CC Package Manager (apt-get style)

6 replies to this topic

#1 PCKid11

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Yo there, you may remember me from CC email (which I HAVE to work on soon). Anyways, this is a package manager.
Usage:
Put your server-side scripts in the root folder with the name of the package. That easy!
Use packman get (package) for downloading these.
Packman delete (package)
Packman run (package)

DEBUGGING client-side: the files are stored in /pack/bin/(package name)/. This could also be where crash reports/save files/temp files could be stored. So say like a game called LoZ. The save file might be in /pack/bin/LoZ/loz.sv. Feel free to experiment. As soon as you find bugs, PM me. I'm not on here all the time, so I might be a bit.

Packman Client: http://pastebin.com/TE749qpv
Packman Host: http://pastebin.com/5WiGzayr

#2 PCKid11

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

bump... still no replys?

#3 lieudusty

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

No it will not blend. I tried it, the blendtech guy said its too embarasing to put the video on youtube

#4 PCKid11

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

:( Ok, what do you want me to add? soz for late reply.

#5 airtonix

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

I really like that you've decided to make something like this. Looks like you're an arch guy (pacman).

Before I dive into your source-code however, I'd like to point out that it makes no sense to use a package manager to run a program installed by a package manager.

Neither Npm, Pip, Gem, Apt, Yum or Pac do this.

Secondly, having looked at your source code briefly it is now apparent that this is really for rednet communications only.

good effort. Perhaps think about hosting your project on github.

#6 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postairtonix, on 03 July 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

I really like that you've decided to make something like this. Looks like you're an arch guy (pacman).

Before I dive into your source-code however, I'd like to point out that it makes no sense to use a package manager to run a program installed by a package manager.

Secondly, having looked at your source code briefly it is now apparent that this is really for rednet communications only.

Did you have to necro almost every package-tool thread in sight, including one seven months old from when I arrived here? Please check the date of the last post in the thread.

Excellent work.

#7 airtonix

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 03 July 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

View Postairtonix, on 03 July 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

Did you have to necro almost every package-tool thread in sight, including one seven months old from when I arrived here? Please check the date of the last post in the thread.

Excellent work.

Why do I need to check the date of the last post in a thread? Every comment I made is relevant regardless of the date.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users