Variable Size Quarry (now with Super Ore Quarry™)

turtle

595 replies to this topic

#361 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

metron80, on 26 June 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Yay! you have 100,000 views!
Posted Image

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know :)

Edited by civilwargeeky, 26 June 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#362 DU_HAST

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

The question for the developer program: Will you port it for use with the mod Open computers? I apologize for any errors, I do not speak English.

#363 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:05 AM

DU_HAST, on 18 July 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

The question for the developer program: Will you port it for use with the mod Open computers? I apologize for any errors, I do not speak English.
I actually looked into porting the program to Open Computers back when Open Computers came out; however, after about 2 hours of fiddling I pretty much decided that it would be very difficult for me to port it.

I may give it another look later, but I will be very busy for awhile (sadly with not programming the shell).

I'm very sorry that I can't commit to it right now.

#364 Danny12328

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

This is a great program. Hats off to you. It's too bad I'm playing on Tekkit where it's got CC 1.5 so I can't do the progress monitor with rednet.

#365 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

Danny12328, on 20 July 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

This is a great program. Hats off to you. It's too bad I'm playing on Tekkit where it's got CC 1.5 so I can't do the progress monitor with rednet.
Thanks! However, I don't understand, why can't you use the monitor? I just checked the changelog for CC 1.5 and it says

• Redesigned Wireless Modems; they can now send and receive on multiple channels, independent of the computer ID. To use these features, interface with modem peripherals directly. The rednet API still functions as before.
This is (should be) the system that the monitor program uses, so is there like an error log you can give me to fix the problem? That would be great because I don't have the means to test myself.

#366 GantradiesDracos

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

hey, i LOVE your program (first CC program ive ever run, i think the paired Turtle-monitoring computer idea is VERY cool, (im going to set up my next house on my groups techworld 2 server with a mission-control -style area), i was wondering, is there a way to set the ore quarry command to only ignore a specific ore type? redstone in particular, since the only way to get cinnabar is by smelting redstone ore blocks.
P.S: is there a way to set up relays to extend the wireless range, whether using existing items in TW2, or codeing? maybe a program to run on a separate computer with a W.modem midway between wherever the worksite is, and your control point? probably allready been asked this before, was just curious.

Edited by GantradiesDracos, 25 July 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#367 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

GantradiesDracos, on 25 July 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

hey, i LOVE your program (first CC program ive ever run, i think the paired Turtle-monitoring computer idea is VERY cool, (im going to set up my next house on my groups techworld 2 server with a mission-control -style area), i was wondering, is there a way to set the ore quarry command to only ignore a specific ore type? redstone in particular, since the only way to get cinnabar is by smelting redstone ore blocks.
P.S: is there a way to set up relays to extend the wireless range, whether using existing items in TW2, or codeing? maybe a program to run on a separate computer with a W.modem midway between wherever the worksite is, and your control point? probably allready been asked this before, was just curious.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it.
First, if all you want to do is ignore redstone ore blocks, just add in a redstone ore block to the filter when you assign it.
To your PS, yes and no. Its really easy to do if you only have one repeater, but in order to have multiple repeaters, I would have to actually get to coding my own repeater software / stealing and modifying the already existing one. This is definitely something I can do, but its not a priority right now. Thanks for letting me know that people want this :)

#368 GantradiesDracos

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

civilwargeeky, on 26 July 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

GantradiesDracos, on 25 July 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it.
First, if all you want to do is ignore redstone ore blocks, just add in a redstone ore block to the filter when you assign it.
To your PS, yes and no. Its really easy to do if you only have one repeater, but in order to have multiple repeaters, I would have to actually get to coding my own repeater software / stealing and modifying the already existing one. This is definitely something I can do, but its not a priority right now. Thanks for letting me know that people want this :)/>

great. err. i admit im really new to this, so how do i add something to the filter? is there a prompt, and does it need one of the blocks in the turtles inventory or the block id, or to i have to add something in the command prompt after typing in the program (you know, pastebin run SyxfDFzn (orequarry command) -blockid , something like that?

oh, i Should mention ive gotten into the habit of fueling up my (advanced) W.mining turtles in advance, and in much greater amounts then the smartfueler says its needs. once or twice they've run outta fuel (usually use lava cells,) in teh middle of/almost at the end of a job. unsure if its numbers are slightly off, or something hiccuped on my groups mc server, just passing my feedback on. it might be because i used to have a habit of doing stupidly large areas ( 80/100x80/100), so it might of gotten unloaded or something similer

#369 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

GantradiesDracos, on 27 July 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

-snip-

great. err. i admit im really new to this, so how do i add something to the filter? is there a prompt, and does it need one of the blocks in the turtles inventory or the block id, or to i have to add something in the command prompt after typing in the program (you know, pastebin run SyxfDFzn (orequarry command) -blockid , something like that?

oh, i Should mention ive gotten into the habit of fueling up my (advanced) W.mining turtles in advance, and in much greater amounts then the smartfueler says its needs. once or twice they've run outta fuel (usually use lava cells,) in teh middle of/almost at the end of a job. unsure if its numbers are slightly off, or something hiccuped on my groups mc server, just passing my feedback on. it might be because i used to have a habit of doing stupidly large areas ( 80/100x80/100), so it might of gotten unloaded or something similer
Well, when you start the quarry, if there aren't already blocks in its inventory it will say "You have selected Ore Quarry! Please place your compare blocks in the first slots. Press Enter when done"
So put the redstone ore block in when it says this. If it doesn't say this, you already put blocks in its inventory, and you should put the redstone ore block in before you start the program.

