Jump to content




rasberry pi port


10 replies to this topic

#1 ETHANATOR360

  • Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationyour hardrive

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

i was wondering if computercraft would make it to the rasberry pi with minecraft
http://mojang.com/20...e-raspberry-pi/

#2 1lann

  • Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm pretty sure CC EMU runs on the raspberry pi. Porting it to the Pi version of minecraft would just make things harder for Dan and cloudy. They'll have to maintain 2 versions

#3 D3matt

  • Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

No, because CC doesn't run on Minecraft Pocket, and neither does Forge. It's a completely different game in almost all aspects.

#4 ETHANATOR360

  • Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationyour hardrive

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostD3matt, on 26 November 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

No, because CC doesn't run on Minecraft Pocket, and neither does Forge. It's a completely different game in almost all aspects.
1.this isnt pocket edition its pi edition
2.this version is designed with modding in mind while getting pocket editions modded would probably require the device to be jailbroken

#5 D3matt

  • Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostETHANATOR360, on 26 November 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

View PostD3matt, on 26 November 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

No, because CC doesn't run on Minecraft Pocket, and neither does Forge. It's a completely different game in almost all aspects.
1.this isnt pocket edition its pi edition 2.this version is designed with modding in mind while getting pocket editions modded would probably require the device to be jailbroken
Pi edition is a modified Pocket Edition. Therefore, it is pocket addition as far as this discussion is concerned. It's in a different language entirely than "regular" minecraft. You'd have to start the mod over from scratch, and you wouldn't have Forge to build on.

#6 Luanub

    Lua Nub

  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostD3matt, on 26 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

View PostETHANATOR360, on 26 November 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

View PostD3matt, on 26 November 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

No, because CC doesn't run on Minecraft Pocket, and neither does Forge. It's a completely different game in almost all aspects.
1.this isnt pocket edition its pi edition 2.this version is designed with modding in mind while getting pocket editions modded would probably require the device to be jailbroken
Pi edition is a modified Pocket Edition. Therefore, it is pocket addition as far as this discussion is concerned. It's in a different language entirely than "regular" minecraft. You'd have to start the mod over from scratch, and you wouldn't have Forge to build on.

It is a ported version of PE, but it is being used as a focus point to help people teach programming and I'm sure that is by means of doing modding.

From what I'm hearing from Minecon they are really going all out and adding official support for modding, and will be supplying an official modding API. Forge may not be the necessity in the future that it is today.

#7 Jasonfran

  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hopefully they make it so the android and iOS versions are moddable

#8 Tiin57

    Java Lunatic

  • Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostJasonfran, on 27 November 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hopefully they make it so the android and iOS versions are moddable
Unlikely. Those versions will probably never have the full features as seen on the PC, due to power and resource issues.

#9 Jasonfran

  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

View Posttiin57, on 27 November 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

View PostJasonfran, on 27 November 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hopefully they make it so the android and iOS versions are moddable
Unlikely. Those versions will probably never have the full features as seen on the PC, due to power and resource issues.
What I don't understand is that modern tablets CAN run minecraft. I have a Google Nexus 7, it is a quad core 1ghz CPU (4ghz all together) and a 12 core GPU and 1GB RAM. It has better specs than the computers at my school and my school PCs can run minecraft on inter grated graphics at 50fps. So if they say devices like this again can't run minecraft they need to rethink. The pocket edition is perfectly smooth, SMP would be possible yet they don't implement it and all the features of the PC edition would work fine.

#10 Kolpa

  • New Members
  • 260 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostJasonfran, on 27 November 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

View Posttiin57, on 27 November 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

View PostJasonfran, on 27 November 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hopefully they make it so the android and iOS versions are moddable
Unlikely. Those versions will probably never have the full features as seen on the PC, due to power and resource issues.
What I don't understand is that modern tablets CAN run minecraft. I have a Google Nexus 7, it is a quad core 1ghz CPU (4ghz all together) and a 12 core GPU and 1GB RAM. It has better specs than the computers at my school and my school PCs can run minecraft on inter grated graphics at 50fps. So if they say devices like this again can't run minecraft they need to rethink. The pocket edition is perfectly smooth, SMP would be possible yet they don't implement it and all the features of the PC edition would work fine.

youre talking about your own device not everybody owns a nexus 7 ...

#11 Jasonfran

  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostKolpa, on 27 November 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

View PostJasonfran, on 27 November 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

View Posttiin57, on 27 November 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

View PostJasonfran, on 27 November 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hopefully they make it so the android and iOS versions are moddable
Unlikely. Those versions will probably never have the full features as seen on the PC, due to power and resource issues.
What I don't understand is that modern tablets CAN run minecraft. I have a Google Nexus 7, it is a quad core 1ghz CPU (4ghz all together) and a 12 core GPU and 1GB RAM. It has better specs than the computers at my school and my school PCs can run minecraft on inter grated graphics at 50fps. So if they say devices like this again can't run minecraft they need to rethink. The pocket edition is perfectly smooth, SMP would be possible yet they don't implement it and all the features of the PC edition would work fine.
youre talking about your own device not everybody owns a nexus 7 ...
But a lot of people own an iphone or ipod touch or ipad. They all have similar specs. Better specs than a raspberry pi too. I dont get mojang





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users