peripheral java utility

29 replies to this topic

#1 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Although this project is rather dead, I've kept the old content here for posterity's sake. Feel free to do what you wish with the source code (fair warning - it's poorly written). A good alternative can be found here.

Spoiler

#2 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

:/
I suppose I won't ever get around to balancing CCMPU. I retract all rights to the ideas behind CCMPU (if I ever owned them ;)/>).

#3 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Posttiin57, on 23 November 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I suppose I won't ever get around to balancing CCMPU. I retract all rights to the ideas behind CCMPU (if I ever owned them ;)/>).

You don't think you'll get to it because you don't have time or because you don't want to? I think a balanced alternative to this would be fantastic and I'm not an experienced enough coder yet to do it -_-/>

#4 gknova61

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Could you change the recipe to have like a smoothstone in the middle or something so it doesn't interfere with this mod that adds condensed blocks, including cobblestone ;)/>

#5 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

View Postgknova61, on 23 November 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Could you change the recipe to have like a smoothstone in the middle or something so it doesn't interfere with this mod that adds condensed blocks, including cobblestone ;)/>

Sure. I think I'll change the recipe to be like this:
DDD
DSD
DDD
Where D is diamond blocks and S is smooth stone. This makes it more difficult for players to get the item in adventure maps and also I can't imagine too many mods that would conflict with this recipe.

Edit: Okay added it

#6 sirdabalot

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hell, nice job on making this! And seriously, thanks for making it open source, not enough people do that and it's how I learn so things get tough for me as a newbie minecraft modder.

#7 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

View Postsirdabalot, on 23 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Hell, nice job on making this! And seriously, thanks for making it open source, not enough people do that and it's how I learn so things get tough for me as a newbie minecraft modder.

Thank you ;)/> I am a noob myself when it comes to Java so this project was no small task. If you have difficulty figuring stuff out I would suggest using the JD-Gui to look at decompiled code and get the general idea of how people are going about things (I would never have been able to do this project without it). Of course, open source is in my opinion far easier to use than looking at the code with a decompiler which is why I released it with this peripheral.

#8 sirdabalot

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostChallenge.Accepted, on 23 November 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

-Snip-

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it. -_-/>

EDIT: Well, would have been nice if I knew about that before I made my first peripheral. ;)/>

#9 billysback

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Could you add data values?
currently you cannot set things like wool color or log type, that's all modified by a block's data value ;)/>

#10 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postbillysback, on 23 November 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

currently you cannot set things like wool color or log type, that's all modified by a block's data value ;)/>/>/>

I definitely plan to add this in the next version. Hopefully I'll have that done by tomorrow.

#11 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostChallenge.Accepted, on 23 November 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

View Posttiin57, on 23 November 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I suppose I won't ever get around to balancing CCMPU. I retract all rights to the ideas behind CCMPU (if I ever owned them ;)/>/>).

You don't think you'll get to it because you don't have time or because you don't want to? I think a balanced alternative to this would be fantastic and I'm not an experienced enough coder yet to do it -_-/>/>
Both; JavaCraft and LuaForge take up most of my time. Oh, and ofc Chivalry.

#12 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postsirdabalot, on 23 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Well, I was thinking about posting this somewhere sometime, but I'll do it here for now. The OpenCCSensors project is open source and I think it's a good example of a peripheral. Almost everything up to know has been coded by Cloudy so you can be quite sure that all the stuff in there is done in the correct way. -_-/> Although I must admit that there aren't much comments in there. ;)/>

#13 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostOrwell, on 23 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Although I must admit that there aren't much comments in there. ;)/>/>

I do plan to comment it once I clean it up a bit -_-/>

#14 sirdabalot

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostOrwell, on 23 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

-Snip-

Don't worry, I wan't neglecting that, I just thought that it would be a bit too much of a complex peripheral for me to start looking at. ;)/>

#15 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

View Postbillysback, on 23 November 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

currently you cannot set things like wool color or log type, that's all modified by a block's data value ;)/>

This has now been added, in case anybody was missing metadata values.

#16 billysback

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Could you also add getBlockData(x, y, z) or add a second return for the getBlock(), This could then be used to save and draw 3D models :D/>

#17 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postbillysback, on 25 November 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

Could you also add getBlockData(x, y, z) or add a second return for the getBlock(), This could then be used to save and draw 3D models :D/>/>

Done. It will now return the metadata as a second return of the getBlock() function.

#18 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Updated to Version 1.5 with peripheral.getDirection() and several bug fixes

#19 Sukasa

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

When you say SMP is not "fully" supported, is there a subset of features that are known to work or not work?

On that topic, any chance of a function to send raw text to only a specific player?

#20 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostSukasa, on 27 November 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

When you say SMP is not "fully" supported, is there a subset of features that are known to work or not work?

On that topic, any chance of a function to send raw text to only a specific player?

I just have not been able to test it on an SMP server as of yet and so I am unsure if SMP will work - you are certainly free to try, but keep in mind that I did not design this peripheral to specifically work with SMP and am to new to Java/Peripheral programming to know whether or not it might work. As for a function to send raw text to only a specific player, I'll try look into it later this week. Right now I'm afraid school is taking pretty much all of my spare time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users