[1.47+] Rednet Explorer Renewed - Internet in the internet (History/Cookies!)

networking wireless

82 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Rednet Explorer

~~~~ Renewed ~~~~

Hello everyone! Today I present to you, rednet explorer renewed. What is rednet explorer renewed?

Rednet Explorer Renewed is a rednet internet browser for computercraft, it used to called Rednet Explorer, but after 2 rewrites, I finally got this.

So, what is the inside?

• Redesigned GUI to look nicer.
  • Servers now allow you to modify them at the same time
  • Switch between different customizable themes.
  • Open your settings and change stuff like homepage.
  • Install new extensions.
  • Share files over rednet.
  • Download files over rednet.
  • Switch between browsing rdnt and http easily
  • Antivirus (still WIP)
  • Autoupdater
  • Clickable Link API ( cLink and newLink )
  • Updated cPrint (Supports printing tables )
  • *Conflict Warning

So, what is this "Conflict Warning"?

A conflict warning is when 2 or more hosts have the same URL, before it just used to run the first message it gets but now it asks which ID you would like to download from, in the next minor update you will be able to remember which IDs to not download from.

Coming soon

Redtube ccTube - Rednet Youtube

Download

Explorer (w/ simple host)

http://pastebin.com/FwhQMq8v

rexHost (Advanced server hosting)

http://pastebin.com/Pmf1zYAK

Screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/ljl08

#2 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Does this support mouse? Also, will you add the ability to add themes to it?

#3 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostHuman, on 06 November 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

Does this support mouse? Also, will you add the ability to add themes to it?

It doesn't support mouse yet, i'll add that in a future version, I'm adding customizable themes now.

#4 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

You should rename Redtube. This has probably been discussed before. Try CCTube. Less controversial.

#5 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostCranium, on 08 November 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

You should rename Redtube. This has probably been discussed before. Try CCTube. Less controversial.

Nah... RedTube seems better...

:3 Trololololol

#6 rhyleymaster

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostComputerCraftFan11, on 06 November 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Redtube - Rednet Youtube

Not this again.... SERIOUSLY. REDTUBE!
Lets just say: Dont google Redtube and also, not every program in CC needs Red in the name.

#7 rhyleymaster

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Also, i think we talked about you RedTube posts before....
Didn't Cloudy lock that thread?

#8 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Indeed he did. So let's not get into it again. Simple thing is, RednetExplorer is actually pretty neat. I like it. I may have to include something like this into my OS if I can ever tear myself away from other projects.

#9 MarioBG

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSpain (or Hisperia)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hello, dear ComputerCraftFan11, I think I should give my opinion on the "Redtube - Rednet Youtube" thing, and I have been most surprised to discover that http://www.computerc...__fromsearch__1 it was actually you who posted that topic (take in mind that I loved the idea for the program). I beg to you, please don't fall in the same error again, for even Cloudy told you it was not only not released code, but also that you should "change the programs name please - if someone tried googling your program... lets just say they would get an education." This is a wonderful program, pretty useful and ambitious, so please do not fall in the same error again, for everyone identifies that name with THAT. Try something different from the main current in Rednet programs, such as naming it CrafTube or something like that. Take this as a friendly advice, please, for that is what this is. Thanks for reading the comment.

#10 PixelToast

• Signature Abuser
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location3232235883

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

this is absolutely amazing!
ive alwased wanted that ataripr0n (humping a chick against a cactus) in cc!

#11 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostMarioBG, on 09 November 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Hello, dear ComputerCraftFan11, I think I should give my opinion on the "Redtube - Rednet Youtube" thing, and I have been most surprised to discover that http://www.computerc...__fromsearch__1 it was actually you who posted that topic (take in mind that I loved the idea for the program). I beg to you, please don't fall in the same error again, for even Cloudy told you it was not only not released code, but also that you should "change the programs name please - if someone tried googling your program... lets just say they would get an education." This is a wonderful program, pretty useful and ambitious, so please do not fall in the same error again, for everyone identifies that name with THAT. Try something different from the main current in Rednet programs, such as naming it CrafTube or something like that. Take this as a friendly advice, please, for that is what this is. Thanks for reading the comment.

ok... :unsure:/>
(I had a secret message on that page saying trololol, i actually knew about the name and wanted to see how players reacted until i changed the name)

#12 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

I added a new link to a program called rexHost, its a hosting program thats more advanced and has a command line. Use the command line to run commands, type "help" for a list of commands.

Type "install <path>" to install site software. (ccForums coming soon)

#13 PixelToast

• Signature Abuser
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location3232235883

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

aww you broke the 666 posts, no pie for you!

#14 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostPixelToast, on 09 November 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

aww you broke the 666 posts, no pie for you!

aww :c
canz i get pie at 777 posts?

#15 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostMechaTallon, on 09 November 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

I hope this new host actually is unable to be hacked xD remember the last attempt?
:3 well anyways, on to business:
ComputerCraftFan11..... you.... must.... make some awesome sites to start out the internet >: D
You're gonna be the father of the internet with your browser anyways so meh xD

^_^/> Here are some suggestions below:
  • www.google.com
  • www.redtube.com
  • mail.google.com
  • www.pastebin.com
  • www.cnet.com
  • www.wikipedia.org
  • www.siteip.org - Get the ID of the hoster for a site if it doesn't exist in the global database >:3
  • www.sendmsg.net - Send rednet messages to specific computers and even choose how many times and how fast!
:(/> :(/> :(/> that would just be so awesome

I'm working on google, I have a server software called ccForums too for people to make sites like ccnet, im gonna make one also called ccWiki to make free wiki's :(/>

I already programmed a mail software:
http://pastebin.com/XShwCbat

I also made a file sharing software (still WIP) which can be used for stuff like pastebin and mediafire

the last 2 can be easily made by a non-experienced coder ( I don't like calling them noobs on this forum :unsure:/> )

#16 rhyleymaster

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

www.redtube.com

STOP SUGGESTING REDTUBE. its not good for your health. THIS THREAD MAY GET LOCKED LIKE THE OTHER ONE.

#17 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Update! I added the Search Engine API, broadcast "rednet.api.ping.searchengine", all the server will message you back (Requires advanced servers)

2 new commands also added to advanced servers:
  • block <id> --Blocks all traffic from that ID
  • unblock <id> --If <id> is blocked, it will remove it from the list.

#18 aura

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

I do not believe it is possible to "block" traffic completely from appearing in the events.
I suggest adding a page you can put in advanced servers, like 503 Unauthorized (i think). When blocking the person, they try to connect to the server and they get a page back saying theyre blocked. I also suggest a 404 Page not found error.

Haha, itd be fun to setup a couple websites.

#19 basdxz

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Is it possible to connect this to make some sort of "Minecraft Wide Web"? So that you can connect to web sites that are hosted on servers in other Minecraft servers/SP worlds?

#20 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

View Postbasdxz, on 09 November 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Is it possible to connect this to make some sort of "Minecraft Wide Web"? So that you can connect to web sites that are hosted on servers in other Minecraft servers/SP worlds?
ccSockets is also adding server sockets, so yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users