Windows 8

123 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use Windows 8? (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use Windows 8?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

So I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 8. Horrible mistake. At first no metro apps would work. Turns out avast was blocking them, so had to update that. Then windows update took forever to work (which is nothing to do with my connection). And now stuff from the Windows app store won't even download.

I've no doubt that these issues will go eventually - but when you update your OS you want things to just work. I'm tempted to install Windows 8 cleanly to try and avoid these issues. Shame there's no "rollback" function.

#122 nolongerexistant

• Validating
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostCloudy, on 04 December 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

So I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 8. Horrible mistake. At first no metro apps would work. Turns out avast was blocking them, so had to update that. Then windows update took forever to work (which is nothing to do with my connection). And now stuff from the Windows app store won't even download.

I've no doubt that these issues will go eventually - but when you update your OS you want things to just work. I'm tempted to install Windows 8 cleanly to try and avoid these issues. Shame there's no "rollback" function.

Lol, if more people have those issues when they upgraded it would be a horrible fail from Microsoft, I installed W8 cleanly a few weeks ago and it run perfectly. Altrough i'm wondering where they hid the 30.000 apps they have (according to them >.>); since I can only find maybe 60 in the Store.

Besides that, Windows 8 is the best Windows so far. Metro was kinda annoying at the start but now I want nothing else :P The GUI is nice and clean, they improved a ton of things. To bad alot of drivers aren't W8 compatible yet.

#123 russjr08

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

My friend seems to have the same issues with Windows Update. Thank god I use WSUS..

#124 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Weird, that didn't happen to me.

The only problem I had was installing the operating system, when I had Windows 7 on my machine. Apparently avast didn't like the idea of my computer deleting system32. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users