HELP A NOOB on turtle

8 replies to this topic

#1 nachofault

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

JUst starting into the game and trying to figure out how i can program my turtle to lay straight line floors say about !00 blocks long spent days looking on how to program the turtle and no luck and layer the floors down myself gonna take awhile PLEASE help!

#2 sjonky

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

function floor(x)
for i = 1, x do
    turtle.placeDown()
    turtle.forward()
end
end

#3 dustpuppy

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Simply with the tunnel program.

#4 nachofault

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

ok so does it get programed to the floppy because there is no instruction to this turtle that no one taking the time to show how to do the basics that its almost losing its popularity to the game. cause i've tried programming it into the turtle but keeps saying no such program ugh is there a formala that people can see just to get a practice?

#5 nachofault

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

plus im running a 1.4 version

#6 Hackingroelz

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Locationthe Nether(lands)

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Type edit blah in craftOS

#7 nachofault

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

still no effect just sits there man this is getting lame no basic for noobies so it just for smart ones to play I say no one gots the gots to simply get the steps out to explain the no brainers how to operate the turtles ugh whats the point!

#8 Cruor

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Programs section and its sub sections are for released programs only, moved to ask a pro. also, Y U NO READ STICKY

#9 NeverCast

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

`No brainers` are not meant to operate machines. That's for the technicians , end users just get handed software.
That said, you seem like a nice kid, so let me help you out.

Open your Turtle, it should say
TurtleOS 1.4 at the top, Then type the following

edit line

Now press your Enter Key, we are now in the code editor!
Type the code

for i = 1, x do
turtle.placeDown()
turtle.forward()
end

Thanks person who suggested code.
Now Mr. Nacho. Replace the x with 100, I assume that's the number you wanted, because !00 makes no sense.

Press Ctrl, Then press Enter to save. You will be back at the > thing, with a blinky cursor! Pretty
Put some cobble in the turtle and let'r go. That is, type the word `line` ( No quote marks, just an enter at the end )

And your code shall run and your line shall make.

Edit: Oh and I just thought, you probably didn't think to refuel your trusty turtle, so put some coal in the first slot, and type refuel and press enter. At least I think there is a program for that :unsure:/>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users