft. I don't think there is a block that the turtle can't mine.

The problem must be in the VerticalMove function. Only this function does not check the height. What I can see is that the hole on that the turtle goes up to the chest goes completely down to bedrock, not just to the last mined layer.

Edited by kim_yannick, 20 December 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#436 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

View Postkim_yannick, on 19 December 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

-snip-

I restarted the turtle with this parameter on the right Y Pos but the turtle failed at y=34. I also used -maxTries 500. I am playing TPPI (Test Pack Please Ignore). There is no GasCraft. I don't think there is a block that the turtle can't mine. The problem must be in the VerticalMove function. Only this function does not check the height. What I can see is that the hole on that the turtle goes up to the chest goes completely down to bedrock, not just to the last mined layer.
Hmm... I still don't know why the turtle is finding bedrock. I have, however, fixed the pastebin and put a check for startY in the verticalMove function as well. So that feature should work as intended now.
Really though, you must be waiting an awful long time for it to error. If you say -maxTries 500, you should be waiting a couple minutes for it to fail on one move...

If you want I could come to a server and see the behavior sometime. Make sure something else isn't messing up the turtle.

#437 Cycomantis

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:27 AM

I've noticed that when mining in the dark and the turtle is trying to return to mining after emptying its inventory it will get hung up on mobs(they will fall into the shaft the turtle uses to travel in so you end up with a bunch of mobs in 1 spot) for more then the default number of tries. I pretty much have to constantly run at -maxTries 100 to not have false bedrock detections(wasted a ton of fuel figuring this out...).

How hard would it be to move from the maxTries logic to something more like "if turtle.detect() and not turtle.dig() then" logic which is what I have been using in my scripts and seems to work flawlessly without all the extra waiting.

EDIT: It is probably worth noting that at times mobs will be blocking the turtle from moving but not quite in a possion to where he can actually hit them. I have found turtle sitting idle with a single mob in front of him, when I kill the mob he takes off again.

Edited by Cycomantis, 23 December 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#438 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostCycomantis, on 23 December 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

I've noticed that when mining in the dark and the turtle is trying to return to mining after emptying its inventory it will get hung up on mobs(they will fall into the shaft the turtle uses to travel in so you end up with a bunch of mobs in 1 spot) for more then the default number of tries. I pretty much have to constantly run at -maxTries 100 to not have false bedrock detections(wasted a ton of fuel figuring this out...).

How hard would it be to move from the maxTries logic to something more like "if turtle.detect() and not turtle.dig() then" logic which is what I have been using in my scripts and seems to work flawlessly without all the extra waiting.
The thing is, it already does this. To find literal bedrock, it doesn't actually try hitting it fifty times, it says there is a block there that it can't mine, so it is bedrock. The "maxTries" is indeed there for mobs, but it just says it found "bedrock" as a general "I found something I can't get past, go fix it"

EDIT: It is probably worth noting that at times mobs will be blocking the turtle from moving but not quite in a possion to where he can actually hit them. I have found turtle sitting idle with a single mob in front of him, when I kill the mob he takes off again.

You see, here is the heart of the problem. I figure if the turtle spends about a whole minute trying to move one block, then it probably won't be able to move anytime soon, either. If the turtle can't hit the mob, and the mob won't move, then increasing maxTries will only make it wait longer before it fails. That is why I've set maxTries at only 50.
If you typically set the turtle to maxTries 100 or more anyway, go up to the config at the top of the program, and change 50 to 100 :)

#439 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

Quarry 3.6.1 (The Quadracopters Update)

Important Changes:
  • Quadracopters! See the attached video (They will also refuel with quadracopters when out of fuel)
Downloads:
Quarry: http://pastebin.com/FLJtCvH9
Receiver: http://pastebin.com/hwaCXdEE
Raw Changes:
Spoiler
Parameters:

-quad [t/f]: Allows a quadcopter to come and refuel the turtle. Doesn't work without rednet
-quadTimeout [number]: The amount of time the turtle will wait for a quadcopter

Receiver Parameters:

-quad [cardinal direction]: This is the direction your quadBase should be set up in with a chest past it filled with fuel. This works with multiple quadRotors at once

Video :3

#440 unknownskill

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

hey every time i try to use the rednet receiver
i use the command monitor left quarryreceiver
i get no modem is connected please attach one
what side was that on? the computer has a wireless modem on the top
so i type top.
then it say on main computer type
Receiver computer desired channel. typing anything of the sort and the computer dosen't do anything

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users