- Because you need only one Turtle to start farming quite well! No Server-Computer is needed but it is possible to use one as a Terminal. Also the interface is very user-friendly
Terminal? For what?
- The Terminal can pass various commands to the turtle like shutting it down, changing settings and so on.
I recently started to use some different treefarming scripts I found in the Forums, and because none of them were perfect for my uses I decided to create one on my own!
Code: (I do not guarantee that this version is up-to-date! Please check Pastebin when the version of this code is different to the version below)
After finishing the installation process you can simply type 'tree' on any turtle you want to be a Farmer and the same command on any computer you want to be the server. If you want to change the default settings of the turtle you can access the file and change the values at the very top!
Note: try to avoid 'wrong' values meaning for example that you should avoid having more than 64 trees because there are no false value processing algorithms in the program yet, also you should avoid messaging a turtle with a not existing number! (Will change this circumstance soon, I promise!)
To all 1.3 users out there: you have to set
- slotAmount to 9
- chestOutput to false
- saplingMethod to "detect"
- Falling the trees in a grid (size variable)
- Replacing saplings
- Placing dirt to stay secure while placing saplings
- Automatically dropping all collected wood into a chest behind it or into a water system
- Waiting for full saplings (either enough to fill the farm or one entire Stack, can be changed in config)
- Avoiding wrong destinations because of entities or blocks in his way
- When executed on a computer with wireless modem the computer will act like a server which can be used to send messages to the (wireless) turtle/s
- Quite a lot of settings
- change all variables from the .cfg
- set the turtles startup script
- delete the turtles startup script
- stop the farming process
- shut the turtle down
- reboot the turtle
- Amount of itemslots (which differ according to the ComputerCraft version)
- Size of the grid (x, y)
- Space between two saplings in the grid
- Space between the saplings and the wall of the Farm
- Method of detecting Saplings
- Amount of saplings he will need to start farming (example: If you have a 3*3 grid and set fullSaplings to false the Farmer would wait for 10 saplings (1 reserve))
- Dropping unnecessary saplings or not (fullSaplings = false only)
- Waiting time between to runs (after the sapling-time ends)
Add the possibility to put all Items in a chest instead of dropping them
- Add a redstone output which you can toggle
- Add fuel refilling options
Rewrite the headlines from Turtle and Server
- Add the possibility to change the side where the chest is
- ... whatever you want!
Recent Version: V2.1.2_2
I'm updating every week, check for new updates!
PS: I love feedback
Edited by nO_OnE, 17 December 2012 - 08:38 AM.