As for your second issue, I've noticed this happening to me as well. I've considered just going ahead and doubling the amount of fuel it asks for, but that seems like a lazy solution. If you want to increase the amount of fuel that smartfuel expects, then you can say "-uniqueExtras 15" this means that the algorithm expects 15 slots of the turtle's inventory to be different items, so it will have to go back to start much more often. This is probably true anyway if you are playing with lots of mods.

#370 GantradiesDracos

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

just a heads up, the orequarry function may be broken. just logged in a checked my turtles home-chest, and there's 2 1/2 stacks of redstone dust in here

#371 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

GantradiesDracos, on 28 July 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

just a heads up, the orequarry function may be broken. just logged in a checked my turtles home-chest, and there's 2 1/2 stacks of redstone dust in here
I made this for you:

#372 Bob3104558

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

So can your program not just take fuel from a chest next to it like other programs? It is impossible to mine a 64x64 area because the fuel costs are higher than what the turtle can hold.

#373 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Bob3104558, on 30 July 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

So can your program not just take fuel from a chest next to it like other programs? It is impossible to mine a 64x64 area because the fuel costs are higher than what the turtle can hold.
Just set "-doRefuel true" and it will refuel from coal and stuff it gets from its run. I could make it so that it only refuels itself up to a certain amount from its inventory, but I think that having a fuel chest is outside the spirit of the program.

#374 Bob3104558

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

civilwargeeky, on 30 July 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Bob3104558, on 30 July 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Just set "-doRefuel true" and it will refuel from coal and stuff it gets from its run. I could make it so that it only refuels itself up to a certain amount from its inventory, but I think that having a fuel chest is outside the spirit of the program.
Just tried doing a 64x64x60 quarry with -doRefuel true and still asked for 142400 fuel and when I add more fuel it just consumes the coal

Maybe I need to set -doCheckFuel false?

Edit: I just setup a shell program that ran a 16x16x60 program, moved 16 blocks, pulled coal from a chest, refueled, then did another 16x16x60 program

Edited by Bob3104558, 31 July 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#375 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Bob3104558, on 30 July 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

-snip-
Just tried doing a 64x64x60 quarry with -doRefuel true and still asked for 142400 fuel and when I add more fuel it just consumes the coal

Maybe I need to set -doCheckFuel false?

Edit: I just setup a shell program that ran a 16x16x60 program, moved 16 blocks, pulled coal from a chest, refueled, then did another 16x16x60 program
Oh yeah. A couple days ago I added a feature to my development program so that it will not demand infinite fuel if it can't fit it...
I guess I'm about done with the next version anyway. Just some small changes. I'll push it out later.
Also yes, -doCheckFuel false would stop refueling so that you could manage it yourself :) Glad you got it figured out though.

Edited by civilwargeeky, 01 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#376 Jaguar1600

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Whenever I use the rednet function and it says " new 473: attempt to get length of nil " Any help?
Thanks

#377 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

Jaguar1600, on 12 August 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Whenever I use the rednet function and it says " new 473: attempt to get length of nil " Any help?
Thanks
Hi! Really sorry that it took so long to get back with you.
I'm very confused about your problem. First, what version of the quarry and receiver are you using, because you said "it" and 473 in quarry is
  local neededLayer = math.floor((yPos+1)/3)*3-1 --Make it a proper layer, +- because mining rows are 2, 5, etc.
and 473 in receiver is
  end
Nowhere close to either of those parts is something that would be affected by rednet...
So if you could download the latest version and see if your problem persists, then let me know (with a bit more info, please :P). Hope you can get it working

#378 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

Welp, it only took a month longer than I said it would, but its finally here!

Quarry Version 3.5.3 (the "Turtle hopefully won't get stuck in the mine when it runs out of fuel" update)

Get it here:
http://pastebin.com/T7gT01S5

Important Changes:
  • Turtle now checks so that it doesn't over-fuel with new mechanics
  • Made uniqueExtras parameter have a much larger impact on fuel requests. For example, If uniqueExtras is 15, fuel request is about 3.3x higher (at large volumes)
  • A couple other things so that turtles ask for more fuel
  • Turtle will now measure how many spaces it takes to get back home every time it moves. If it will barely have enough to get back, it will return to start and error (if doRefuel true, it will try to emergency refuel). I think this is better than having to go find it.
Raw Changes:
Spoiler

#379 master2421

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hi,
i got problem with rednet receiver. It keeps saying bios:474 invalid side. It happens all the time, even when i give modem side with param. Older versions works, but arent compatiblle with turtle scripts. Old turtle scripts randomly stops and they says Bedrock found (which is not true). I am using MC 1.4.7 FTB Ultimate.

#380 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Super Ore Quarry Update!
So with the release of CC 1.64, I saw the possibility of making a super-easy-to use Ore Finding Quarry, so I made one.

Its kind of a hack with some dead code that will be taken out, but I made it in about an hour (including testing). I don't really have the time right now to commit to a full release, and there are some features from my dev branch not added to this.
Without further adieu:

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/4tqPJQRn

Usage:
Just run with parameter "-oreQuarry true" and it will automatically mine everything but items in its blacklist.
If you have other items you don't want to mine, you can make your own blacklist in the file "oreQuarryBlacklist.txt"
Example blacklist file:
minecraft:stone, minecraft:gravel, ThermalExpansion:Machine
If you have bspkrsCore installed, there is a file in your config folder called "UniqueNames.txt" where you can see all blocks in your game.
If you have a better config file for me, please let me know.

Happy Mining! :)

Edit: There may or may not be errors I missed, so please let me know of anything

Edited by civilwargeeky, 28 September 2014 - 08:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users