Variable Size Quarry (now with Super Ore Quarry™)

turtle

595 replies to this topic

#561 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostJonnhycraft, on 05 November 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Is there anyway to whitelist coal some how? Because it seems to be dropping coal for some reason.

Thanks in advance!
Hmm. Well, I looked at the code for awhile, trying to figure out what could be going wrong, then I tried to test my program, but my outdated minecraft setup apparently doesn't work with pastebin anymore... so I looked at more code for awhile... And I have no idea why it isn't working. Unless "turtle.refuel(0)" no longer returns true for a fuel item, I can't see any reason why it would count the fuel as a junk block. Possibly try "-doRefuel true" to see if that fixes it? I don't think it will but it might...

I'm sorry I can't reproduce or fix your problem immediately :(

#562 dkittrell

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

First off great program, I use this anytime I use a turtle for a quarry.Havent had to use a turtle in quite some time so i came back to this code and found it updated alot.So i was looking for some help, im probably being a big newb here so im sorry. I put the program on the turtle and named it quarry. I looked under the help screen and found the oreQuarry and doRefuel options which I liked so I started the program and wrote this exactly: quarry oreQuarry doRefuel ,I also put a block of stone,dirt and Gravel in 1-3 slots. The program asked me about size and inverted then it started but I don’t think I did the arguments right. Its still brining back all the cobble,dirt,and gravel and it doesn’t appear to be refueling it self with the coal it picks up. Did I understand these arguments wrong or did I put them in wrong?

Edited by dkittrell, 18 November 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#563 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

View Postdkittrell, on 18 November 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

-snip-

You need to use "-" before parameters. So you would write "quarry -oreQuarry true -doRefuel true"

#564 onContentStop

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:15 AM

View Postcivilwargeeky, on 05 November 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

View PostJonnhycraft, on 05 November 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Is there anyway to whitelist coal some how? Because it seems to be dropping coal for some reason.

Thanks in advance!
Hmm. Well, I looked at the code for awhile, trying to figure out what could be going wrong, then I tried to test my program, but my outdated minecraft setup apparently doesn't work with pastebin anymore... so I looked at more code for awhile... And I have no idea why it isn't working. Unless "turtle.refuel(0)" no longer returns true for a fuel item, I can't see any reason why it would count the fuel as a junk block. Possibly try "-doRefuel true" to see if that fixes it? I don't think it will but it might...

I'm sorry I can't reproduce or fix your problem immediately :(
Yeah using -doRefuel true does stop it from dropping coal, but it seems like there's no way to get the coal in the chest.

#565 ego003

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

Hi,

I would really love to use this turtle program but with the newest version i get this error:
Posted Image

If I use the Version 3.0.3 it works but crashes when unloading items to the chest.

Im using the newist tekkit legends mod.

Does somebody know a program for mining, which works with the newist versions?

Greets
Marc

View Postego003, on 01 January 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

It seems to be this line:
civilTable = nil; _G.civilTable = {}; setmetatable(civilTable, {__index = getfenv()}); setfenv(1,civilTable)

Does somebody know, why the error "attempt to call nil" appear for this line? I am not good enough with LUA.

Thank You!

#566 Plebbian

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:18 AM

Hi Civilwargeeky, great program! I'm trying to run the below parameters and having an issue with it. The turtle accepts the bucket that I place in slot 16 but when it comes back up to drop off its load it drops off the bucket as well! Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

-dim 32 8 50 -autoresume -oreQuarry true -dorefuel true -lava 16 -lavabuffer 2

#567 HeroCC

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hi,

I would really love to use this turtle program but with the newest version i get this error:
Posted Image

If I use the Version 3.0.3 it works but crashes when unloading items to the chest.

Im using the newist tekkit legends mod.

Greets
Marc

It seems to be this line:
civilTable = nil; _G.civilTable = {}; setmetatable(civilTable, {__index = getfenv()}); setfenv(1,civilTable)

Does somebody know, why the error "attempt to call nil" appear for this line? I am not good enough with LUA.

Thank You!
Same problem here, anybody have a fix?

#568 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

Hi all! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to all of these, but alas, I'm here now :)

-snip-

View PostHeroCC, on 22 January 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

-snip-
So for you two, at first I thought I had an issue with the 1.8.9 versions of minecraft, so I went and downloaded that and checked, and it worked fine... So then I actually looked up what Tekkit Legends was and tested it out. Apparently, Tekkit Legends does not use Computercraft, but ComputerCraftEdu, which removes several functions related to tables and environments that are essential to many parts of my program. I could make extra logic to implement those functions myself, but I don't want to add in all that logic to the main program for everyone, and I don't really to make a specialty version for Tekkit Legends right now.
I'm sorry, but for now you cannot use my program with that mod pack :(

View PostPlebbian, on 22 January 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:

-snip-
As for you, I went and did some testing and discovered that when the turtle attempts to consolidate its inventory before going back to chest, it would take the bucket out of its protected slot 16, and just move it somewhere towards the top. I am uploading 3.6.4 bugfix 5 which fixes that issue. Please redownload :)

Edited by civilwargeeky, 23 January 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#569 HeroCC

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

View Postcivilwargeeky, on 23 January 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

Hi all! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to all of these, but alas, I'm here now :)

-snip-

-snip-
So for you two, at first I thought I had an issue with the 1.8.9 versions of minecraft, so I went and downloaded that and checked, and it worked fine... So then I actually looked up what Tekkit Legends was and tested it out. Apparently, Tekkit Legends does not use Computercraft, but ComputerCraftEdu, which removes several functions related to tables and environments that are essential to many parts of my program. I could make extra logic to implement those functions myself, but I don't want to add in all that logic to the main program for everyone, and I don't really to make a specialty version for Tekkit Legends right now.

