[CC 1.51 | MC 1.5.2] Scanner Peripheral v0.4

peripheral

51 replies to this topic

#1 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

The Scanner Peripheral does just what the name says. You put a printed page in the scanner and read the contents of the page from a computer.

In the meanwhile I've been ever busy with studies and other semi-important stuff. I have a code base ready for a more universal version that will be able to scan all sorts of things like items all through the same API. I kind of lost interest when I couldn't find a good return format that was intuitive to use, but I received a decent comment on that from Symmetric. So it seems that I will finish this for CC 1.52 when I find time in between my finals.

Until then, gamax92 did a great job porting version 0.4 (the one without the extras) to CC 1.51. You can find it in the downloads section under here. gamax92's explanation can be found in this post. Thanks a lot man for helping out! Be sure to give him a +1!

Download here: Old downloads:
Spoiler

Requirements:
- Minecraft 1.4.2 or above
- ComputerCraft 1.46 or above
- latest stable release of Forge

Changelog:
Spoiler

API:
Spoiler

Recipe (always open to suggestions):
Spoiler

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Please, don't hesitate to post bug reports and comments under this post.

#2 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Absolutely amazing. Well done.

#3 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Shift+Click on an item in the scanner caused a crash. Fixed in version 0.2.

And thank you, tiin. :D/>

#4 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Really love this :D/>

#5 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Added support for reading the 'Book and Quill' and 'Written Book' items from vanilla Minecraft. Also added the methods 'getAuthor()' and 'getPageSize()'.
If you have anymore suggestions, please post them and I'll be happy to consider them.

Thanks for the kind remark, darkrising. :D/>

#6 darkrising

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostOrwell, on 04 November 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Added support for reading the 'Book and Quill' and 'Written Book' items from vanilla Minecraft. Also added the methods 'getAuthor()' and 'getPageSize()'.
If you have anymore suggestions, please post them and I'll be happy to consider them.

Thanks for the kind remark, darkrising. :D/>

Really nice work mate! already made myself a cheque book reader :)/>

#7 masterdisasterHD

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

your scanner v3 removes the textures from the computers O_o

i dont know if it is suppose to do that

--HD--

#8 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostmasterdisasterHD, on 04 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

your scanner v3 removes the textures from the computers O_o

i dont know if it is suppose to do that

--HD--

No, that's not supposed to happen. :D/> And I don't really get how my mod could cause this.. But I'll look into it tonight, when I'm home.

Are you sure it's my mod? Is anyone else encountering this problem too?

#9 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I've just did multiple tests and I've got no issues at all with version 0.3; computer textures are just fine. I just noticed that this version is installed on the BlackWolf server (also got no problem there), so the owner there probably doesn't have the issue either.

Still, If anyone else is encountering this problem, can they please post it? :D/>

#10 TecmagDiams

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I also have that problem. I am using a handful of other mods, but it specifically if I put scanners in that the computers lose texture. I'll get back to you later when I have more details on what causes it, perhaps I will find another mod that I have that it specifically happens with, don't know yet though.

I really want to use this peripheral too! :D/>

#11 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Screenshot?

#12 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Yes, a screenshot would be nice. Also, can you post a list of the mods you're using? And do the computers loose texture when placing a scanner anywhere, or only when placing it next to each other? Do you use a texturepack?

#13 TecmagDiams

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

There isn't really anything to take a screenshot of...
When your mod is installed, computers lose texture. End of story, invisible computers. Again, ( already said I would look into the mod list I am just busy at the time.

#14 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

My question was directed at you and masterdisasterHD. :P/> I've already heard of about 7 people for which this version works just fine. So I'm quite sure it's due to incompatibility with some other mod (or texturepack maybe?).

#15 TecmagDiams

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

I had some time and thought I would go back through my mods to isolate which one this was having a strange conflict with.

When using your Scanner Peripheral in combination with "BuildCraft-universal-3.1.8.206" the computers lose texture and become invisible.

#16 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Thank you TecmagDiams for putting your effort in this! Version 0.4 fixes the incompatibility with BuildCraft and is now up for download (see OP). No more disappearing computers.

#17 masterdisasterHD

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostOrwell, on 07 November 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Thank you TecmagDiams for putting your effort in this! Version 0.4 fixes the incompatibility with BuildCraft and is now up for download (see OP). No more disappearing computers.

told ya

#18 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostmasterdisasterHD, on 08 November 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

told ya
Indeed, thanks to you too. :P/>

#19 Ehrlingby

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Is this compatible with MC 1.4.5? If not, please update this amazing peripheral. I've been using it all the time for secure password storage.

#20 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostEhrlingby, on 26 November 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Is this compatible with MC 1.4.5? If not, please update this amazing peripheral. I've been using it all the time for secure password storage.
Sorry, I have been out of town for the last few days. I was planning on upgrading this peripheral but I sort of forgot. A version for CC 1.47 is now available in the OP. :) And thanks for the positive feedback, it's always nice to get that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users