-snip-
As for you, I went and did some testing and discovered that when the turtle attempts to consolidate its inventory before going back to chest, it would take the bucket out of its protected slot 16, and just move it somewhere towards the top. I am uploading 3.6.4 bugfix 5 which fixes that issue. Please redownload :)

Thanks for the reply, that is OK it doesn't work.

#570 Draaven

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:03 AM

View Postcivilwargeeky, on 23 January 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

I was getting the same with the Ender Chest. It was ending up out of it's slot after being used. I'll redownload this version and see if it's fixed in this latest version.

#571 iambob1012

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:46 AM

hi mate is there anyway to get the rednet reciever program to work on the wireless handheld computer?

#572 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

View Postiambob1012, on 07 February 2016 - 04:46 AM, said:

hi mate is there anyway to get the rednet reciever program to work on the wireless handheld computer?
Uhm, it does?
http://imgur.com/a/hWzHu

#573 Rancordian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:50 AM

Hello, i have a problem with this programm.
First: I'm running a server with Tekkit Legends and deletet ComputercraftEdu and changed it with Computercraft 1.75,

But i didn't get any of the version running. Every version i'm getting a error:
Posted Image

Hopefully someone can help because i used this so often but yet after trying a new Modpack i can't use it anymore.

P.s: sry for my bad english ^^

#574 HPWebcamAble

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWeb Development

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

View PostRancordian, on 28 February 2016 - 02:50 AM, said:

First: I'm running a server with Tekkit Legends and deletet ComputercraftEdu and changed it with Computercraft 1.75,

Here's line 18:

My guess is that you have Lua 5.1 features disabled in your config
Separate it into two lines, like this:
civilTable = nil; _G.civilTable = {}; setmetatable(civilTable, {__index =
getfenv()}); setfenv(1,civilTable)

If the new error is on line 19, then we'll know for sure

#575 Rancordian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostHPWebcamAble, on 28 February 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

View PostRancordian, on 28 February 2016 - 02:50 AM, said:

Here's line 18:

My guess is that you have Lua 5.1 features disabled in your config
Separate it into two lines, like this:
civilTable = nil; _G.civilTable = {}; setmetatable(civilTable, {__index =
getfenv()}); setfenv(1,civilTable)

If the new error is on line 19, then we'll know for sure

You are right. Now line 19 is the error
If i understand it right i can enable lua5.1 in the cinfig and it should be fixed?

#576 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:35 AM

View PostRancordian, on 28 February 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

-snip-

You are right. Now line 19 is the error
If i understand it right i can enable lua5.1 in the cinfig and it should be fixed?
Oh wow. I didn't even know that was a thing. Yes. In your Computercraft config there should be a line
	# Set this to true to disable Lua 5.1 functions that will be removed in a future update. Useful for ensuring forward compatibility of your programs now.
	B:disable_lua51_features=false
And setting this to false should allow my program to work.
Lua 5.1 has altered the concept of environment so I can no longer get a function's environment or set it through a function.

I don't know if this would also allow my program to work with ComputercraftEdu as well or not. I guess they had different defaults.

I will add a note in the OP to warn people if they are having trouble in the newer versions of CC. Thanks HPWebcamAble!

Edited by civilwargeeky, 29 February 2016 - 01:36 AM.

#577 Rancordian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Thanks you two :D It is now working again.
And a special thanks to civil, i like your programm and used it alot since i startet with computercraft =)

#578 elektronemulo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

Bug Report: Version 3.6.4.5

First Attempt:

Command line: VarQuarry -startDown 74

Length: 30

Width: 30

Height: 74

Inverted: y

Turtle goes up 74 and starts digging up. What I expected to do was go down 74 and start digging up a layer at a time.

Second Attempt:

Command line: VarQuarry -startUp 74

Length: 30

Width: 30

Height: 74

Inverted: y

Turtle goes up 74 and starts digging down. Behavior as expected.

Thanks for my most frequently used turtle program!!!

Edited by elektronemulo, 19 March 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#579 Radien

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

Hi i'm using this on FTB infinity 1.7.10 and have loaded both scripts to the turtle & computer and i've placed a 4x3 monitor next to the computer and sent the command it asked to link them but once the command is sent nothing is shown and the message on the monitor doesn't change, is there something wrong with the script or do I need to edit something somewhere to get it to work? (also is it possible to just have a monitor to auto load information from the computer?)

#580 SyberSmoke

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostRadien, on 31 March 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hi i'm using this on FTB infinity 1.7.10 and have loaded both scripts to the turtle & computer and i've placed a 4x3 monitor next to the computer and sent the command it asked to link them but once the command is sent nothing is shown and the message on the monitor doesn't change, is there something wrong with the script or do I need to edit something somewhere to get it to work? (also is it possible to just have a monitor to auto load information from the computer?)

Run the program on the computer with (program name) -auto this will find the monitor then when it starts do receiver (monitor side right/left) (net ID) to get the data to display. Worked out of the box for me, just had to learn it.

@Civilwargeeky Thank you for the excellent programs. I do have a question though. Is there a parameter to define a refuel chest, but one that is placed by the dump chest instead of an ender chest? I am in FTB Infinity Evolved also, but playing in expert and well ender chests are WAY pricy. So a wood chest stuffed with charcoal would be excellent for this situation as I kind of need the coal to make steel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users